DIMONT Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 20, 2019

2.4
DIMONT President and CEO Denis Brosnan
Denis Brosnan
Pros
  • "Moderately good benefits, weekends off is a plus, flexible schedule(in 6 reviews)

• "I have worked in several Financial Services companies, and this one by far has the best company culture, work/life balance, and job perks(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "High turnover due to the manager's mood swings(in 6 reviews)

• "Low pay; every job you were reassigned to was deemed a lateral move so they didn't pay you more(in 6 reviews)

1. "Claims Administrator"

Current Employee - Claims Administrator in Dallas, TX

I have been working at DIMONT full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

1. regular office hours (a definite plus!) 2. satisfactory employee bonus for hourly employees 3. easy access to learning/training material, management carries an "open door" policy 4. stable company work ethic 5. "hire from within" is practically the motto here! The company prefers moving employees up the ladder.

Cons

It's a fast-paced, decision-making, office job. There is no room here if you are looking to ride the clock. If you like boring & slow, this isn't for you.

Advice to Management

Management has determined this is a career-oriented company. I would like to see some side offerings to help the employees with long-term investing.

DIMONT2018-04-04
  2. "Ever Changing. Always. Change is Good?"

Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Dallas, TX

I have been working at DIMONT full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

401K Company designated bathrooms. Monthly Birthday/Anniversary Celebrations Summer Party is great. Christmas Party is even better.

Cons

No training in a classroom setting. Official training would be great on all levels. No time or resources to better cultivate staff will result in a downward spiral.

DIMONT2019-12-21
  3. "DON'T DO IT. WORST COMPANY EVER."

Former Employee - Communications Specialist in Dallas, TX

I worked at DIMONT full-time for less than a year

Pros

Regular M-F job with okay benefits/pay

Cons

- Completely Unorganized - Never room to move up (if there is, they will hire outside. Even though they "promote from within" that's a bold face LIE) -Management does not listen or take you seriously -Management does not care about the customer or proper procedures. They just want to make good numbers for the clients. -Training is non existent. (although they just hired a "trainer" who has no experience in the field. just experience training... whatever that means.) -30 min lunches so you almost have to bring your lunch every day or eat at your desk. -No more 401k matching, which means the company isn't doing too hot financially. -Other teams in this department have no idea what they're doing, but only the communication specialist answers the phones, so guess what? You're going to get yelled at daily for other people's dumb mistakes. -Other teams are not held accountable for their mistakes so just forget about that. -You will develop health issues such as high blood pressure, anxiety, depression, and much more. Trust me, this has happened to several employees including myself (and I was only there for 60ish days). Heed my warning folks, I have held 4 professional business jobs in my life (not including this one, it is no where near being able to hold the title of "professional") and this is by far the worst excuse for a company that I have ever seen. Do yourself a favor and just keep looking.

Advice to Management

Get it together. This place is a joke and you know it. I couldn't even make it to my 90 days because of how terrible the loss draft department is. So blessed to have made it out of this sh*thole of a company and into a better job with actual opportunities. I wouldn't recommend this job to my worst enemy.

DIMONT2019-10-16
  4. "Loss Analyst (Claims)"

Former Employee - Loss Prevention Analyst in Dallas, TX

I worked at DIMONT full-time for less than a year

Pros

Paid on time, flexible hours, location

Cons

Before starting at Dimont and Associates, i spoke with current and former employees. I knew what i was in for. My strategy was to go in , do my job and keep my 'head low' meaning ask little questions and do as im told. Training- Classroom, there is none. Side by side, only when the favorites have time, if they don'thave time you are given an outdated S.O.P. and told to read over it. Workload-with very little training, i relayed on my past experience; i was told that the client wanted "it" done a certain way. I mentioned that "it" wasn't in accordance to HUD guidelines AND that was the beginning of my end. Management (VP)is very temperamental, stay out of the way or else you will feel the wrath. You dont have to do anything to get on their wrong side. Favoritism- there are 2, if they dont like you; you might as well pack up your desk. Management is going to back them...right or wrong. High turnover due to the manager's mood swings. She states theres no more work and that is the reason why she is laying you off. But then you noticed that a new job posting in the same department for the same job. HR is part of the problem,she pretends like she cares but I think they (VP and HR) are holding on until they are able to retire in the next 4-5 yrs. I know this because this is what the VP told me.

DIMONT2019-10-04
  5. "Needs Improvement"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at DIMONT full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Monthly Birthday/Work-iversary Treats; Summer/Holiday Parties; Great People; New Employee Lounge Area with embedded Snack Area

Cons

Proper training is rare to non-existent. Constant technical issues hinder productivity. Unworthy claims being pushed through without review causing delays/confusion. Lack of individual incentive. Management level career opportunities are few. Several rounds of layoffs have occurred as well.

Advice to Management

Please hire or create a position strictly for training purposes. This person must work with management to keep staff accountable for bad work practices which delay processing.

DIMONT2018-11-19
  6. "Claims Admin"

I have been working at DIMONT full-time

Pros

Moderately good benefits, weekends off is a plus, flexible schedule

Cons

Training is not good, they expect you to learn in about 2 days.

DIMONT2018-10-23
  7. "Horrible Place To Work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at DIMONT full-time for more than a year

Pros

Actual office is very appealing, small company atmosphere, consistent hours, hourly wage is ok

Cons

Senior management does not care about employees, owners only care about potentially selling the company down the road, CEO has no integrity, high turnover and recent layoffs making it difficult to retain customers

Advice to Management

CEO needs to part ways! New management team needs to step in and take over before there are no more customers to keep the doors open.

DIMONT2018-07-27
  8. "Document Review Specialist"

I worked at DIMONT full-time

Pros

Simple work and ability for overtime was usually pretty common. Comfortable environment and positive feedback.

Cons

Long hours staring at a screen and some of the rewards systems were completely off balance and unfair depending on what category you were given.

Advice to Management

Keep rewards systems fair and balanced by looking into how difficult each category is instead of just judging based on how many were viewed per day.

DIMONT2018-06-07
  9. "Customer service"

I worked at DIMONT full-time

Pros

Lots of OT And Activities

Cons

Miscomuncation needs a bit more structure

DIMONT2018-05-23
  10. "Unstable company cleints' and owners are lied to about a lot going on."

Current Employee - Administrative in Dallas, TX

I have been working at DIMONT full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Hours are flexible with some managers.

Cons

Management is all over the place. The company makes promises they don't keep. I've seen the company change hands several times and on the last change we were told to lie to the new buyers so they would think the company was in better condition that it is. We have a lot of meetings where nothing is accomplished. Upper management tells the owners they are providing training but it usually consist of going into a room and having someone talk for a few minutes but we aren't taught anything new. They don't have many adjusters and make us do adjuster work even though we aren't licensed. Most adjusters leave but the company keeps using their license on claims. I'm not sure that is legal but the company doesn't care. Dimont says they care about their clients but then Fran tells us she just wants claims closed and doesn't care if we get the client all the money we could. I've seen a lot of claims closed out just to make the numbers look good. Awhile back we were told by fran that she wants quantity over quality and we sent a bunch of claims to adjusters to close even though the adjusters said they were good claims. I've seen a lot of really good employees get let go but they keep the ones that don't care. It seems like anytime someone questions some of the things going on they are let go so if you work here, keep your mouth shut and don't ask questions.

Advice to Management

Get managers who know how to train and work claims. We are so in the dark about many things because no one in upper management seems to know anything abut insurance. You can't ask your manager how to do your job because they tell you they don't know and tell you to ask someone else. Be honest with the owners and maybe they can make this company a good place to work and you wouldn't have to keep selling it to the next sucker.

DIMONT2018-04-16