DECIEM Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Awesome"

Current Employee - Yes in Dublin, CA
    Current Employee - Yes in Dublin, CA

I have been working at DECIEM full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Money money money money

Cons

Not being able to work at night and on my off time

Advice to Management

No need to pay me, I'm so happy to work here

"An actually Honest Review..unlike the many fake recent reviews on here..."

I worked at DECIEM full-time

Pros

Company with potential if management is changed.

Cons

Every negative comment on here is true and I experienced it for myself. I find it ironic how it's a beauty company and its' management is completely sexist and demeaning towards women. Please take the time to look at all the reviews... I find it funny how they tried to salvage the ratings by posting fake reviews back to back. Anyone with common sense can see that.

"DECIEM is a family."

Former Employee - Social Media Guru- Digital Content Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at DECIEM full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The staff, the leadership, the passion, the creativity.

I had the honour and pleasure of working directly with BT for 2 almost three years, and I can truly say that he is the kindest and most compassionate boss I have ever had.

Cons

Not located in Montreal.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and stay true to your passion and vision.

"ABNORMAL in all the best ways."

I have been working at DECIEM full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Waking up each day I never feel that I am heading to 'work'. I genuinely look forward to seeing my colleagues, which I would also consider friends. The whole team has such a passion for the brand and this is clear to see in the happy internal emails that bounce around the office. Everyone celebrates the successes and also supports each other through the inevitable struggles of a fast-growing business. The Founder, Brandon is extremely inspirational and has taught me so much whilst allowing me the freedom to evolve in my role. I have always felt supported and respected at DECIEM and the open nature of the company means that I'm never afraid to admit fault or ask for guidance. Even during the most challenging of times, I have never felt 'stressed' because I know that we will all be working to fix things together. DECIEM is the most exciting yet peaceful place that I have ever worked and I feel truly blessed and proud to be part of the team.

Cons

The company has grown exponentially recently and this has caused some struggles with stock levels. The pressure from this can be felt across all areas of the business.

Advice to Management

Take more time during the hiring process to ensure that we only welcome people who truly love our brand - not employees who leave us after a few weeks and then write negative reviews with no substance on Glassdoor.

"I really enjoy working at DECIEM"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at DECIEM full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have only experienced care and support working at DECIEM. HR and management were extremely understanding when I needed to take time out due to ill health to attend weekly doctors appointments last year. I have never worked in a company before where I have felt comfortable enough to discuss mental health issues, but I feel supported and at home here.

I look forward to going to work every day. The teams in London (in-store and head office) and Canada are made up of talented, hard-working and determined individuals who I love working with. Every day there is a new challenge and I enjoy being kept on my toes.

Cons

The exponential rate of growth of the company means that there is definitely some room to improve infrastructure.

Product launches are sporadic and sometimes without warning.

Stock issues can sometimes impact on ability to excel at my work.

Advice to Management

I would love to be able to take on more responsibility so that management have more time to focus on the bigger picture and grow infrastructure.

"Never a dull moment @ DECIEM!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at DECIEM full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- The fast growth of the company has allowed my role to grow significantly in the short time I have been here. I dislike being micro-managed so although some reviews refer to the need for a management structure, this wouldn't work for me. I like being able to use initiative and make decisions without the need to check in with several people beforehand. I also think this allows for more creativity and creates a true team environment. I agree that for those who are in need of management and aren't quick learners, it might not be the place for them.

- I cannot speak more highly of the people I get to work with everyday. I am surrounded by a group of intelligent, ambitious, funny and immensely hardworking individuals that I genuinely love and respect. I couldn't wish for a greater working environment.

- The products are incredible! I really believe in the ethos of the company - the total transparency and desire to bring truly groundbreaking products to regular people at affordable prices . You also get 70% discount for yourself, friends and family, which is unheard of.

- I have to travel regularly for the company and they always ensure that where I stay is of a high standard, I choose flight times that are convenient, not necessarily the cheapest, and they are always keen to ensure TOIL is taken.

Cons

- Due to the speed to which DECIEM has grown, the company have been under significant pressure to hire a vast amount of people and quickly. This has resulted in a number of people being hired who they have soon realised aren't suitable for the role/ company etc. and have let them go. Although this may appear unkind, it's an unfortunate part of the equation. I believe that everyone they have let go they have had fair reason for doing so.

- A lot of the employee benefits/ policies are statutory no matter how long you have been at the company for.

Advice to Management

- I don't have advice as I think every decision or movement made is with the best of intentions. The company has experienced insane growth so not every decision that has been made along the way will have been the best one, but I know that goodness is at the very core of the company. There really is a family culture at the heart of DECIEM and never a dull moment! Thank goodness!

"SALES ASSISTANT"

Former Employee - Sales Assistant in Covent Garden, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Sales Assistant in Covent Garden, England (UK)

I worked at DECIEM (More than a year)

Pros

Discounts were amazing and the products are fantastic

Cons

None, I loved working there

Advice to Management

No advice, they were brilliant.

8. "Ignore Negative Reviews"

Current Employee - Retail Store Ambassador
    Current Employee - Retail Store Ambassador

I have been working at DECIEM full-time

Pros

Fun, friendly co-workers
    Positive work environment
    Great selection of products
    70% discount

Cons

Not many cons but a change in playlist from time to time would be nice

"A couple bad apples..."

Current Employee - Corporate Office in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Corporate Office in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at DECIEM full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

there are many happy employees within this company, and nobody i talk to is ever unhappy with working here or has any interest in seeking employment elsewhere

Cons

because it’s proudly an abnormal beauty company, HR has hired a few people who have no place in a professional environment, and when it is found out just how unfit they are, they get fired, and then they lose their minds. Did you know this site lets one person write multiple reviews? One person can do a lot of damage. My friends ask me all the time if the bad rumors are true, and no they aren’t.

Advice to Management

Hire people who belong here, not just people who are renegades and rebels. Some people need to be dependable and stable, not everyone can be a maverick. We need a bit more predictability to feel safe and secure, it helps us work better.

10. "These reviews are hilarious"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at DECIEM (Less than a year)

Pros

+ BT
    + Products
    + Team / Friendships <3
    + Transparency
    + Mobility

Cons

+ A little dis-organized
    + Moving very fast

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing and ignore the haters ;)