DHL Express Customer Service Advisor Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Give it a chance"

Current Employee - Customer Service Advisor in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Customer Service Advisor in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at DHL Express full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

DHL cares about its employees. They are always seeking the way to motivate you and keep a great work environment.

Cons

Could feel overworked at times however, you develop yourself to work under pressure.

Advice to Management

Keep thinking on the employees who keep DHL up!

DHL Express Response

May 3, 2018 – DHL Express

I appreciate you taking the time to leave a review! We recognize that Customer Service positions can be challenging so our Supervisors are passionate about keeping our team members motivated and I'm... More

2. "Lack of Integrity"

Former Employee - Customer Service Advisor in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Advisor in Tempe, AZ

Pros

Gym on the facility, customer service managers were friendly, good pay, ok benefits (not better than benefits in the banking field), 6 weeks of training. It's a good company if you feel that you're unable to compete--you can sabotage your way to the top.

Cons

This employer pumps this company up so much that the people they hire will do anything to move up in the company. My first week there I was sabotaged by a co-worker and the co-worker played the victim card even though I could provide proof that she sabotaged me. I went on a trip with this employer and another black female and I were left out of activities and treated as if we had nothing to offer. Not a good place for African American women to work. It wasn't management at all but co-workers treated me like I was garbage and didn't have a brain simply because of my sex and my skin-color. When I brought the fact that I was sabotaged up to an HR rep he acted like it was something that I should bite my tongue about and move on with my life. He found it petty that I would not want to work with a company whose employees appear to lack integrity. His boss did follow up the call stating that being cut-throat and showing a lack of integrity is not what DHL is about.

Advice to Management

If what you're doing is working for you keep doing it.

"Not great"

I have been working at DHL Express full-time

Pros

Training was enjoyable, good shift

Cons

Once you leave training, there is ZERO support once you hit the floor, when you ask for help, people seem really annoyed and don't want to help you, no consistency amongst agents/mgrs/leads when asking questions. Big emphasis on sales... which is a pain. You are not empowered to help customers

Advice to Management

Need to continue to train and provide support even after training is over

"its okay"

I have been working at DHL Express full-time

Pros

good pay, vacation, work-life balance, office culture

Cons

very difficult work, long hours, poor cafeteria food, poor parking

5. "Customer Service Advisor"

Current Employee - Customer Service Advisor in Jakarta (Indonesia)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Advisor in Jakarta (Indonesia)

I have been working at DHL Express full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work at DHL is very fun and exciting. DHL deliver so many other activities beside the main job.

Cons

Somehow the working hours is out of our expectations.

6. "Amazing Company"

Current Employee - Customer Service Advisor
    Current Employee - Customer Service Advisor

I have been working at DHL Express full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great group of people to work with
    Some managers are very much on the top of their game and genuinely care about you
    Plenty of room to move up the Career ladder

Cons

Can be a struggle getting to and from work, no fault of the company

7. "Customer Service Advisor: Is it for you?"

Former Employee - Customer Service Advisor in Brampton, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Advisor in Brampton, ON (Canada)

I worked at DHL Express full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you are someone that doesn't take offence to things, and are able brush things off. Then this job is for you.
    Here are some pros:
    - You are given free stuff (clothes, food)
    - Some of the workers are nice
    - You are given a desk
    - There is a Cafe ( in case you forgot you lunch, your able to buy food)
    - They provide benefits (dental, medical, life insurance, etc)
    - They train you

Cons

However, if you are someone who is emotional, who doesn't like to feel in adequate/inferior, and has a sense of self value, then this job isn't for you
    Cons
    - No support from Team-leaders, Managers, Or other departments. Many team-leaders will bluntly ignore your call for help. Calling other departments for calls pertaining to them is no help either, they will turn you away most of the time. Or ask you to pass on the message to the customer instead of taking over. This is very frustrating especially when the customer is mad. The escalation process consists of getting a team leader to take over the call to descelate but many ignore your calls. So essentially YOU - the customer service advisor have to take the heat. For example: i had a angry customer that was mad his package had not come in, wanted to speak to a manager. The team-leader ignored my calls for help, and told my coworker that theres nothing he has to say to the customer.

- Rude, Obnoxious, Entitled customers. 90% of your calls are from people that yell, swear, threaten, and disrespect you. Although, your only trying to help. The first few calls you get that are like that, you can brush off. But someone constantly yelling at you for things you can not control, will eventually take a toll on you.

- Stress: this job is very stressful. the combination of rude customers and lack of support from management will stress you out. This job can really affect your mental health. I had a friend that cried every time she went into work as the calls were very unpredictable.

- The position is very policed. Everything is monitored through a computer system. You have to attain 90% GOS( which means you have to being taking calls, and taking your breaks on time) The problem with this, is you can have calls ranging from 3 mins - 40 mins, and may miss your break time. thus affecting your 90%, if it goes lower, you are penalized. your washroom breaks affect your 90% causing it to drop, then you are penalized. If you have to go into AUXWORK (pause from calls) to finish your notes (that are mandatory) 90% drops - you are penalized for it.

- You are tested monthly for your call quality. your managers do a side by side, and listen into your calls. This can be quiet nerve wrecking. Whether the call is good or bad, the manager will listen and grade you passed on your tone, specific words you say, and following the script.
    You need a 90% on call quality, if you say "can i have your tracking #" instead of "may i have your tracking #" you are marked down. If you forget to plug in the company website and let the customer know they can track their package online, you are marked down. If you say " Hello, welcome to DHL" Instead of " Good day, welcome to DHL", you are marked down.

- The company promotes the ability to move to different departments, however it is not based on skill it is based on SENIORITY. Basically, you can be more qualified for a new position than another employee, but because the employee has been their for a years, their more likely to hire them opposed to you.

Advice to Management

Please support your employees. Please enforce the escalation process and participate willing. A manager not willing to help causes a lot of stress for the employee. Be more open to help your employees and be more reasonable.

8. "Customer Service Advisor at EKAS"

Current Employee - Customer Service Advisor At EKAS in Shannon (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Advisor At EKAS in Shannon (Ireland)

I have been working at DHL Express full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good for getting some experience in your CV. Easy to get permanent. Many people from different countries

Cons

unfortunately management doesn't know how to Manage a team. Too many unsatisfied people with the job due to bad management.

9. "Customer service advisor - internship (3months)"

Former Intern - Customer Service Advisor in Le Bourget, Ile-de-France (France)
    Former Intern - Customer Service Advisor in Le Bourget, Ile-de-France (France)

I worked at DHL Express as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

L'esprit d'equipe
    les locaux
    les repas/gouters en equipe toutes les semaines
    les tee-shirts/goodies offerts
    differents jeux en equipes
    massages
    salle de sport avec réduction

Cons

travailler devant un ecran toute la journée