DECIEM Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Awesome"

Current Employee - Yes in Dublin, CA
    Current Employee - Yes in Dublin, CA

I have been working at DECIEM full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Money money money money

Cons

Not being able to work at night and on my off time

Advice to Management

No need to pay me, I'm so happy to work here

"Strange"

I worked at DECIEM part-time

Pros

Great coworkers, great products, easy to sell

Cons

Growing too fast, bad hiring process, bad working conditions

"House of Horrors"

I worked at DECIEM full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I met some nice people that I still stay in touch with - they left the company as well not being able to deal with Brandon Truaxe.

Cons

The owner, Brandon Truaxe is the most egotistical, rude, arrogant, narcissistic person I have ever worked with in my career of many years. He thinks he understands business and he does not. He may create good products, but as far as running a business it's like a child playing store. He was totally out of control and has no respect for others - it's all about him. Absolutely the worst experience of my life.

Advice to Management

Grow up. Respect people who put their time and dedication into the work they do. Stop the abuse and nasty comments you make about your staff.

"An actually Honest Review..unlike the many fake recent reviews on here..."

I worked at DECIEM full-time

Pros

Company with potential if management is changed.

Cons

Every negative comment on here is true and I experienced it for myself. I find it ironic how it's a beauty company and its' management is completely sexist and demeaning towards women. Please take the time to look at all the reviews... I find it funny how they tried to salvage the ratings by posting fake reviews back to back. Anyone with common sense can see that.

"Join if you have time to waste, avoid if you want to move up in your career"

I worked at DECIEM full-time

Pros

I've met some amazing and talented people at DECIEM.
    70% off DECIEM products.

Cons

- It's either you have a stupid amount of work, or barely any work. Mine was the latter and I felt like all my skills were deteriorating
    - There are no performance reviews or anyone in a senior position checking in to let you know how you're progressing.
    - There is absolutely no structure or workflow
    - The salaries are still pretty low considering the fact that the company makes a ton of revenue
    - There doesn't seem to be much concern for the growth and development of employees
    - CEO is never in the office and he seems to be the only one allowed to make decisions

Advice to Management

Build a structure. Decide on a workflow. Focus on training your employee in their position and on the company. Have meetings to check in with everybody's progress. You're making a lot of money so take care of your employees a little better. Maybe talk to CEOs of companies who have over 4 stars on Glassdoor. Oh, and PLEASE get a real coffee machine.

"Toxic company - the negative reviews are all true!"

Current Employee - Brand/Store Ambassador in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Brand/Store Ambassador in London, England (UK)

I have been working at DECIEM full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of my fellow Store Ambassadors were fantastic - good friends for life.

Staff discount of 70% across all products.

Decent hourly salary. No sales targets to have to achieve or commission based pay.

Cons

Cameras with microphones everywhere instore to record employees.

Lazy and useless UK management team who don’t deal with issues, or are unable to. Lack of support and any direction given.

Employees are paid different amounts for the same role, depending on how friendly/ pally they are with upper management, instead of being based on length of service and experience.

Constant drama and generally stressful and a toxic environment to work in

CEOs who visit without warning and nit-pick on every tiny detail and then scream at people/ throw tantrums, reducing employees to tears.

Company social media accounts are a joke and embarrassing to have to support. The posts are antagonising customers and making the company a laughing stock.

Advice to Management

Sort yourselves out! Listen to the reviews here, instead of just dismissing them!

This is a promising company with great products that’s being run into the ground by appalling management choices and decisions.

The culture is so toxic that people are too afraid to complain/ raise any issues, for fear of being terminated without notice.

Hire people in who actually passionate about the company, have proper experience and qualifications and most important, can actually do the job.

Promote people according to merit and achievements, not just because they’re your friends.

Address the negative culture that has been cultivated. There is a lot of cronyism/ nepotism in the company.

Pay more attention to customer service instead of just dismissing valid complaints.

"It is what you make of it"

I have been working at DECIEM full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very successful, vibrant, rapidly growing company with such a dedicated, fun team of committed people. Huge opportunity for growth if you are competent and seek out opportunities. Every day presents new challenges, but that's not a bad thing when you love the company and people you work with. Very intelligent, caring CEO & founder.

Cons

The downsides depend on the type of person you are. If you want intensive training, constant guidance, corporate structure, and predictability - DECIEM probably isn't for you.

Advice to Management

Implementing some structure, while keeping the fluidity of departments would be beneficial.

"Disgusting its all smoke and mirrors"

Former Employee - Production Worker
    Former Employee - Production Worker

I worked at DECIEM full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Discount on products which are not that great

Cons

management and overall structure when it comes to manufacture

Advice to Management

rush for dollar and few chemists doesn't make you KNOW ALL when it comes to skin care business!

"overall"

I have been working at DECIEM full-time

Pros

the company is growing, multicultural.

Cons

there is always cons in a growing company

Advice to Management

Use someone really working for the company

"DECIEM is a family."

Former Employee - Social Media Guru- Digital Content Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at DECIEM full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The staff, the leadership, the passion, the creativity.

I had the honour and pleasure of working directly with BT for 2 almost three years, and I can truly say that he is the kindest and most compassionate boss I have ever had.

Cons

Not located in Montreal.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and stay true to your passion and vision.