DIRECTV Training Specialist Reviews | Glassdoor

DIRECTV Chairman, President, and CEO Michael D. (Mike) White
Michael D. (Mike) White

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Quality of life - no work/life balance, management believes they own you (in 32 reviews)

• Long hours investment that pays off but challenges the life work balance (in 38 reviews)

1. "Amazing!"

Current Employee - Training Specialist
    Current Employee - Training Specialist

I have been working at DIRECTV full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The benefits are awesome. They take care of their employees and make them happy which in turn makes the customers happy. They have a great bonus structure and incentives are endless. The place is clean and there's excitement going on all the time. Management treats you like their equal and not like they are better than you. They are in front of the cart helping you pull. Not in the back riding and cracking the whip! They lead by example. One team. One goal.

Cons

The pay is 29% below average for a Training Specialist.

Advice to Management

Look at the market and make adjustments to match the average pay of a training specialist position. We work very hard to ensure our agents understand the impacts of the customer experience and make sure they are proficient in the major duties of their call type. We even go above and beyond to ensure they are hitting at or close to productions goals when it comes to their metrics. We leave one class and immediately start another while balancing instructor lead trainings in the midst of it all.

2. "Great Company, but could improve pay"

Former Employee - Training Specialist II in Huntsville, AL
    Former Employee - Training Specialist II in Huntsville, AL

I worked at DIRECTV full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Company has a great history of success, great vision. C-level really knows what they are doing, and upper HR Development leadership is spot on with their direction. I really believe in DIRECTV, it's a great company. I hope during the ATT deal things continue to run well

Cons

Local Leadership is not suited for the job, many issues with favoritism and turning a blind eye to legal violations

3. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Training Specialist in Missoula, MT
    Current Employee - Training Specialist in Missoula, MT

I have been working at DIRECTV full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company is comitted to employee engagement. Great workplace culture. Lots of support, benefits, perks.

Cons

Pay is not necessarily in line with cost of living.

4. "Training Specialist"

Former Employee - National Training Specialist
    Former Employee - National Training Specialist

Pros

Great networking, fun place to work, free DTV, some of the best people I've met!! If you enjoy traveling, this is definitely the position for you. Overall, a great experience.

Cons

The only downside was very little ability for lateral or vertical movement within the company itself. I went for an Account Management job twice, and didn't receive it after two silly interviews. I was denied before any interview began, or so it seemed.

Advice to Management

I would re-evaluate some of the middle-management choices.