DFW International Airport Reviews

Found 233 of over 246 reviews

3.5
DFW International Airport Chief Executive Officer Sean Donohue
Sean Donohue
Pros
  • "Good benefits and work life balance(in 14 reviews)

• "Good benefits, stable workplace, very chill(in 13 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Its a dog eat dog environment with little to no support from management or Human Resources(in 15 reviews)

• "Very old style work environment, most are very stuck in their ways(in 10 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of DFW International Airport and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0

Awesome

Jun 11, 2021 - Airport Security Officer- Department of Public Safety
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits are offered here

Cons

No cons from my experience

Talent Acquisition Manager

We’re so happy to hear your awesome experience with us – thank you for all you do in helping us stay safe and also providing a safe place for our customers!

2. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Super Awesome Company, Horrible Office Management (Access DFW/Badging Office)

Jun 14, 2021 - Trusted Agent in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

DFW Airport offers great benefits and opportunities. They believe in having a diverse workforce and support inclusivity as well. Lots of learning opportunities.

Cons

Being a Trusted Agent at this airport is terrible. The Access DFW Office management are constantly changing their policies and procedures. Supervisors and other members of management are not on the same page with the policies and often give conflicting information. This office bends over for American Airlines to accommodate their employees even though the airport is not supposed to be partial to anyone airline. Most members of management are not college educated and frequently pull ideas out of their butts. Management often appropriates employees for tasks even if the lobby is full of people and the wait times are terrible. In the last few months, over five employees have quit or transferred; the most recent new employee lasting only a week before quitting from the BS. Though the position pays well, I would not recommend for anyone to apply. No flight benefits. Oh yeah, and they like to change the schedule up every so often to make it difficult on the employees. Be prepared to show a doctors note even if you sneeze!!!

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you so much for sharing your honest feedback – it’s very important to us! We will share this information with other parties so that we can work to address them. We appreciate your contribution to our workforce and hope you continue to take advantage of the benefits and learning opportunities we offer. If you have any additional feedback that you would like to share with us in confidentiality, please reach out directly at 972-973-1101.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Excellent Tech Company

May 20, 2021 - Assistant Vice President in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

*Executive leaders are transparent about company direction. I feel like I’m contributing towards a winning team. *The work is fulfilling. I enjoy what I do, and I’m given the space I need to be successful. *The culture for my team is superb. *The ERG’s are well supported. The company culture overall is inclusive and diverse, and welcoming to all. *the company cares about training. It is constantly being offered. *The company is forward-thinking, diverse, and innovative. *From a technology perspective, we are all about high technology and we are using tech to transform travel.

Cons

*Demanding environment, but they are currently hiring more people.

4. 3.0

Needs new blood

May 22, 2021 - Senior Emergency Manager in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay, good benefits, modern work spaces, a few thought leaders

Cons

The worst HR ever. From hiring to firing and everything in between they have zero accountability or care for the employee. If you work here and there is a problem then the first one to HR wins. They take the accusers word and will completely ignore hard evidence and even violate their own policies without blinking an eye. To them you are an easily replaceable cog in the machine.

Talent Acquisition Manager

We appreciate you taking the time to provide honest feedback. We are particularly sorry to hear of your feedback on our HR team and can assure you that your comments will be reviewed and acted on by HR leadership. We take your feedback seriously and will share this information with other parties so that we can work to address them. If you have any additional feedback that you would like to share with us in confidentiality, please reach out directly at 972-973-1101.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Thankful to work at an organization cares for its employees

Apr 12, 2021 - Project Manager in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fast paced environment that is innovative in solving problems. Good coworkers and teamwork within departments. Great diversity and inclusion. DFW truly cares for it’s employees.

Cons

Leadership should seek to improve communication gaps from the senior level to middle management / project team leaders for better alignment. Not a lot of promotion opportunities come by, but when they do, they try to promote within to retain talent.

Talent Acquisition Manager

We’re very proud of our employees and do our best to show we care, it’s always good to see how this transcends throughout our organization. We expect that we'll receive additional support for the suggestions you listed from the revised strategic plan when it is introduced. Thank you for your contribution and sharing your feedback – it’s important to us to hear from you so we can continue to grow together.

6. 5.0

Great company

May 20, 2021 - Parking Assistant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible, great management, great work environment

Cons

It’s hard to move up.

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for the work you do as a Parking Assistant. Our customers would be lost without you! It is our aim to create an environment that provides flexibility as well as internal mobility. Because we're a relatively small organization, we don't always have the number of opportunities to move up as employees would like. If you haven't already done so, preparing yourself well for the opportunity you might want so that you're ready when the opportunities present themselves will greatly enhance your chances. As we continue to recover and move forward from the pandemic, our hope is to continue to provide opportunities for employees to grow internally. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us!

7. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

HR does not support employees

Feb 27, 2021 - Customer Experience in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

I need a job and have a job I have a paycheck I have benefits I have coworkers who understand this and feel the same

Cons

I dislike here but have no options as I can’t leave and get the same at another place and it makes you trapped I have many friends and coworkers who feel the same but they are afraid to say anything and then it makes it hard to work with them as we all want change but some try and others are afraid I have no support from this places management or HR I have no way to have a real say just a fake say in engagement surveys that change nothing I have no support from HR They are supposed to represent all but they only represent management level executive level or up and the company No support from HR and fear of retaliation they will always side with the higher levels They make bad hire decisions and overlook good candidates for promotion based on management personal likes dislikes HR are corrupt and will not support you HR respond to alot of posts on here saying come speak to us with your concerns but they are not honest so do not trust when they say that

3 people found this review helpful

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your honest feedback. You raise significant concerns and we would like to give you the resources to reach out to our Employee Relations and HR Consultant teams whose mission is to support all employees and address concerns but from your comments, this doesn’t sound like an avenue you would be interested in taking. If there is anything we can do to address or remediate at some point in the future, I hope that you will reach back out.

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good company

May 5, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay nice benefits and culture

Cons

None so far, I like everything

Talent Acquisition Manager

We can’t thank you enough for your kind words about working at DFW Airport. We’re glad you’re part of our team and looking forward to continuing to grow together!

9. 4.0

Good Place Work

Apr 27, 2021 - Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good job security and great benefits

Cons

Difficult to advance in career

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for sharing – we’re glad you’re part of our team! We strive to provide our employees job security and great benefits especially during trying times of walking through a global pandemic. We also enjoy providing employees with stellar training opportunities for career advancement. DFW's Human Resources is currently working on several options to increase mentorship for all employees which, we believe, will add to the opportunities that will be available to you. Our hope is that you continue to grow with us – we appreciate your feedback!

10. 3.0

Great Place

May 21, 2021 - Senior Business Analyst in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits are excellent and work life balance

Cons

No growth in key positions

Talent Acquisition Manager

We really appreciate receiving your feedback! Being able to provide such great benefits and work life balance for our employees continues to set us apart from other organizations. Such perks are greatly enjoyed by our employees and attribute to the longevity of their careers with us. We also provide top-notch training opportunities to prepare employees for future roles, please be sure to jump into the LearningHub for a list of training options that may be of interest for you as well as help provide you with the needed skills to advance.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 233 Reviews