DISH Reviews in Tigard, OR | Glassdoor

Tigard, OR

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Charlie Ergen

Pros
  • Great work days/hours, pay is good, advancement is good (in 143 reviews)

• The company's culture is focused on work-life balance, which is great (in 47 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/Life balance can be a struggle especially if you care (in 107 reviews)

• Poor communication/lack of transparency from upper management (in 177 reviews)

"There are definitely worse jobs."

Current Employee - Field Service Specialist IV in Tigard, OR
    Current Employee - Field Service Specialist IV in Tigard, OR

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Opportunity for advancement. Instant gratification at work site. One can develop great people skills.

Cons

Management micromanages, constantly changes goals, oh yeah, and they lie. The company would rather all field techs be exactly the same, rather than encourage any personal or professional growth.

Advice to Management

None. Upper management doesn't listen to any field personnel anyway. Why consult the people who have actual hands on experience?

"Inventory Specialist"

Current Employee - Inventory Specialist in Tigard, OR
    Current Employee - Inventory Specialist in Tigard, OR

I have been working at DISH full-time

Pros

-Decent pay
    -Relaxed warehouse environment
    -Techs work four ten hour shifts.

Cons

-Company seems to consolidate more every couple of years.
    -Sales are mandatory for installation guys.
    -Dying industry resulting in more responsibilities being stretched across smaller teams.
    -Company does not value the time you've invested in them. I've seen multiple people with 15+ years in the company let go during restructuring because they didn't want to pay them.
    -2016 has been a bad year for Dish and it is starting to show.

Don't work here.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like people.

"A job, not a career"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tigard, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tigard, OR

I worked at DISH full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

In Tigard OR not many. Pay was OK

Cons

Uneducated management team 5 of the 6 Managers in Tigard have GED's or High School Diplomas. The GM a BS, but he used his to become a used car salesman. Management may have been good techs 13 to 15 years ago when they started, but just because they stuck around doesn’t mean they actually know anything about managing, especially when it comes to team building and employees. “Do as I say, not as I do” is one motto, another is, and “it is what it is” and my favorite from this management team is “if you don’t like it, you know where the door is”. Passing the buck, none of them, from the GM on down are willing to accept their responsibility for their mistakes.

Advice to Management

None. This team only pretends they care about your advice or ideas so I'm not going to waste my time.

"I can Understand the Dissatisfaction of the employees"

Current Employee - Don't Need Any Payback in Tigard, OR
    Current Employee - Don't Need Any Payback in Tigard, OR

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I get a paycheck, free TV, I get to be degraded and treated like I’m a low life. Wait, thats not a pro. OK, I have nothing else.

Cons

Management that think they know all, watch management doing personal work on the clock, for themselves and the GM and then complain you aren’t working hard enough, rules are followed only when the ROM, RD, or higher are in the office. Your told “If you don’t like what I’m saying to you, you know where the door is, good luck finding a job in this economy” by Management. Business rules and processes apply to all but management. Management that may have been good techs at one time, but have no idea how to actually manage. The don’t mess with my bonus and or incentive or else attitude. The worse thing, managers that tell each other off (behind the back) don’t show each other respect, FSM’s IM and GM that show no respect for the ROM, RD and higher (unless they are standing there) and do this in front of the employees but demand that you show them respect. No job satisfaction and zero chance for advancement.

Advice to Management

The complacency of the FSM’s an IM (the GM is just an idiot!) Is terrible. They are so arrogant that they don’t even worry about their unprofessional behaviors. Advise: move them around to different offices in the CAR, or even the days of the week they work, changing the teams. Rock the boat and wake them up!! Even better, put them back in the field and hire managers that know how to manage.

"management lies and speculations!"

Former Employee - FSS I in Tigard, OR
    Former Employee - FSS I in Tigard, OR

I worked at DISH full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The days off (3 in a row), and the fact the pay was decent, the actual techs where a joy to work with also.

Cons

I was working at Dish Network from 2006 through 2009, and for the most part I actually liked the company and the management. I was let go in 2009 over a MVR (Motor Vehicle Record) , I was informed by the Gm at the time that they where very sad to have to let me go... I understood i was the one who had received the ticket, but when my record was clear that they would put me first on there list for a hire back so i waited and waited until my record cleared and finally i received a call from the recruiter stating that I had an Interview with them...and I informed the Installation manager that i had a interview with him and it was on a Tuesday, well I was so excited about the opportunity to be able to interview with them and happy cause the economy is rough and I really needed the job the day before my interview I received another call from the recruiter the day before saying that the job was filled and that I would be first in line for the next on, when i asked the recruiter if she talked to the IM she told me that he was the one who canceled the interview after knowing I needed the job and was the most experienced tech in all the interviews I now work for Directv whom are always true to there word .

Advice to Management

Your management in Tigard Oregon is in shambles they have no people skills that will help there employees because they are scared of loosing there jobs. scared of the west coast manager and upper senior management.

7. "Management could careless about the techs"

Current Employee - FSS IV in Tigard, OR
    Current Employee - FSS IV in Tigard, OR

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The only pro I can think of is I get a check from them every other week which always clears.

Cons

The management at the Tigard, OR location could careless about helping the techs. If you are having an issue at a job site don't call management because it's a waste of time! Either they don't know how to help because they haven't worked in the field for so long or they are to busy doing "safety checks". Safety checks consist of, atleast with my manager, handing me a stack of papers to sign and my manager then saying he will fill it out later and then driving off. The Installation Manager at our shop has no people skills whatsoever. He constantly curses at techs in the shop and treats new hires like crap. I reported this to HR in the past, but nothing was ever done. He is a arrogant piece of crap. A tech in our shop who was fired about six months ago was let go because his CSAT score, which is a customer survey that every customer must take after the tech leaves there home, was lower than what they thought it should be. Management wants you to average a 9.75 on your CSAT. He got fired because he was averaging a 9.6!!! His other numbers were good and he had been working for Dish for almost 5 years! Long story short, Dish Network will lie and stab you in the back as soon as they get a chance!

Advice to Management

Fire the idiots who run the Tigard, OR shop and bring in new ones. This time around you should actually train these guys and maybe they should be respectfully towards other employees.

Showing 6 of 3,339 reviews