DHG "open door policy" Reviews | Glassdoor

DHG Employee Reviews about "open door policy"

Found 245 reviews

4.0
DHG CEO Matt Snow
Matt Snow
Pros
  • "They provide excellent work/life balance and the management is always willing to help you on your career journey(in 44 reviews)

• "Consulting at DHG has provided me several opportunities to grow my career in the financial industry(in 41 reviews)

Cons
  • "Busy season is more like from October - May rather than Jan - April(in 24 reviews)

• "Becoming more Big 4-like and losing the small-office culture(in 16 reviews)

Reviews about "open door policy"

Return to all Reviews

"Associate"

I worked at DHG full-time

Pros

I interned and than started full time employment as an associate. Many social events throughout the internship and first year that allows you to meet everyone from associates to partners. Partners have open door policy.

Cons

- Internship is not thoroughly planned out. It's really what you make out of it. No one is going to give you work unless you ask. - HR seemed to playfavorites especially in Tyson's office. - All upper management care about is numbers. Whether it is numbers of interns hired to numbers of offers made after internship. - Can be stuck in one industry forever.

Advice to Management

- Treat associate with more respect. - Need major changes in HR personnel, -Ensure associates feel comfortable enough to give feedback.

DHG2018-06-07

"Executive Assistant"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at DHG full-time for more than a year

Pros

Competitive salary, millennial culture, onboarding/coaching system that sets you up for success, open door policy, promotion of work life balance that is almost unreal, women forward initiatives, diversity and inclusion

Cons

Definitely an environment for those passionate about what they do. Not a place for anyone who is just looking for a job. Some roles and projects require long hours. Anyone restricted to only 40 may have an issue excelling past satisfactory performance.

DHG2016-10-30

"Great place to learn and grow professionally"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at DHG full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

DHG is a very professional work place, which offers a lot of opportunity for growth and advancement. DHG has an excellent client base and the partners have an open door policy, which encourages collaboration and learning.

Cons

You need to know what your niche industry and career goals are at the very beginning of your career with DHG. Staffing issues and frequent turnovers require longer hours from those who stay.

Advice to Management

Continue mentoring and challenging your staff

DHG2015-10-05

"Growing Pains"

Current Employee - Manager in Asheville, NC

I have been working at DHG for more than 9 years

Pros

Always had an open door policy, tries to compete with larger firms

Cons

not as transparent as they like to think they are

DHG2015-08-13
    • "With any merger there is a change in culture"

I have been working at DHG full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

Management is very intelligent and has a great open door policy. The Benefits package was excellent, as was the time off policy and having a work life balance.

Cons

Due to many different mergers the small accounting firm feel is in the past and the upper management has more of a concern on the bottom line than their employees needs.

Advice to Management

In consideration to the geographic location the salaries are not as competitive as competitors and staff is overworked and under appreciated.

DHG2014-10-21

"I love where I work"

Current Employee - Tax Associate in Memphis, TN

I have been working at DHG full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

-The people I work with are very supportive -There's an open door policy, and I work with and communicate with partners very often -I'm challenged and encouraged to learn and apply what I've learned to each engagement. I don't ever feel like one mistake will make me lose my job. -I sit down on a weekly basis to get review notes over what could be improved- it's not necessary, but my seniors and managers want me to...

Cons

-Even though it's not so bad where I'm at, there are still office politics all over the place -We had a lot of people leave recently

DHG2013-03-18