DHInfrastructure Reviews

Updated Mar 14, 2021

5.0

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

A great place to gain experience, lots of upward mobility

Mar 14, 2021 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Small company that feels like family. Hires recent grads. Great place to get your foot in the door, work on lots of diverse projects, and build skill. Travel opportunities. Commitment to advancing employees, and increasing responsibility level. Happy hours every Friday.

Cons

Salary is competitive for the region but not necessarily for the field. The opportunity to travel for free makes up for that if you like to travel. Medical benefits are typical for a small company (not great, not bad)

2. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Exciting clients, high-performing team, cool travel opportunities

Sep 13, 2018 - Manager in Northampton, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

DHI's clients at the time I worked there were big international financial institutions such as the World Bank, Asian Development Bank, IFC, and etcetera. This gave me exposure to some really interesting and high-profile projects and clients. I also got to travel to eastern Europe and help governments and IFIs over there work on energy and infrastructure projects, which was super interesting and a once in a lifetime experience. Because the company is small, I got to do everything and gained a lot of skills here. You can make a big impact even as an entry-level person. Although it's rural, Northampton is a very cool place to live, especially if you like art and food. It's probably the most eccentric, artsy, liberal, politically involved, foodie, and queer-friendly small town in America. I now live in a big city and I miss the low cost of living and compact downtown. The management are great to learn from, and flexible. Also, when I was there there weren't many layers--I was working directly with the President/CEO and senior people all of the time, and got exposure into how they think, work and make decisions.

Cons

Because of the company's small size, you need to be able to take initiative, handle a wide variety of problems and projects, and be very agile and flexible. Sometimes you crunch numbers, sometimes you write reports, sometimes you meet with the transmission system operator running the power grid of a developing country or a World Bank big shot, and you need to be ready to thrive in each of these areas. This is not a big consulting firm where you get a ton of training and get your hand held.

3. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

One of the best companies I have worked for

Sep 14, 2018 - Manager in Northampton, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Extremely kind leadership. I always felt that they had my interests at heart and wanted to support me professionally, beyond my time at DHInfrastructure. The work I did with DHI was challenging and inspiring, and helped me refine the type of impact I hope to have with my work. They treat everyone they work with, clients and employees alike, with integrity and care and as a result they do extremely good work. My colleagues at the World Bank and Asian Development Bank always reminded me of how well respected the work we did at DHInfrastructure was. As a relatively nimble, boutique consulting firm, you have ample opportunity to shape your own work and are given a voice in charting the direction of the company. For self-driven people that want to have an impact and are interested in shaping policy, helping countries plan their infrastructure, learning about new cultures, and working with international aid, I cannot recommend a better place to work.

Cons

The primary con, depending on what you are looking for in the place that you live, is that DHInfrastructure is located in a small city. Northampton is the nicest small city I have experienced in the U.S., but nonetheless is a different experience of living than you would find in a big city.

4. 5.0

Amazing Place with Impactful Work

Sep 17, 2018 - Anonymous Intern
    Business Outlook

Pros

DH Infrastructure is a great place to work that checks all the boxes. (1) The work is really interesting and impactful. It also offers the possibility of international travel. (2) Work life balance. (3) The team will support your growth and help you learn quickly. While I was at DH Infrastructure, Denzel became a friend and professional mentor. Highly recommend working here.

Cons

Northampton and the nearby five colleges offer access to awesome culture, but DH Infrastructure is in a small town. For people used to cities, it can be a big transition. The salary is good for the area, but may be below what you could earn doing something similar in Washington DC.

5. 5.0

Great people, great location

Sep 13, 2018 - Intern in Northampton, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I had nothing but positive experiences working at DHInfrastructure. They deliberately create a welcoming, productive, fun, and engaging corporate culture and treat employees extremely well. Since the firm is relatively small, I was involved in many projects and exposed to various aspects of consulting. Northampton is full of restaurants and coffee shops for lunch or mid-morning snacks, all within walking distance of the office. Great location, great people, great work.

Cons

There is no parking lot for the office, but there is free side street parking within walking distance

6. 5.0
    Former Intern, less than 1 year

Fantastic place to learn the ropes of economic consulting.

Dec 18, 2013 - Anonymous Intern
    Business Outlook

Pros

Because the office is small you are able to take on a lot of responsibility right away and work on projects that matter related to energy and infrastructure.

Cons

The office and town of Northampton is lovely, but very small. The majority of the work is in Eastern Europe.

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 English Reviews