DIRECTV Reviews | Glassdoor

1,215 reviews

Full-time Part-time

1,215 Employee Reviews

Pros
Cons
  • Quality of life - no work/life balance, management believes they own you (in 32 reviews)

• Long hours investment that pays off but challenges the life work balance (in 38 reviews)

"Team Leader"

Former Employee - Team Leader in Huntington, WV

I worked at DIRECTV full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pre-Merger things were great at DirecTV. The company did it's best to support employees, provided good benefits and stressed the need for great customer service. Flexible scheduling for associates and reasonable attendance policies for decent pay at the CSR and TL levels.

Cons

After the merger occurred, things began to change almost immediately. Lay-Offs in the terms of "Right Sizing", elimination of call types that should be handled by internal rather than out-sourced employees and general disregard for experienced employees.

Advice to Management

DirecTV was a excellent company when I came on-board, but that changed with the merger. I would say it's time to leave the ship because it's just going to get worse.

"Reconnect agent"

Former Employee - Addiction Treatment Counselor in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Addiction Treatment Counselor in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at DIRECTV full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People are diverse and awesome la times building well kept. Energetic.

Cons

You don't really get incentives,also CRM system crashed alot....unconcerned with well-being of employees .

Advice to Management

Own the fact that everyone is human and mistakes will be made by everyone..however as long as it get corrected in timely matter give second chances....and stop make underranking employees the fall guy for management mistakes

"The absolute worst company to work for"

Former Employee - Maintenance in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Maintenance in Cleveland, OH

I worked at DIRECTV full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Wish was there was any. Cannot think of anything good to say . There are reasons why I left and will never go back again

Cons

From top to bottom , ex employee and customer I can say that by far worst company to deal on all ends

Advice to Management

Do something about your service

5. "Good Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Pros

1. Good Company and has Long future.

Cons

1.Lot of Old technologies are using. need Upgrade.
    2. Unnecessary layers of Teams.

6. "Sr. Analyst"

Former Employee - Senior Analyst in El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Analyst in El Segundo, CA

I worked at DIRECTV (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, including health and educational

Cons

Not too many if you were lucky enough to have a great boss

7. "Customer Service"

Former Employee - Technical Customer Service Representative in El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Customer Service Representative in El Segundo, CA

I worked at DIRECTV (More than a year)

Pros

Helping customers fix their issue and making them feel good about the company.

Cons

When you get a long phone call

"Team Leader"

Former Employee - Team Leader in Huntington, WV

I worked at DIRECTV full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Prior to ATT the company truly cared about customer service and its employees. Free DIRECTV, daily, weekly and monthly incentives. Health insurance was great.

Cons

Post ATT the company is focused on profits and not customer service. Employees are a number and easily disposed. Benefits are poor and the only way to advance to to be part of the "in crowd."

Advice to Management

Bring it back to focusing on people. DIRECTV was the number one television provider because it cared about people.

"Access Card Distribution"

Former Employee - Access Card Distribution in Huntsville, AL
    Former Employee - Access Card Distribution in Huntsville, AL

I worked at DIRECTV full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

It is a job. Granted they paid more than other places.

Cons

Benefits suck.
    Directv allows their customers to walk all over the Directv employees. It is always the employees fault no matter how badly CSR are treated by the customer.
    The CSR (employees) are not allowed to do proper troubleshooting. No matter what the issue is the CSR can only do a reset and check the cable. After that a service call is ordered.
    Other employees hae stolen things from me even if things were stolen in front a supervisor.
    One time another employee was preaching Mormonism in the cafeteria. I finally confronted him with what i believed in. That employee went to human resources and complained that he was offended that I was so anti-Mormon and he was also offended by my religion. I was called into human resources and they said "it was not appropriate and against company to preach your religious believes." I was also repremanded by my supervisor and my manager threatened to terminate me. The next time I saw this employee he literally crammed his Mormonism down my throat, consistantly badgering me with Mormonism and how wrong I was not worshoping Mormonism. What happened to him? Nothing.
    One more thing. I was a tier 2 technician (I was very good at it) I was demoted down to access card distribution. I did not fall from grace, my position was eliminated.

Advice to Management

If I was you i would leave Directv. They will find a way to get rid of you. Directv does not lay-off employees. Directv will come after you with bogus reasons to terminate your job. Especially after 3 years.

10. "Nee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

I have been working at DIRECTV full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, friendly, good pay.

Cons

Far, is open 365 days a year

11. "Poor Management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lynnwood, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lynnwood, WA

I worked at DIRECTV full-time (More than a year)

Pros

DirecTv had great benefits from health, to 401k matching and free tv to offer. Unfortunately, these benefits didn't outweigh the cons.

Cons

They required 6 days a week of work for most of the year at about 10 hours a day. They had no problem sending you to work over an hour and a half from your home and still requiring that you be there at 8. You only get paid if the job goes in, and when you work in an area with a lot of trees, not many jobs do

Advice to Management

Communicate with the employees more and actually tell them when they will have to stay out late or if they will be sent to a job far away instead of avoiding them.

Showing 1,215 of 1,345 reviews