DENSO Reviews | Glassdoor

DENSO President and CEO Nobuaki Katoh
Nobuaki Katoh

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

1. "Good overall. extra three words"

Current Employee - Process Engineer in Athens, TN
    Current Employee - Process Engineer in Athens, TN

I have been working at DENSO full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits
    Decent work expectancy (work life balance)
    Helpful coworkers

Cons

Management needs some work
    Location in the middle of nowhere

Advice to Management

Manage people more. Need to get on people for not doing their jobs

2. "good place to grow"

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Long Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Data Analyst in Long Beach, CA

I have been working at DENSO (Less than a year)

Pros

great coworkers and management. very collaborative environment

Cons

very corporate, not a lot of freedom

3. "Great company"

Former Contractor - Maintenance Technician in Maryville, TN
    Former Contractor - Maintenance Technician in Maryville, TN

I worked at DENSO as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Reliable,
    Competent,
    Strong,
    Good benefits,
    Great training programs,
    Great incentives.

Cons

Senior Management without character,
    Awful communication,
    Disregard for employees life/ work balance,
    Buddy system prevails.

Advice to Management

Perhaps is time to bring Japanese CEOs and managements back? Every single one of associates I've talked to about the company told me that the company went down the hole as soon as nationals toke administrative positions. Perhaps you should go back to the principle that your employees are the base of your success and should be treated with the same professionalism and respect that the company receives?

4. "Benefits/ Work life Balance"

Former Employee - Associate in Battle Creek, MI
    Former Employee - Associate in Battle Creek, MI

Pros

ASMI offers excellent fringe benefits such as comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance through BCBC. Personal time off is accrued based on hours worked. Also the amount accrued each hour increases the longer you work for the organization. There are numerous paid holidays each year. They offer tuition reimbursement as well for any degree of your choice without a contractual agreement to stay with the company after your education. It is a great company.

Cons

The wages paid are slightly lower than the industry average. However, the fringe benefits make up the difference if you do the math.

Advice to Management

Promote from within more than you currently do. Look at the skills acquired by employees taking advantage of a higher education and use that assessment to put them in a position that is mutually beneficial.

5. "Test technician"

Former Contractor - Test Technician in Southfield, MI
    Former Contractor - Test Technician in Southfield, MI

I worked at DENSO as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Great corporate structure as a whole,mostly friendly atmosphere that promotes teamwork,well funded departments that promotes a High level of innovation and development of technology.There are many brilliant and well rounded engineers

Cons

There is a detachment between upper/mid management and workers.A lack of over site and personal biasing by some of the management in some departments pertaining to employee abilities or qualifications.Some of the management seem more concern about employees standing out rather than doing an outstanding job.

Advice to Management

Communicate with your teams more openly as a whole,keep better track of what your teams are doing on an individual level

6. "Design Engineer"

Former Employee - Design Engineer in Southfield, MI
    Former Employee - Design Engineer in Southfield, MI

I worked at DENSO full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company treats their employees very well. Benifits are good. Pay is competive. Denso offers a lunch option on campus that I am sure is supplemented by Denso. Training is very important to the Company. I liked alot of things there and can see the growth path for the normal disciplines of engineering. (Mechanical electrical, software). If you are in one of these disciplines you will experience career growth and may never want to leave as Denso doesn't layoff people....even during the recession.

Cons

I left off patents, not sure why. I also found that management doesn't see the value in specialist. I was hired to do a special task. I was told by my manager , after I was there and preforming well, that the only way to advance in wage is to become a "project manager". Also was told to train people to do my tasks. This was ok with me but no one was really interested and people slept during training classes. I also found Japan to be hard to work with.
    Alot of my problems are most likily related to the position I was in at Denso.

Advice to Management

As the products become more high tech the model of everyone doing everything will cause problems. Start to develop specified groups like thermal, optics, materials, and testing.

7. "Apprentice Engineer II"

Current Employee - Apprentice Engineer II in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Apprentice Engineer II in Southfield, MI

I have been working at DENSO part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good people, multicultural, progressive, job security, most co-op positions seem to offer a lot of growth

Cons

A few bad apples, job security is taken advantage of by bad apples. A few questionable managers . Witnessed the group I was part of have 4 out of 5 individuals leave over the course of 1.5 years, in part due to poor management. Hours can be long. Flex time (core hours of 10-3 allow you to come in later or leave earlier. Still have to get your work done)

Advice to Management

Remove the bad apples, no point in keeping people that will just lead to others leaving.

8. "DMMI Intern Review"

Former Intern - Production Engineering Co-op in Battle Creek, MI
    Former Intern - Production Engineering Co-op in Battle Creek, MI

I worked at DENSO as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Denso has fair pay and there was plenty to do. Good mix of office work and floor work. You could directly see the process improvements being implemented.

Cons

It was difficult to go through a design process. Inefficiencies in communication between product design, safety, and manufacturing engineers.

Advice to Management

Creating a more streamlined design process would be helpful!

9. "Nice company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

Pros

Good work and good management.

Cons

If it ain't broke don't fix it. Some of the process have not changed in 20 years.

10. "Quality Engineer"

Current Employee - Quality Engineer in Dublin, OH
    Current Employee - Quality Engineer in Dublin, OH

Pros

The atmosphere allows you to work around your school schedule and they genuinely want you to succeed.

Cons

Work load during school can get very busy. Some days you can not have much to do and work on monotonous tasks around the office.

Advice to Management

Give more responsibility to interns in the summer. Work more on integrating multiple divisions together in order to achieve your goals.