DENSO Reviews | Glassdoor

DENSO President and CEO Nobuaki Katoh
Nobuaki Katoh

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • No Work-life balance, no efficiency (in 10 reviews)

• Poor Compensation, Strict working environment, strict time in, strict management, no work life balance (in 4 reviews)

1. "Run Just run"

Current Employee - Production in Maryville, TN
    Current Employee - Production in Maryville, TN

I have been working at DENSO full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay is alright and lots of area discounts, other than that maybe some growth? Depends on your department. Free company gym. I am only here because I don't have a way to get to any other job,

Cons

Oh god... Where to start...
    Over time, on a good year expect 1000 a year, that's an extra 20 hours a week almost garuteed.
    Management. Never have I seen so many snakes, will lie to your face like its nothing.
    Many are actually insane. I have been yelled at for doing exactly what my manager told me to do.
    Don't expect any system to work. The idea system is supposed to give money to employees who save the company substancial money. I havebeen waiting 4 and 5 years.
    We hire legitimate mentally deficient people, the underachievers paradise. Our engineers do frequently like to mess up the machines, or take them away and give them back completely broken. Like its been almost a year since their last project began and we still can't turn the robot on.
    Overtime is forced doe, your throat. Pay take 6 years to top out. Expect to be harassed on a daily basis, ive seen stabing frequently and sensor acts like its nothing. Expect no training or help unless it on fire or causing scrap. All lower management are pansies, it took them 4 years to get rid of someone who fell asleep every day then would wake up and leave work for 2 hours and come back just to clock out.

Advice to Management

Stop everything you are doing and do a 180.
    Stick to your word, act like people matter.
    Promote off of merit not personal preference and legacy.

"Not the company it once was"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Murrieta, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Murrieta, CA

I worked at DENSO full-time

Pros

Some very nice and dedicated people.

Cons

Micromanagement, employees are publically ridiculed and embarrassed by senior management, very low pay in the factory, little recognition for good work, unreasonable expectations, massive bureaucracy.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with a lot more respect, spend more time listening to the workers and realize that you will never succeed without their support.

"Was great when I started. Slowly got worse."

Current Employee - Group Leader in Greenback, TN
    Current Employee - Group Leader in Greenback, TN

I have been working at DENSO (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay and benefits are competitive.

Cons

OT is ridiculous. We get off every other Sunday. We worked through Fathers Day and 4th of July.

"Emploees run the place"

Former Contractor - Needle Inspector in Athens, TN
    Former Contractor - Needle Inspector in Athens, TN

I worked at DENSO as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

It was a real easy job inspecting needles

Cons

If you used to work with other people there and they have any reason to not like you, they peep through the curtain at you, make fun of you then they try to talk to you. I made a complaint but nothing ever become of it.

Advice to Management

What happened to no harassment, I left because my husband was working in the other building.

"So unsafe and horrible team leaders,forced overtime"

Current Employee - Assembler in Hopkinsville, KY
    Current Employee - Assembler in Hopkinsville, KY

Pros

Lunch 30 minutes but your docked for it!

Cons

Overworked, turn over is everyday, only care about numbers nothing else, unsafe faulty equipment and tools

Advice to Management

Come on to the floor and really look at what's going on and talk to people and listen not at them,injury numbers and turn over will only get worse, no respect

6. "Application Engineer II"

Current Employee - Applications Engineer II in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Applications Engineer II in Southfield, MI

I have been working at DENSO full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The work life balance at DIAM Southfield is exceptional. This is a great company to start at straight out of college.

Cons

Application engineers at DIAM are simply liaisons that just pass information to the OEMs. The pay is low, furthering your education is not acknowledged, and there is not much room for advancement. Expat assignments are encouraged, but have very little rewards. .

Advice to Management

To keep talent at DIAM the average pay must increase. 3% raise per year should be bare minimum (assuming the engineers performance is average). 3% covers inflation. Anything more than 3% is a bonus.

"Management has the right to MISMANAGE anyway they see fit and they are doing a heck of a job!!!"

Pros

Good people in skilled trades.......Used to be more before they were ran out.

Cons

The previous person is out of touch. They do not value their employees. There are many opportunities but only if you are willing to suck your way there. People are overworked because management abuses them until they finally quit and that leaves less people to do the job. I have been involved in making improvements but got in trouble for doing so.

Advice to Management

How's the new Hyundai business working out for us? Perfect example of MISMANAGEMENT!!!!
    Instead of missing trucks we are missing planes!!!!
    Way to start out new business with a new customer. Try to get our foot in the door for new business and mismanagement blows the foot off!!!!
    Management has nobody to blame but themselves.
    For advice. How about we focus on getting a new product around before it goes mass instead of after the fact!!!!!!!

"STAY AWAY!!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

I worked at DENSO full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ummmm......whenever I think of one I will add a second review

Cons

Condescending managers that create a hostile work environment, whenever a complaint is made to HR, nothing is done about it. Not to mention the sexual harassment and nepotism. The company file on the "troublemakers" is ridiculous but, no action is taken. Whenever an issue occurs you will get a different answer 125% of the time! There is so much drama and there is an apparent lack of resources to do your job.

Advice to Management

Stop enabling the problem(s) and eliminate them!

"Management is a Nightmare"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maryville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maryville, TN

I have been working at DENSO full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

They employed me full time.

Cons

Redneck management (including females). Management that has been there too long should and that is dead weight should be retired. Treat hourly employees poorly. Technical knowledge is poor. Culture is one of 1972. Managers and section leaders talk about other managers and their chain of command poorly. This is NOT a progressive company.

Advice to Management

Retire if you a dead weight. Don't bad mouth your chain of command (your boss) to your direct reports.

"Terrible skilled trades management low morale too much overtime"

Current Employee - Matenance in Battle Creek, MI
    Current Employee - Matenance in Battle Creek, MI

I have been working at DENSO full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Make good money no layoffs

Cons

Skilled trades management is terrible one of them shut some guys in a furnace and they promoted him the morale is really bad the company has taken away so much from the workers. They want to write people up so they can show there power this is a terrible way to deal with people

Advice to Management

Get the floor maintenance management out of the building and get somebody that knows what is going on in there that is why people are leaving