DISH Reviews in Columbus, OH | Glassdoor

Columbus, OH Area

2.2
Charlie Ergen

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great work days/hours, pay is good, advancement is good (in 158 reviews)

• Great organization, excellent work-life balance (in 55 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/Life balance can be a struggle especially if you care (in 117 reviews)

• No incentives from upper management (in 193 reviews)

1. "CSR/OJT"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative/OJT in Hilliard, OH
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative/OJT in Hilliard, OH

I worked at DISH (More than a year)

Pros

good environment, fun to work at. did stuff for the employees and the free tv was awesome.

Cons

customers and some policies that make it harder on your job - changing hours

"Coach"

Former Employee - Coach in Hilliard, OH
    Former Employee - Coach in Hilliard, OH

I worked at DISH full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Don't work for them. The company doesn't care about its employees and doesn't support long time employees.

Cons

Bad benefits, poor management, lack of direction.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and have their back when needed.

3. "Top notch employer"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hilliard, OH
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hilliard, OH

I worked at DISH full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Job stability, great pay, awesome benefits, good hours, nice workplace, wonderful management

Cons

From my experience there were no cons

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

"Stay Away"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative III/Tech Support in Hilliard, OH

I worked at DISH full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Dish network offers you a paycheck

Cons

Negative Work Environment
    Poor pay scale and raises
    No chance of advancement
    Bullying

Advice to Management

Treat all of your employees with respect and listen to their concerns. The customers should be our main priority, not being friends with co-workers.

5. "Awful"

Current Employee - Csr1 in Hilliard, OH
    Current Employee - Csr1 in Hilliard, OH

I have been working at DISH part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They gave me WAH but it's still awful. I wish I could give a 0 score but it won't let me

Cons

Used to be NPS would get a score for agent and company now just company. So if we are in the middle of a takedown like we are now expected to be screamed at and belittled by customers then screamed at & belittled by management for not making these miserable customers love dish. Even though we took away their channel so Charlie Eagan can make more money. Tuition assistance not on par with industry every decent company in Columbus Ohio offers 5k tuition assistance dish only gives 2k. Also every other WAH call center which is all of them offers to pay for your internet dish doesn't.

Advice to Management

Remove NPS from our metric, used it as a guide. Like invalid transfer people are trying to to their job the best they can NPS is so defeating makes us all want to give up

"Churn Factory"

I worked at DISH full-time

Pros

Potential to earn money in different ways including sales and monthly performance bonuses. You will get a lot of free stuff like t-shirts and DVDs from HBO and Showtime.

Cons

Mandatory overtime, high stress/high volume call center, no flexibility

"Dish Advance Technical Support"

Former Employee - Advanced Technical Support Representative in Hilliard, OH

I worked at DISH full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Dish pays well, lots of overtime. The do have profit sharing I will give them that, 4% of your pay in stock every year.

Cons

lots of micro management , you never feel like your job is secure. Health benefits expensive

Advice to Management

When things are down, first thing management does is pass blame all the way down to the bottom, take responsibility for your own decisions

8. "Atrocious! Think Twice!"

Former Employee - Advanced Technical Support Representative in Hilliard, OH

I worked at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Semi free TV, some coworkers, able to get away with a lot of stuff that wouldn't fly with most companies that have structure! Free food and time off the phones was also pretty decent when it rarely happened....

Cons

Everything else! DISH is a very selfish and unstructured company! They hate their customers and hate their employees even more. The pay pitiful, the management stinks, the customers are trained to treat you like crap to get what they want, systems are outdated, building was gross, no real desks, bad chairs, the list could go on for days! Don't work here unless you have no other choice! DISH is a plauge! DISH sucked the soul right out of my body! DISH gave me depression! Please don't do it!

Advice to Management

Reevaluate your entire business plan and try again. You have failed as a company and I wouldn't recommend anyone to sign up for service or apply for a job.

9. "Good pay but it's still a call center"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Columbus, OH

I worked at DISH (More than a year)

Pros

Easy to get bonuses, some coaches are great, quick promotions, pays good

Cons

The customers...need I say more?

"Be aware"

Current Employee - Coach in Hilliard, OH
    Current Employee - Coach in Hilliard, OH

I have been working at DISH full-time

Pros

The culture in Hilliard has been over the years better at the site than it is comparable to the perception of the Company as a whole. The people are good and try to keep employee morale up (that's the basis for running a good call center). Nice job at keeping employees involved in processes other than just their stated "job".

Cons

It's a call center, this has been stated before in other reviews, but working with the public isn't the most pleasant experience.
     Since this is a satellite call center not attached to the corporate office, true opportunity to move on and up is a fantasy unless you are willing to relocate.

Advice to Management

Every so often some sort of review comes out and the managers want to "get out on the floor" this lasts for only a week or so and they are back huddled together working on their online college courses. They are always approachable, but really?
     I want to draw attention to how employees are addressed. The culture of last name/first name is something that comes to us via the military, which came to us from our British ancestry. Superiors are referred to by first name, but subordinates are referred to by last name. There are exceptions to this, namely -some women, trans-gendered, and "favorites". Also, be aware of pet nicknames. The way employees are addressed can be seen as exclusionary, sexist, discriminatory and can verge on harassment.
     For the position of Peer Adviser, please change the name to more accurately reflect what the individual(s) are doing: "Works on special projects for managers that they do not want to do and will impact them, but doesn't directly impact their peers" When was the last time a peer adviser actually sat down with a peer to help them?

Showing 73 of 3,638 reviews