DEFENDERS Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

Rating Trends Rating Trends
DEFENDERS President & CEO Jim Boyce
Jim Boyce

Pros
  • I started off doing badly but with the help of my manager I turned it around and was able to make good money and learn some new selling techniques (in 21 reviews)

• Great pay if you work hard and smart (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • And they bait and switch their customers (in 21 reviews)

• On call almost every day makes it a hard work life balance (in 21 reviews)

"It has changed my life!"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at DEFENDERS (More than 3 years)

Pros

The work is extremely meaningful. I feel like what I do actually makes a difference in the world and in the lives of the people I talk to everyday. Also the company really cares about the development of their people personally and professionally.

Cons

The time can be demanding but you are paid extremely well for it.

"Best job ever"

Pros

Great atmosphere. warm and friendly environment with the potential to grow. Can't think of anywhere else I would rather work

Cons

Long training processe long hours (but worth it) for some one with previous experience and no way to stream line it

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work I like every thing about the company so far especially the benefits and the atmosphere

Feb 14, 2017 – Leadership and Development

Thank you. It is nice to hear the positive feedback about DEFENDERS benefits and the atmosphere.

3. "Good with the bad"

Current Employee - Security Advisor in Lubbock, TX
    Current Employee - Security Advisor in Lubbock, TX

I have been working at DEFENDERS full-time

Pros

pay traveling culture benefits comission

Cons

high pressured sales work life balance sales life

Advice to Management

none

"Great Benefits"

Pros

Great benefits, hands-on training, awesome accommodations, great orientation and training program, great ride along time spent with top SA in branch.

Cons

Will be long hours from time to time away from family, all branches do not provide company vehicles and limited tools supplied to do your job

"Great Experience"

Pros

Great support team at my Branch from everyone!... One Focus, One Goal, and that is to prevent bad things from happening to good people! Meet different people from all aspects of life.

Cons

There aren't any downsides...I plan to make every experience the best. I will set forth my best work ethic with each experience.

"Defenders Review"

Pros

This company gives a comfortable work environment and plenty of resources for personal growth inside and outside scheduled work hours.

Cons

There aren't many negative aspects to working here at Defenders aside from occasional under staffing, which in turn results in others having to cover separate departments.

Advice to Management

The management here attempts to give a lot of support and one on one interaction which is fantastic but can be lacking at times.

Feb 14, 2017 – Leadership and Development

We are extremely grateful for your review. At DEFENDERS we are called to grow and inspire leaders who love and serve people. Please do not hesitate to share with your supervisor or L&D how we can ... More

"Limitless Income"

Pros

You do not always work 40 hours a week, but can still make $2,000 every week.

Cons

It's a sales job, paychecks are a roller coaster.

Feb 14, 2017 – Leadership and Development

Thank you! It looks like you are a Competitive Winner. This is something we look for in our team. In fact, DEFENDERS Core Value #2 is Competitive Winners.

"Facts"

Pros

Love how everyone works together on everything they do together as a team. It is a Great company to work for!

Cons

The Downside to this job is that you have to sell in order to make more than minimum waige which is less than $8 an hour.

Advice to Management

Keep Up the great work on letting each employee know how well they are doing weekly and keeping them informed.

Feb 14, 2017 – Leadership and Development

Thanks for sharing the love! DEFENDERS Core Value #1 is Growth Oriented Learners. We look for this in our team members because we want them to be able to grow and succeed. Being a Growth Oriented ... More

"Excellent"

Pros

We are helping to protect families. defenders promotes with in, and also provides training to grow toward leadership positions .

Cons

Negative attitude from coworkers can be contagious throughout the branch. Rate of pay during training period could be greater .

Advice to Management

I would avise the managers on anything and all that has gone wrong with the installation or process in general.

Feb 6, 2017 – Leadership and Development

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We will be sure to share your review with management.

"Manager"

Pros

Focus on leadership, development, and team building. They really care about the people who work here and want to help us be successful at work and at home.

Cons

I don't think Defenders is for everyone. The company is very focused on achievement. If someone wants to just coast this isn't the place for them.

Advice to Management

My biggest feedback would be to ensure that home automation becomes a greater piece of our product offering. The industry is going that way and ADT just announced that they are going to work with Amazon Alexa. This is the future and we need to be part of it.

Feb 6, 2017 – Leadership and Development

Leadership is key at DEFENDERS. We are called to grow and inspire leaders who love and serve people. As we make sure bad things don’t happen to good people, we are paying close attention to home ... More