DFW International Airport Reviews

Updated Jun 29, 2020

2.7
DFW International Airport Chief Executive Officer Sean Donohue
Sean Donohue
Pros
  • "Everyone respects the work life balance(in 12 reviews)

• "Excellent place to work, great benefits, and provides a wonderful work life balance(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "Its a dog eat dog environment with little to no support from management or Human Resources(in 15 reviews)

• "Very old style work environment, most are very stuck in their ways(in 10 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Place to Work!!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at DFW International Airport full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have really enjoyed my time at DFW Airport since I joined a few years ago. There is a good work and life balance, and it seems like a very stable work environment. I worked in a large Hospital system before joining the Airport, and we have better medical coverage and at much lower cost here. The benefits are amazing. Top priorities for management are health and wellness, as well as diversity and inclusion. The Airport offers incentives to employees to improve health and wellness outcomes. The workforce is very diverse. I personally feel included and respected here, and like a valued member of this organization.

Cons

Being a public entity, there is a lot red tape. One must learn to navigate through a well-defined hierarchy of approvals. Some departments still operate in silos. Management is aware of these challenges and I believe they are taking the steps to improve in these areas.

February 12, 2020Talent Acquisition Manager

We are so happy to hear that you enjoy the work life balance, stability and benefits that the airport provides. We work hard to be one of the region’s top employers and these efforts are a part of that plan. We also appreciate you highlighting some of the areas such as silos that we can continue to work on. Thank you for your continued part in helping us Transform Travel!

2. "Customer Experience"

5.0
    Current Employee - Airport Customer Experience Specialist in Dallas, TX

I have been working at DFW International Airport full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

This is the most wanted department. Very exciting department to work for. Employee engagement is something they are very important to the managers

Cons

nothing i can think i can think of

June 12, 2020Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for reaching out to share your thoughts from within the Customer Experience department. We are delighted to hear that you are excited about your work and we agree that getting to serve our customers and connect them with the world is one of our favorite parts of our business. We appreciate your continued service and look forward to transforming travel alongside you!

3. "60/40"

Former Employee - Airport Operations Communications Specialist

I worked at DFW International Airport full-time for more than a year

Pros

You can leave the job at the door... As long staffing is adequate and you're not called back in. The people are wonderful on a personal level.

Cons

There are too many middle managers.

July 1, 2020Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, we are glad that you were able to find balance with your work and build relationships with colleagues. We have to agree that we think our people our pretty wonderful too.

4. "Great work life balance"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Dallas, TX

Pros

Great work life balance. Multiple ERGs. New Management wants to innovate and improve efficiencies. Livewell facility and clinic, health programs etc. are very good.

Cons

Growth opportunities are very limited.

July 1, 2020Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for reaching out to share your experience with us, we are very proud of our Employee Resource Groups and are still celebrating the launch of our newest group, PRIDE. We recognize that employees are our greatest asset so we prioritize programs like those that you mentioned and work to build fulfilling career paths for all DFW Airport Employees, although, we appreciate you raising it as an area that could use continued focus.

"Dispatch Lead"

I worked at DFW International Airport full-time for more than a year

Pros

Easy work life, that’s about it

Cons

Upper management Is a pain

April 29, 2020Talent Acquisition Manager

One of our goals is to provide work-life balance for our employees and we are glad that you experienced that during your time of employment with us. Like all organizations, we are evolving—our leaders and employees alike. Your comment reminds us that we have opportunities yet before us. Thank you for reaching out and for spending a year Transforming Travel with us. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

"ASD Officer/Security Guard"

Former Employee - Security Officer

I worked at DFW International Airport full-time

Pros

The pay is great, insurance is great, co workers make the day go by and a joy to work with.

Cons

Management is terrible! Supervisors are a joke with an exception of a few. Thanos is a complete idiot. As a retired guy, I don’t understand how this place runs. And with a return on investment of 2-3 % per year, why? You can return 5-10%+ elsewhere.

May 26, 2020Talent Acquisition Manager

We appreciate you taking the time to provide honest feedback and are sorry to hear that your time with us was short and left you with concerns. We take your feedback seriously and will share this information with the related parties so that we can work to address them. If you have any additional feedback that you would like to share with us in confidentiality, please reach out directly at 972-973-1101.

7. "People serving people"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Dallas, TX

I have been working at DFW International Airport full-time for more than a year

Pros

Love working at the Airport. Meet fascinating people from all over the world.

Cons

Since the airport is open 24/7, the working hours are crazy.

April 9, 2020Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how you have liked working with us so far and for shouldering the hours to provide around the clock operational excellence to our passengers. We know it is a sacrifice but it is a burden we carry with pride to connect our community to the world (and it sounds like you feel the same). We are happy to pass your training requests to our Organizational Development team, thanks for reaching out!

"Great People"

5.0
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at DFW International Airport full-time

Pros

People work hard, have big hearts and Care, have pride in their job and pull together when times get tough. Benefits are good. Wellness is really important and we have some new things with engagement that seem interesting. My supervisor asked for my idea during this meeting we had.

Cons

Newer employees are not as disgruntled as the ones just waiting around for retirement and trying to spread their anger around. Favoritism rules when you look at promotion to exec level. Too many execs who get hired that don’t know how to manage people and they sit in their offices like statues.

March 27, 2020Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for sharing your feedback, there is definitely work still to be done but we are glad to hear that our focus on and efforts towards employee engagement are starting to be felt by you and your team. We hope that as more and more employees engage, we can begin to see some of the behaviors you mentioned find resolution. Thank you for your continued service towards Transforming Travel with us.

9. COVID-19

"You're Nothing but a Number"

Current Employee - Unarmed Security Officer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at DFW International Airport full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Good Pay - Decent Vacation Time

Cons

-Horrible Upper Management -Lies -Corruption -Horrible Leadership -Terrible Schedule

April 10, 2020Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for reaching out to provide honest feedback. The impact of the pandemic has been felt by each of our business units and we are sorry to hear that the change in schedule has impacted you in a less than preferable way. We are proud that we have been able to keep all DFW Board Employees employed during this time but it does come with a sacrifice from us all, adjusting to life in pandemic. We hope that you hang in there with us while we weather the storm together. It is our hope that, as things get closer to normal, we will be able to reexamine the more attractive work schedule that many joined DFW to have. Should there be specific details that you would like to share in confidentiality please do reach out to our HR Department directly at 972-973-1101.

"The quintessential of how not to run a Department"

1.0
    Former Employee - Airport Security Supervisor- DPS Airport Security Department in Dallas, TX

I worked at DFW International Airport full-time for more than a year

Pros

The only thing I found worthwhile during my time was that the Airport offers great health insurance and fair pay, these positives in no way justify a long term career at DFW.

Cons

Really really bad environment daily. This place treats workers so poorly on a daily basis that the attitude amongst employees and fellow Supervision is polar opposite from the norm. Its a dog eat dog environment with little to no support from management or Human Resources. I do not recommend. There is a ton of turnover and complaints filed with EEOC, HR, and Management weekly. Lawsuits are common, seriously dysfunctional department.

April 9, 2020Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide honest feedback. We are glad that you felt that you were compensated fairly but we do also take your adverse feedback seriously and will share it with related parties. We also want to encourage you to reach out to our HR Department directly at 972-973-1101 should there be specific details that you would like to share in confidentiality.

Found 194 reviews