DHG "great place" Reviews | Glassdoor

DHG Employee Reviews about "great place"

Found 245 reviews

4.0
DHG CEO Matt Snow
Matt Snow
Pros
  • "They provide excellent work/life balance and the management is always willing to help you on your career journey(in 44 reviews)

• "Consulting at DHG has provided me several opportunities to grow my career in the financial industry(in 41 reviews)

Cons
  • "Busy season is more like from October - May rather than Jan - April(in 24 reviews)

• "Becoming more Big 4-like and losing the small-office culture(in 16 reviews)

Reviews about "great place"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great career starter"

Current Employee - Audit Senior Associate in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at DHG full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Great training and resources Great place to start your career and get experience

Cons

Poor employee management Work employees until burnout

DHG2019-05-07

"Great Company and Great Culture!"

Current Employee - Risk Advisory Services - Consultant in Tysons Corner, VA

I have been working at DHG full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

DHG is a great place to work! Overall, DHG provides a positive and innovative work environment with wonderful people. Everyone is always willing to help when needed and work together. DHG cares about their employees and providing great client service. While working at DHG, I have seen the firm continually grow. This is very important when it comes to new opportunities, especially for Risk Advisory. It is exciting to...

Cons

Sometimes late communication to others about projects.

Advice to Management

Continue to grow communication efforts overall, including projects in the pipeline. Otherwise, keep up the great work! The new benefits are helpful.

DHG2019-02-27

"DHG RAS Charlotte is a fantastic place to work."

Current Employee - Risk Ad in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at DHG full-time for more than a year

Pros

Consulting at DHG has provided me several opportunities to grow my career in the financial industry. I have exposure to different departments at large financial institutions, help grow the firm's relationship and stay on top of new and developing trends within the banking industry. At the same time, DHG is a certified great place to work, and senior management listens to the wants and needs of employees. Compensation...

Cons

While these are not cons to me, they may be to others. Some travel is required in addition to being flexible to different engagement opportunities.

DHG2019-02-15
    • "Great Plase to work"

I worked at DHG full-time

Pros

Great place to work.

Cons

Didn't have the opportunity to share my skill set with the company

Advice to Management

Give good skill set a chance and think outside the box.

DHG2017-08-03
      • "cpa"

I have been working at DHG full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

great place to work. cares about their people

Cons

dont really have any cons

Advice to Management

keep up the good work!

DHG2017-04-18
      • "Great Company"

I worked at DHG

Pros

Great place and environment. The people that work there are friendly and helpful. Everything that the company believes was portrayed by leadership.

Cons

For and accounting intern I didn't get as many hours as I would have liked considering the high pay. However, even with the high pay it is good to know that full time employees don't have to slave away like at the big 4.

DHG2016-06-20

"Senior Consultant"

I worked at DHG full-time

Pros

Great place to work with great people.

Cons

No work life balance. Worked half of the weekends last year.

DHG2016-04-08
        • "Senior consultant"

I have been working at DHG

Pros

Dixon Hughes is a great place to work

Cons

Communication from management needs to improve

DHG2015-06-30

"Better than other accounting firms"

Current Employee - Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at DHG full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Great place to start for a college graduate Networking opportunities Great work life balance compared to other Tax and Audit firms

Cons

The pay is low Even if you're a SME in your field, management still treats you like a junior resource Absolutely no effort put into employee retention Abysmal work life balance compared to any other industry No communication strategy No remote work or telecommunication policy Out of date social media policy Poor IT support Sometimes you get put on projects where you bill a whole lot of money, provide...

Advice to Management

Right now, your go-to-market strategy is being a catch-all for folks who flee or wash-out of the Big 4. Nobody wants to be the "Great Value" brand of consultant. If you want to attract and retain top talent, you need to differentiate yourself in the industry, otherwise the only people who will stick around are the ones without the talent to succeed anywhere else.

DHG2014-10-24

"I quit!"

I worked at DHG full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Benefits were really good better than state and local government benefits. Initially, when i was hired, i thought this was a great place to work until the company merger with DHG. " all hell broke loose" There are good people in this company and many that i will miss dearly but i couldn't continue to work in an unhealthy environment.

Cons

After the merger , things changed , over worked, under-paid, and stressed out beyond being healthy. My possibility to move up in the firm was slim to none. I was not in the clique sort of speak - being african american and female working amongst predominantly white males counterparts. There is no diversity what so ever in this company to a degree that doesn't even seem legal. High turn over rate!

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees as they have good ideas and opinions too. Value and retain talent. Break up the cliques. Hire a work force that looks like the country in which we live in . Partners are not the second coming messiah.

DHG2014-07-28