DHG "big 4" Reviews | Glassdoor

DHG Employee Reviews about "big 4"

Updated Jun 4, 2019

Found 246 reviews

3.9
DHG CEO Matt Snow
Matt Snow
Pros
  • "They provide excellent work/life balance and the management is always willing to help you on your career journey(in 44 reviews)

• "Consulting at DHG has provided me several opportunities to grow my career in the financial industry(in 41 reviews)

Cons
  • "Busy season is more like from October - May rather than Jan - April(in 24 reviews)

• "Becoming more Big 4-like and losing the small-office culture(in 16 reviews)

Reviews about "big 4"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Tax Associate"

I have been working at DHG

Pros

Great coworkers, great perks (busy season meals, jeans)

Cons

Becoming more Big 4-like and losing the small-office culture

Advice to Management

continue to work on feedback/review/coaching processes

DHG2017-09-07
  2. "flexible growing firm"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at DHG full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

people are social, flexible, environment that provides challenges at a young stage in your career, supports remote working

Cons

the firm is growing,which can be good, but also means we seem to be becoming more like a Big 4 type firm

DHG2017-09-07

"Times have Changed - Tax Associate"

Former Employee - Tax Associate

I worked at DHG full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people; my team members where great and I learned a lot from them

Cons

1. Charge hours/ metrics over emphasized really getting that big 4 feel. 2. No work life balance. If you take off a week for vacation, you have to make up that time to meet your charge hour goal so really it's not time off. 3. Let's talk about charge hours - besides chargeable Work we do there are also required CPEs, trainings and meetings we are all required to attend but...

Advice to Management

Listen to your people. We aren't happy. And the mass amounts of people that are leaving right now should show you that. I've had a relationship with the firm for 4 years counting internships and full time staff. I've seen the changes happen and seen managers being pushed out. Along with all of the other cons listed that are also happening.

DHG2017-03-14
  4. "Audit"

I worked at DHG full-time

Pros

Successful and fast growing South East based CPA firm. The company retained great people to work with at all levels and opportunities for fast advancement. Maintained the small company culture, with resources and capabilities close to the big 4.

Cons

High turnover in upper management at a point in time along with the typical ups and downs in Public Accounting, issues experienced across the board by most firms in the industry. Overall great company and that cares and treats their valuable employees well.

DHG2016-12-19
  5. "Great Company"

I worked at DHG

Pros

Great place and environment. The people that work there are friendly and helpful. Everything that the company believes was portrayed by leadership.

Cons

For and accounting intern I didn't get as many hours as I would have liked considering the high pay. However, even with the high pay it is good to know that full time employees don't have to slave away like at the big 4.

DHG2016-06-20
    • "Assurance associate"

Current Employee - Assurance Associate in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at DHG full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexibility, the people, their efforts to promote work life balance and to host many social events throughout the year, much better hours than working at larger big-4 type firms

Cons

Public accounting, emphasis on meeting budgets that are sometimes unrealistic

DHG2016-06-13

"DHG Risk Advisory... Not Big 4 (a good thing)"

I have been working at DHG

Pros

-Work life balance -Lots of good talent (a lot of current professionals left big 4 for a better work life balance) -Opportunities for growth within DHG Risk Advisory -Exciting project opportunities with leading financial institutions

Cons

Move to 401k match instead of profit sharing contribution

DHG2016-02-01

"Growing Opportunity - RAS"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at DHG full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Growing with a consulting practice that feels more like a startup than a big consulting shop. - The importance of work-life balance is highly regarded and encouraged throughout the entire firm. - They truly care about their people and making sure they're happy and listen to them when they want to be heard. - A refreshing alternative to working for the Big 4.

Cons

- Some individuals may feel more like an employee of the client than DHG itself. However, the RAS practice is taking this very seriously and is addressing the issue.

Advice to Management

Find ways to motivate people that are on less than desirable projects.

DHG2016-02-01

"Great place to work. A fast growing firm with opportunity to grow with it."

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at DHG full-time for more than a year

Pros

Focus on work/life balance holds true. Great in between for Big 4 and smaller regional firms.

Cons

More interaction between management and staff. Sometimes feels like you are on an island when out at a client site

DHG2015-08-30
    • "Growing Family-Like Culture"

Current Employee - Marketing in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at DHG full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

DHG is really working on growing a family-like culture within the firm. The benefits are very good and pay is competitive. They are also very good about advancement within the firm. I've been promoted 3 times in 3 years and now work in a more specialized role than when I was hired, which is awesome. DHG recognizes talent and skills and works with people to make sure they are utilizing them.

Cons

In a non-accounting position, pay isn't as competitive as it would be for a CPA position simply because those positions compete directly with Big 4 firms. Administrative, marketing, HR, recruiting, etc. tends to not be as competitive with the industry standard pay. Work-Life balance is heavily preached at the firm but doesn't seem to actually be implemented by a lot of people.

DHG2015-08-05