DENSO Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated July 16, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

1. "Apprentice Engineer II"

Current Employee - Apprentice Engineer II in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Apprentice Engineer II in Southfield, MI

I have been working at DENSO part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good people, multicultural, progressive, job security, most co-op positions seem to offer a lot of growth

Cons

A few bad apples, job security is taken advantage of by bad apples. A few questionable managers . Witnessed the group I was part of have 4 out of 5 individuals leave over the course of 1.5 years, in part due to poor management. Hours can be long. Flex time (core hours of 10-3 allow you to come in later or leave earlier. Still have to get your work done)

Advice to Management

Remove the bad apples, no point in keeping people that will just lead to others leaving.

"Application Engineer"

Current Employee - Applications Engineer in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Applications Engineer in Southfield, MI

I have been working at DENSO full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to work for. Starting with 20 days off per year!. Pay is great too, and the company takes good care of employees

Cons

nothing I can think of, really. I love my job, and would believe that every other company will require the same from engineers. Out of the 5 engineering jobs I had, this is the best one.

"Overtime!"

Current Employee - Production Associate in Battle Creek, MI
    Current Employee - Production Associate in Battle Creek, MI

I have been working at DENSO full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

If you want overtime you got it! They have a rec center

Cons

If you expect a fair pay raise wrong company been there 22 years and have approximately $2.00 pay raise after they made us start paying for our insurance. Right now we are looking to try to get a union in the shop..avoid this place if you want a great job!

Advice to Management

Actually respect your associates and take their input to heart instead of ramming changes down our throats then making more changes when the first fails!!

4. "Large Automotive supplier"

Former Employee - Final Assembly Process Engineer in Battle Creek, MI
    Former Employee - Final Assembly Process Engineer in Battle Creek, MI

I worked at DENSO (More than 3 years)

Pros

They try to take good care of their employees, and were working very hard to reduce OT load when I left. Most departments within DMMI have fairly open channels for feedback to management. Great people working there.

Cons

A lot of decisions, ranging from how to run the company to what software you're allowed to have on your computer, to what process will be used to actually build are products, are handed down from global HQ in Japan, often with literally no input from DMMI. Big wall between DMMI and any support areas that are not also based on site. Workload is really high too, but that's all of automotive right now and management is aware and trying to fix that. Culturally "stuck" in kind of the 1950's, which doesn't always work well if you're not a white (or Japanese) male.

Advice to Management

Stand up for your people: we get pushed around a lot when suppliers, designers, etc. (WHQ), set all of the terms of a transaction and makes it hard to do our job effeciently and right the first time.

5. "Nice company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

Pros

Good work and good management.

Cons

If it ain't broke don't fix it. Some of the process have not changed in 20 years.

6. "Always Listen"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, IA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, IA

I worked at DENSO full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Denso has a great package when it comes to time off and insurance.with that said it has a relaxing Atmosphere,i guess it depends where they put you at in the company..

Cons

Denso has made change's threw the year,to many rules and of course bad management when it comes to selecting the right person for the job.I think when someone has work for a company over many years, they think they can do what they want and treat you how they like,

Advice to Management

Make sure when you select some one for upper management you select a qualify individual person that understand the meaning of management..

7. "Quality Engineer"

Current Employee - Quality Engineer in Dublin, OH
    Current Employee - Quality Engineer in Dublin, OH

Pros

The atmosphere allows you to work around your school schedule and they genuinely want you to succeed.

Cons

Work load during school can get very busy. Some days you can not have much to do and work on monotonous tasks around the office.

Advice to Management

Give more responsibility to interns in the summer. Work more on integrating multiple divisions together in order to achieve your goals.

8. "Good place to work for office workers"

Current Employee - Process Engineer in Battle Creek, MI
    Current Employee - Process Engineer in Battle Creek, MI

I have been working at DENSO (More than 10 years)

Pros

Producer of high quality automotive components. Many opportunities to learn manufacturing process. Good reputation and compensation for office professionals with flexible schedule. No history of mass layoffs.

Cons

Mismanagement, many conflict of interests between internal departments. Unclear roles and responsibilities. Too much reactive instead of proactive. Bad work-life balance for plant workers.

Advice to Management

Listen more to what associates have to say. Provide appropriate resources for associates to be more productive. Stop 7 days/week schedule for production team.

9. "Purchasing assistant"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Battle Creek, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Battle Creek, MI

I have been working at DENSO (Less than a year)

Pros

I really enjoy the development they want to put into their employees, they want you to be an employee for life and add a lot benefits once you give them a fair amount of your career, lots of vacation time for a tenured employee.

Cons

The Japanese culture in the work environment can be a bit much for some times and having to relay on Japanese suppliers often can add long lead times which look bad for the buyers.

Advice to Management

Hire more college grades and make battle creek look more appealing.

10. "Denso review Overall everything that involves the company"

Current Employee - Proficient Associate in Springfield, MI
    Current Employee - Proficient Associate in Springfield, MI

I have been working at DENSO part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Healthy work environment for assocociates to produce products for numurious companys

Cons

No room to advance up in the company

Advice to Management

Assist associates better