Found 787 of over 1K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about DLA Piper
Got a burning question about DLA Piper? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with DLA Piper employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Plenty of people work long hours and get work done but efficiency would go way up with a tech overhaul" (in 45 reviews)
- "No work/life balance (depending on a group and season)" (in 26 reviews)
- "Also, management allows partners who generate revenue to get away with mistreating employees." (in 23 reviews)
- "late working hours;" (in 19 reviews)
- "Very high turnover amongst both professional and support staff." (in 12 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of DLA Piper and is not affected by filters.
- 4.0Sep 1, 2023LawyerFormer Employee, more than 10 yearsPalo Alto, CA
Talented lawyers Some great partners and teams that made work fun Great senior management in the office but did not always feel connected to senior management of the firm Interesting work Good infrastructure and technology to support lawyers
Too much emphasis on lateral partners that often were negative for culture and associates - though I have been told that the firm is trying to reverse this trend Sometimes firm felt too big and bureaucratic
- 4.0Oct 2, 2023Staff AttorneyCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearChicago, IL
Fairly Decent Firm - Easy to work with just about anyone in your practice group - just reach out.
Work-Life Balance is as expected at a big law firm.
- 5.0Jun 30, 2023Information TechnologyCurrent Employee
The companies tech space is growing fast so there is a lot of room for growth. Pay is great
The benefit package is middle of the road
DLA Piper Reviews FAQs
DLA Piper has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 1,056 reviews left anonymously by employees. 72% of employees would recommend working at DLA Piper to a friend and 68% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
72% of DLA Piper employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated DLA Piper 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.