KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

DECIEM Reviews

Updated Aug 9, 2022

Found 210 of over 225 reviews

3.8
DECIEM CEO Nicola Kilner (no image)
Nicola Kilner

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The people I worked with were amazing, and there was a real sense of community within the store, and the company at large.(in 16 reviews)
  • "The pay was good that’s all(in 14 reviews)
  • "good benefits but other than that nothing much here(in 11 reviews)
  • "Some really great coworkers(in 8 reviews)
  • "Great culture and work environment(in 6 reviews)
Cons
  • "Bad management(in 15 reviews)
  • "3) The upper management is just there to combat against attacks of ELC...but hey ELC already bought you so just lay back and let the real company with REAL science.(in 10 reviews)
  • "no training for in store positions.(in 7 reviews)
  • "If the managers dont like you you will be targeted as a 'problematic employee' as they also have nothing better to do than to tell employees off for leaning in a department store with 3 customers in.(in 5 reviews)
  • "No work/life balance(in 5 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Disability

This rating reflects the overall rating of DECIEM and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

Great Company

Jan 5, 2022 - Transportation Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company culture and values, flexibility, growth potential and opportunity

Cons

Chaotic nature of a exponentially growing company, hiring has been a struggle between rapid growth and the pandemic

2. 2.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Mediocre disguised as progressive.

Feb 23, 2022 - Sales in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Deciem attempts to display a green washed brand identity depicting a company who champions environmental justice.

Cons

Deciem is a corporate company

3 people found this review helpful
  3. 4.0
    Former Employee

Flexible schedules, friendly team, corporate + store disconnect

Oct 27, 2021 - Assistant Store Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone is passionate about skincare People are open and hard working

Cons

The corporate team seemed disconnected from what was happening within the store teams. The corporate team had many expectations for retail stores but did not recognize the team effort or valued store leadership.

Head of Recruitment and Talent Programs

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. Your feedback will be shared with the Leadership team as we are always looking for ways to improve and make DECIEM an amazing home for our entire team.

4. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Committed to creating a healthy work place

Jan 20, 2022 - Store Manager in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Training on many skills to help you grow in your position and product knowledge/ training

Cons

There was a lack of structure. Managers got in trouble for actually disciplining staff. HR always took the side of the employees oppose to the people they put in charge.

5. 5.0

Great Team

Nov 30, 2021 - Retail Ambassador
    Business Outlook

Pros

Get Team, Amazing discounts Genuinely learned lots about skincare and skincare ingredients

Cons

There could have been more opportunities for growth.

6. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Company Values are great, The people they hire are not.

Jul 1, 2021 - Key Holder
    Business Outlook

Pros

They believe in doing what is right They pay well for a super low maintenance job They always take care of their employees The discounts are great.

Cons

The Management in store and out of store are essentially useless when it comes to most things. They never communicate properly with one another so you have 0 idea what is going on. There is no chance of moving up pretty much ever. Unless you live near one of their head offices. Like actually do not waste your time because they will have you make personal goals that will never go anywhere and no one will acknowledge your successes. Its a new company so just expect a lot of inconsistency.

Head of Recruitment and Talent Programs

Thank you for sharing your feedback as it helps identify our opportunities and allows us to implement positive changes moving forward. The People team is working on an overarching development project to ensure that all employees at DECIEM see growth in their areas of interest. Your feedback will be shared with the management team to assist with changes moving forward and if you would like to discuss your experience in further detail, we are always happy to listen.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Love Deciem

Jun 27, 2021 - Sales Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company, positive atmosphere, management is always pushing you to do your best

Cons

Being on your feet and dress code

Head of Recruitment and Talent Programs

Thank you for sharing your feedback as it helps us identify our opportunities and allows us to implement positive changes moving forward. We are always looking for ways to improve and to make DECIEM an amazing home for our entire team as we continue to grow.

8. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Always good in the beginning

Jul 18, 2021 - Store Ambassador
    Business Outlook

Pros

-decent pay -work perks - allowed wfh options at the height of pandemic

Cons

-upper management micromanages everything - high turnover -no opportunities for growth -no structure -management constantly lies to employees

2 people found this review helpful

9. 4.0
    Former Employee

Getting their Footing

Apr 14, 2021 - Retail Sales Associate in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

They definitely have a Flexible Schedule

Cons

There were hardly any systems or protocols in place.

Head of Recruitment and Talent Programs

Thank you for sharing your feedback as it helps us identify our opportunities and allows us to implement positive changes moving forward. Your feedback will be shared with the management team to assist with necessary changes. We are always looking for ways to improve and to make DECIEM an amazing home for our entire team as we continue to grow.

10. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Genuinely love the products

May 11, 2021 - Sales Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Leading skincare company, learn so much, products are amazing

Cons

Needs to be more on the same page in certain aspects, have to have open availability

Head of Recruitment and Talent Programs

Thank you for taking the time to share these kind and helpful words about your experience with us. We deeply appreciate your feedback. We're working hard to make DECIEM an amazing home for our entire team. Your feedback will be shared with the management team to assist with changes moving forward and if you would like to discuss your experience in further detail, we are always happy to listen.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 210 Reviews

DECIEM Reviews FAQs

DECIEM has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 225 reviews left anonymously by employees. 64% of employees would recommend working at DECIEM to a friend and 61% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -5% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, DECIEM employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at DECIEM. This rating has decreased by -6% over the last 12 months.

64% of DECIEM employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated DECIEM 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at DECIEM to be benefits, compensation, coworkers and the cons to be senior leadership, career development, management.

Popular Careers with DECIEM Job Seekers