DHCS/ACT Government Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
  1. "Excellent Organization"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

I worked at DHCS/ACT Government full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Very relaxed work environment, as long as you stay on top of your case load and get job duties completed in a timely manner.

Cons

No immediate cons within the organization - all of the issues regarding coworker disputes or inconsistencies within reports were quickly addressed and resolved.

Advice to Management

If I had to recommend any advice to management, it would revolve around incorporating a more digital approach to the filing system, so that information can be forwarded quickly.

DHCS/ACT Government2015-10-14
  2. "Management is destroying the organization"

Former Employee - Research Manager I in Kyle, TX

I worked at DHCS/ACT Government full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Stable steady work. If the fact that all you have to do to get paid is show up to work and look busy, then this is a pro at DHCS.

Cons

Management of the Audits and Investigations Division is destroying their organization by ignoring the productive and rewarding the unproductive. Beware.

Advice to Management

Reward your productive staff and management and don't punish them for hearsay accusations of political incorrectness. You're losing your best people and retaining the worst.

DHCS/ACT Government2016-08-23
  3. "A good employer - for me"

Current Employee - Manager in Canberra

I have been working at DHCS/ACT Government full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good, secure job that is interesting and flexible. My immediate management is supportive and encouraging.

Cons

Not everyone has the same positive work experience as me. One of the (female) managers in an adjacent work area is a bully and harasses her staff. She has been in the social housing area since she left school and knows no other work environment, she plays politics and bad mouths (in an horiffic manner) those she deems less worthy. She thinks the place would not survive without her; I have news for her...

Advice to Management

The ACT Government has a policy to combat workplace bullying, it is not being taken seriously enough, as some managers who have been in the place for a long time need a real wake up call.

DHCS/ACT Government2014-07-01