DEFENDERS Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
DEFENDERS President & CEO Jim Boyce
Jim Boyce

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Can make good money from time to time (in 24 reviews)

• Great pay if you work hard and smart (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • The downside that I see so far is your work life balance is poor (in 31 reviews)

• You do nothing than bait and switch (in 22 reviews)

1. "The best ever experience"

Current Employee - Security Advisor in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Security Advisor in Houston, TX

I have been working at DEFENDERS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Defender is the best company I ever work at. The teaching from my Karlton, Dave teach the best in Indiana, they help me understand the wiring and programming. My Branch Manager TY Simon is the best branch Manager I ever had, he a very nice guy an help build my confidence in programming the system like Karlton and Dave.

Cons

Make sure when new hires go to Indiana the hotel have food instead of snacks not just salad and crackers. Make sure that the front office at Homewood suites the staff is nice and nasty towards people that is a different race from them.

Advice to Management

Make sure the hotel driver arrive to pick you up on time when leaving the Kroger grocery store.

2. "Better than previous 6 companies combined!"

I have been working at DEFENDERS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been in the security industry for about 5 years now. I have managed over 30+ employees at one time, and personally trained every single one. Going from door to door, to my new position as Security Advisor has been a night and day difference. Everything from the Defenders culture, how the sales are done, the training provided, the guidance from mangers/regionals/and up, and anything else I could imagine- have all been amazing. Defenders has been better than all 6 of my previous security employers combined. I would recommend any position available to anyone- including family. I have never enjoyed a job this much!

Cons

Well, I don't have anything more to say for this company, So far this is the best and my co emplyee are like family to me.. Thank you Defenders!

Advice to Management

More oversight on what phone Rep's are saying to the customers. Occasionally the customer has either misunderstood or been misinformed. Avoiding these possible confrontations

"My overall view of the company would be good"

Current Employee - Security Advisor in Charlotte, AR
    Current Employee - Security Advisor in Charlotte, AR

I have been working at DEFENDERS full-time

Pros

Defenders is a company that is willing to invest in their employees before you make any contributions as an employee. As a new employee, thih makes me want to do all that I can to be a valued employee.

Cons

The downside that I see so far is your work life balance is poor. They need to offer half days or floating holidays.

Advice to Management

My advice to management would be to make sure that the training is not rushed. The 11 step process is proven to work. Make sure your new SA's can effectively use the process.

4. "AMAZING COMPANY AND PEOPLE!"

Current Employee - Sales in Newport, KY
    Current Employee - Sales in Newport, KY

I have been working at DEFENDERS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

fantastic environment, amazing people! Pay in more than fair and co-workers are so supportive. Training was well thought out and the trainer, Donny, was AWESOME!

Cons

working weekends when everyone else at home isn't kinda sucks right now, but I'm hoping to prove myself and eventually get to a different schedule.

Advice to Management

keep it going, your culture is so positive and uplifting, making everyone feel like their contribution is making it a success is key to that success!

5. "Genuine company"

Current Employee - Security Advisor in Baton Rouge, LA
    Current Employee - Security Advisor in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at DEFENDERS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You have the opportunity to make an impact and difference in someone life daily. We do great work in the community. Great company and teamwork. Management was good and thorough. Very cordial and great energy.

Cons

Hotel dinners needs improvement. That's not in our control and im grateful for a free meal. Cannot call customer to confirm appointment. On my ride along we had an 3pm appointment. We finished our am appt at 12:30 and drove an hour and half away. Sat there 45 minutes when the customer arrived she stated she canceled the appointment at 8:30 am. When my coworker logged back in the job was canceled 7 min prior.

6. "comments that keep giving"

Current Employee - Collections in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Collections in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at DEFENDERS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The amount of giving back to not only the employees but to the community. It's wonderful to know that I work for a company who thinks about their employees and the community in which their business is located.

Cons

I'm pretty new, so I am not sure what a con would be. I haven't had any issues as of yet.

7. "Generous and Caring Company to work for"

Current Employee - Security Advisor in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at DEFENDERS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Caring, generous, and helpful employees that take the time to train and teach each individual. Everything about the company is new and exciting, and shows that the company truly cares about the employees.

Cons

Flying out to Indianapolis for a week. I understand its necessary, but its a pain to travel for a week without friends/family.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! Going above and beyond to treat your employees with respect and generosity goes a long way.

8. "Security Advisor Position"

Former Employee - Security Advisor in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Security Advisor in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at DEFENDERS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is great, that's about it

Cons

Long hours, a ton of driving, terrible interoffice communication, set up for failure even if you happen to the best in your area

9. "Account Manager"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at DEFENDERS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun environment with like minded individuals

Cons

Driving long distances and lack of a set schedule

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing an improvement will come in due time

DEFENDERS Response

Nov 1, 2017 – Leadership and Development

Thanks for sharing Boston. We appreciate you and wish you all the best in everything you do.

10. "build a career at defenders"

Current Employee - Sales in Newport News, VA
    Current Employee - Sales in Newport News, VA

I have been working at DEFENDERS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Defenders seems to be a positive environment. Defenders seems to genuinely care about encouraging the employees to have success in life as well as in a career. They provide plenty of continued training to support productivity.

Cons

The only downside I can disclose at this time is that because I am in training still my call volume is low and I am obviously not able to close as many sales this way.

Advice to Management

Change the fact that a customer cannot reach us directly to them being able to contact through the 1-800 number given on the flyer created so that sales person still gets credit of sale.