DHR International Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated February 23, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Geoffrey Hoffmann

Pros
  • Good exposure to industries, very professional and friendly company with very friendly coworkers, good culture, good place to start after college (in 4 reviews)

• Flex working style, work-life balance (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • It is an extremely fast paced environment and you are expected to keep up (in 6 reviews)

• Could do a better job of retaining entry level employees (in 4 reviews)

1. "My Job"

Former Employee - Class A CDL Delivery Driver in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Class A CDL Delivery Driver in Houston, TX

I worked at DHR International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay was great and the job was good.

Cons

They play favouritism and lie about little things.

2. "managing director"

Former Employee - Vice President and Managing Director in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Vice President and Managing Director in Chicago, IL

I worked at DHR International (More than 3 years)

Pros

You set your own pace and if you are entrepreneurial, and build a solid client base you can make a nice income--must be aggressive and work hard.

Cons

terrible environment, preaches team but really it is an individual's own efforts in building a book of business.

Advice to Management

Jeff, get out of the corner office and make BD and client call, do some actual recruiting.

"Research"

Former Employee - Research in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Research in Chicago, IL

I worked at DHR International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Strong collaboration within internal practice groups. Research has a great culture, and leadership within the division is effective. Some (few & far between) of the Partners/EVP's/Consultants build great rapport & trust with their associates.

Cons

Partners, Partners, Partners. There needs to be a drastic culture change in order for this issue to be fully addressed. As mentioned in many of the reviews previous, Partners are (more times than not) derogatory, demeaning, and simply disrespectful to the associate staff. It can feel like a one way road, with research delivering on candidates, running references, writing reports, etc. There's no cross-accountability either - I've experienced many instances where Partners are not adequately prepared for client calls, which in-turn seriously hurts the hiring chances of our candidates.

Advice to Management

Stand up for your associates, and communicate with the Partners that we are the ones who are TRULY delivering on their searches. Without research, there are no candidates. Without candidates, there is no value for Partners to sell. I want DHR to succeed and become a dominant market-leader, but that will not happen unless you have less attrition in the research ranks.

5. "goood componey"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at DHR International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

good componey good managment everything is good
    i am recommending it for your search

Cons

no cons to higlit its a good organisation

Advice to Management

keep it up dear managment

"Insights"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hinckley, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hinckley, OH

I worked at DHR International (Less than a year)

Pros

Some consultants are professional and strong in their respective fields. The firm does focus on marketing through the traditional channels in the executive search industry.

Cons

The associates are young and aren't aligned to industry verticals or disciplines. This causes longer learning curves and delays execution.

Advice to Management

figure out how to eliminate conflict between jobplex and dhr internally. Internal favoritism is strong and based upon the family based business, suggest you expand beyond the family or continue to lose consultants and associates.

"There is better out there"

Former Employee - Associate
    Former Employee - Associate

Pros

Culture, great people, some consultants genuinely care about you…most don't

Cons

Associates are disposable and their work is underappreciated. Very poor pay for the work we do. Far under market value.

Advice to Management

You've got to pay people what they're worth.

"Avoid, avoid, avoid, AVOID!"

Former Employee - EVP in New York, NY
    Former Employee - EVP in New York, NY

I worked at DHR International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There really is no good reason to work at DHR International. This is a terrible firm where you will be cheated of all your money and worth.

Cons

I had heard rumors about DHR International but it was only after I joined that I found the real story. Make sure you look for all the "UNOFFICIAL" material out there on the web and read it before you even consider joining.

Advice to Management

I have no advice for management. I only have advice for people stupid enough to consider joining DHR International. 'Nuff said.

"Before you accept a role with the company do your research on lawsuits, turnover, benefits, etc."

I worked at DHR International full-time

Pros

DHR has nice office space/furniture/views but terrible equipment. I was using a 15yro desktop, an old monitor, and one of the original mouses with the cord.

Cons

A very litigious company, lawsuits spanning internal & external. It's a contentious office environment with aggressive intimidating behavior from Partners & management. They struggle with staff retention but management doesn't seem to mind the turnover. Support staff salaries/benefits are below market rate but Partners have an opportunity to do extremely well (pending their numbers). Aside revenue, there's no central mission or company value system.

Advice to Management

They need to replace the entire management team.

"Wish I had done more research before joining this firm"

I have been working at DHR International full-time

Pros

Trial by fire and there's very little training so it's very good for building strength and character! Not a lot of oversight. Partners allow us to run the searches on our own for the most part. They aren't very involved so we learn as we go.

Cons

Develop some real infrastructure. Invest in search technology, not just marketing for bringing gin new clients. It seems like so many come and go - like a revolving door. I'm learning how badly we're viewed in the market in comparison to the other search firms. It's depressing to know this isn't going to look good on my resume when I leave.

Advice to Management

I don't think it would be heard.

11. "Growing Company"

I worked at DHR International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The interview process was quick and easy. They provided ongoing training. There is open communication. The team is friendly and considerate. There is plenty of growth opportunity if you work for it. Management team is flexible.

Cons

The benefits package is not competitive. There could be more PTO days. The biannual bonus is not clearly defined. Despite the cons, it is a flexible and growing company and headed in a good direction.

Advice to Management

If there is going to be a bonus system, provide metrics at the start of employment. Improve the benefits package and paid time off. Implement best practices throughout all offices at every level.