DISH "free tv" Reviews | Glassdoor

DISH Employee Reviews about "free tv"

Updated Oct 1, 2019

2.9
DISH CEO W. Erik Carlson
W. Erik Carlson
Pros
  • "Great work days/hours, pay is good, advancement is good(in 200 reviews)

• "(in 169 reviews)

Reviews about "free tv"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great laid back work environment"

I have been working at DISH full-time

Pros

Good pay, time off, Free TV

Cons

Night time work and rotating shifts

DISH2018-01-14
  2. "Great company!"

Current Employee - Call Center Supervisor in Wyoming, WV

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Outlook Salary Free tv Working from home

Cons

None that I have found yet

DISH2019-10-02
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

"High turnover"

Former Employee - Technician Level4 in Columbia, MO

I worked at DISH full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Remote technician means no commute. Helping people is satisfying. Free tv is nice. Good job if you’re hard working w high school diploma, clean driving record, no felonies.

Cons

Dish is transforming a tech job into a sales job. Performance expectations are very high. Long hours. This is a shrinking business.

Advice to Management

Management doesn’t take advise, be warned.

DISH2019-08-11

"Listen To Your Employees And Pay More!"

Current Employee - Field Resource Coordinator in Roseland, NJ

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

4 day work week, free television, discounted stock purchase option.

Cons

Bad, expensive health insurance. Bad pay, the company requires a bachelors degree, but pay only starts at $18 an hour. Minimal pay yearly increases, management will nitpick on performance reviews to keep it this way and overtime has also been cut. Upper management is out of touch with lower level employees and acts without planning while hoping for the best outcome. Local management tries & does their best but... aren't given much to work with from management above them. Also no paid sick days, we have to use PTO to get paid for being out sick.

Advice to Management

Cut costs elsewhere, not on your employees dime. You are losing great employees, specifically in the field and the Roseland RRC, because they are overworked and underpaid.

DISH2019-07-13

"Mentally stressful"

Former Employee - Dr Dish -Remote in Christiansburg, VA

I worked at DISH full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Working from home and free TV programming

Cons

Unethical, manipulative, and dishonest when companies financial burdens arise!

Advice to Management

Don’t be dirty to earn an extra penny! Be understanding and considerate of your employees.

DISH2019-07-08

"A good short term job but not a good career."

Former Employee - T4 Representative in Christiansburg, VA

I worked at DISH full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Lots of training for different positions. Work from home opportunities. Free tv service.

Cons

Everything changes even the standards you're held to. Inconsistent internal policy enforcement. Job roles constantly piled on top of existing roles. high turnover of employees and coaches(supervisors).

Advice to Management

Make sure your supervisors have consistent training and understanding of the company policies when promoting and management turnover would not be so high. Treat your long time employees better.

DISH2019-06-23

"Live the nightmare then tell"

Former Employee - Apprentice Coach in Denver, CO

I worked at DISH full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Free TV if you like TV. I would never consider paying for this over priced TV that is out 50% of the time.

Cons

Benefits are horrible. Forced to push agents to meet impossible metrics, lie to them, SNOOP on them with the intent to find any mistakes, coach sessions are to demoralize the agent so they will feel threatened to not leave their workstation even for a bathroom break. Never recognized agents for any good performance because they will then stop working hard. Every coaching session is to make the agent feel... insecure. If they are meeting metrics, we must listen to every recorded call until we find something we can use against them. We even make them up because if we don't, our manager will tell us we are not trying hard enough. If we have anyone question or stand up for what's right, they are fired right away.

Advice to Management

None because they don't care. They have no integrity. They also do not care about customers and add fees to their account without their knowledge. Customers who have a receiver that doesn't record are now being charged a non-dvr fee of 7.00. CUSTOMERS you should get paper bills and stop auto pay IMMEDIATELY.

DISH2019-05-22

"Good while it lasted"

Current Employee - Director in Denver, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Denver Large company Tuition reimbursement Spectrum hopes "Free" TV

Cons

Lack of Opportunity Benefits - they need robots that will work without any real health benefits The "new" Parental policy is a joke...please read how they offer you that time off...pathetic effort by HR 401k - no real retirement possible and vesting period is long to make you dependent and desperate CPAW used as a cloak for everything bad Future is extremely uncertain - Spectrum plans may not work - it's a... gamble in a true sense People at Director/VP/SVP level are not advocates of employees but mere pawns for C level Unrealistic goals or expectations are set for people to fail - if you push back HR is a bystander watching your manager try to destroy your reputation Core hours and badge access is all about control No flexibility - work from home - trust goes both ways Forced to use PTO if you need a couple of hours for doctors appointment/other emergencies fresh undergrads and MBA grads are hired by over-selling "opportunity" only to fire them later Employees who work here more than 5- 7 years talk about feeling like being in a quicksand - they have invested so much of their career that they can't get out Favoritism over Talent/Skills is rampant - the leadership just can't accept it and think employees just like to complain Policies that were put in place in the 80s and 90s and will never change It's a slow but sure demise - streaming services and the fact that my Amazon fire stick/roku can do more than what a clunky satellite receiver can do No new products that will truly sell or make an impact Finally, they don't care about customers either but they have no choice to at least give the impression of caring to remain in business - customers are figuring out and leaving for far better options

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better

DISH2019-04-17

"Inability to Adapt Will Be Their Downfall"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Englewood, CO

I worked at DISH full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free TV Subscription Some good people that work there

Cons

No work from home, ever, including when there is feet of snow on the ground. There is a thing called the "Badge Report" that tracks what time you badge in and out of the building and your work is partially valued based on the number of hours you are physically in the building. Also if you come in after 9am (even with an excuse) it's a huge deal. The health care is terrible and if you need to use it because you... (or anyone in your family) has a medical condition or is pregnant you will spend upwards of $6000 so factor that into your salary negotiations. Maternity leave is 6 weeks paid at 60% and there is no paternity leave. You also have to use up all your PTO before that STD kicks in. Management is run by politics that you won't be able to decipher. If they like you, great, you will be given promotions and opportunities, if they don't, you won't understand why and will have no ability to change it. Overall the attitude of upper management is that you shouldn't be so "privileged" to want things like good health care, work from home, or a flexible schedule of any kind. Their inability to change and offer these things means that most talented people will eventually leave.

Advice to Management

Please offer things like work from home, better health care, maternity leave, and end the politics that control promotions and firings.

DISH2018-11-21
  11. "Product Owner"

Current Employee - Product Owner in Denver, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free TV and cafeteria is nice

Cons

No trust environment. Cheap when it matters, but spend money on things that don't.

DISH2018-11-21