DECIEM Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Awesome"

Current Employee - Yes in Dublin, CA
    Current Employee - Yes in Dublin, CA

I have been working at DECIEM full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Money money money money

Cons

Not being able to work at night and on my off time

Advice to Management

No need to pay me, I'm so happy to work here

"House of Horrors"

I worked at DECIEM full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I met some nice people that I still stay in touch with - they left the company as well not being able to deal with Brandon Truaxe.

Cons

The owner, Brandon Truaxe is the most egotistical, rude, arrogant, narcissistic person I have ever worked with in my career of many years. He thinks he understands business and he does not. He may create good products, but as far as running a business it's like a child playing store. He was totally out of control and has no respect for others - it's all about him. Absolutely the worst experience of my life.

Advice to Management

Grow up. Respect people who put their time and dedication into the work they do. Stop the abuse and nasty comments you make about your staff.

"An actually Honest Review..unlike the many fake recent reviews on here..."

I worked at DECIEM full-time

Pros

Company with potential if management is changed.

Cons

Every negative comment on here is true and I experienced it for myself. I find it ironic how it's a beauty company and its' management is completely sexist and demeaning towards women. Please take the time to look at all the reviews... I find it funny how they tried to salvage the ratings by posting fake reviews back to back. Anyone with common sense can see that.

4. "It is what you make of it"

I have been working at DECIEM full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very successful, vibrant, rapidly growing company with such a dedicated, fun team of committed people. Huge opportunity for growth if you are competent and seek out opportunities. Every day presents new challenges, but that's not a bad thing when you love the company and people you work with. Very intelligent, caring CEO & founder.

Cons

The downsides depend on the type of person you are. If you want intensive training, constant guidance, corporate structure, and predictability - DECIEM probably isn't for you.

Advice to Management

Implementing some structure, while keeping the fluidity of departments would be beneficial.

5. "Disgusting its all smoke and mirrors"

Former Employee - Production Worker
    Former Employee - Production Worker

I worked at DECIEM full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Discount on products which are not that great

Cons

management and overall structure when it comes to manufacture

Advice to Management

rush for dollar and few chemists doesn't make you KNOW ALL when it comes to skin care business!

6. "overall"

I have been working at DECIEM full-time

Pros

the company is growing, multicultural.

Cons

there is always cons in a growing company

Advice to Management

Use someone really working for the company

"DECIEM is a family."

Former Employee - Social Media Guru- Digital Content Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at DECIEM full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The staff, the leadership, the passion, the creativity.

I had the honour and pleasure of working directly with BT for 2 almost three years, and I can truly say that he is the kindest and most compassionate boss I have ever had.

Cons

Not located in Montreal.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and stay true to your passion and vision.

8. "A great place to showcase your abilities in any field"

I have been working at DECIEM full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Extremely bright and friendly co-workers who encourage you to grow.
    - One of the brightest and passionate CEO's I've ever worked for. Everything that comes out of his mouth is genuine, if he hates your work he'll tell you straight up, if he loves it, he will email you with a thousand hearts about how incredible it is.
    - Christmas and Halloween parties are actually fun because people genuinely love working with each other.
    - Getting your work done is up to you. If you don't deliver, you will hear about it. There is no manager walking around checking up on you.

Cons

- Need a better system for employees to make complaints that end in results.

Advice to Management

- Calling employees family is great in nature but when you have to put business first and let go of certain people, the negative impact is much more harmful.

"ABNORMAL in all the best ways."

I have been working at DECIEM full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Waking up each day I never feel that I am heading to 'work'. I genuinely look forward to seeing my colleagues, which I would also consider friends. The whole team has such a passion for the brand and this is clear to see in the happy internal emails that bounce around the office. Everyone celebrates the successes and also supports each other through the inevitable struggles of a fast-growing business. The Founder, Brandon is extremely inspirational and has taught me so much whilst allowing me the freedom to evolve in my role. I have always felt supported and respected at DECIEM and the open nature of the company means that I'm never afraid to admit fault or ask for guidance. Even during the most challenging of times, I have never felt 'stressed' because I know that we will all be working to fix things together. DECIEM is the most exciting yet peaceful place that I have ever worked and I feel truly blessed and proud to be part of the team.

Cons

The company has grown exponentially recently and this has caused some struggles with stock levels. The pressure from this can be felt across all areas of the business.

Advice to Management

Take more time during the hiring process to ensure that we only welcome people who truly love our brand - not employees who leave us after a few weeks and then write negative reviews with no substance on Glassdoor.

"I really enjoy working at DECIEM"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at DECIEM full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have only experienced care and support working at DECIEM. HR and management were extremely understanding when I needed to take time out due to ill health to attend weekly doctors appointments last year. I have never worked in a company before where I have felt comfortable enough to discuss mental health issues, but I feel supported and at home here.

I look forward to going to work every day. The teams in London (in-store and head office) and Canada are made up of talented, hard-working and determined individuals who I love working with. Every day there is a new challenge and I enjoy being kept on my toes.

Cons

The exponential rate of growth of the company means that there is definitely some room to improve infrastructure.

Product launches are sporadic and sometimes without warning.

Stock issues can sometimes impact on ability to excel at my work.

Advice to Management

I would love to be able to take on more responsibility so that management have more time to focus on the bigger picture and grow infrastructure.