DMA Reviews in Indianapolis, IN | Glassdoor

Indianapolis, IN

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Dave Meinika

Pros
  • Despite what other reviews may say, my work/life balance is good (hint: don't be lazy) (in 8 reviews)

• Being employee owned brings added value as well, value that's often under-appreciated (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • This position is work that gives the upper management bonuses (in 7 reviews)

• It has been difficult at times to observe a good work/life balance (in 4 reviews)

1. "Associate Analyst"

Current Employee - Associate Analyst in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Associate Analyst in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at DMA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company hires talent from within. Supportive, caring, knowledgeable management. Working hard is noticed and appreciated. Annual wage increase, full time m-f. Flexible hours.

Cons

Training is lacking.

"Senior Compliance Analyst"

I have been working at DMA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company overall is not a bad place to be. The pay is ok and the benefits are good. It's a good starter job.

Cons

Management is backed 100% even when they are wrong. Management is not interested in truly hearing the concerns of the employees.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. Without the hard work of your employees then you don't have a company. When employees bring concerns to your attention give them proper consideration.

3. "A Very Mediocre Tax Job"

Former Employee - Compliance in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Compliance in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at DMA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you are a recent grad or have a financial background and would like to learn about tax this is a wonderful opportunity. Also, for an entry level position the pay is really good. They do promote from within but if you aren't on the "good side" of the "right people" it will take you much, much longer.

Cons

There is a high volume of turnover due people being burnt out after the 1st or 2nd year. There is absolutely no incentive to stay. There is an inconsistency when selecting for a promotion. The selection seems to be favoritism as opposed to senority or performance based. The moral is terrible and everyone looks out for themselves. Camaraderie almost seems to be discouraged. Benefits package is decent, not the best but not the worst either. There are also inconsistencies & lack of communication from dept to dept. Everyone is not treated equal.

Advice to Management

There is a lot of unfairness and there should be more consistent processes put in place.

"Compliance Analyst"

Current Employee - Compliance Analyst in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at DMA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule. You're not micromanaged, the job is constantly changing. From January to May you can increase your salary by working over time.

Cons

Management lacks communication skills. They have their favorites and it's noticeable. The lack of formal training when hiring in. Upper management lacking the ability to take responsibility for mistakes that are partly theirs too. The raises aren't consistent.

"Good"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

Friendly coworkers. Good location. Good pay

Cons

No training Some have to work long hours depending what area you're in

"Great company"

I have been working at DMA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are reasonably priced compared to other companies.
    If you work hard, your efforts will be rewarded.

Cons

Upper management is a bit of an "old boys network".

Advice to Management

Bonus pool needs to include more employees.

8. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at DMA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

DMA is an excellent company to work for. If you are willing to put in the work and do what you are expected to do the company will take care of you. I have worked at DMA for nearly four years and I have had plenty of chances to grow professionally, and I have earned three promotions in my time here. I am not a suck up to the "bosses" as many people have stated in their reviews, I simply show up to work do what I need to do and it is recognized.

Cons

The number one negative thing about DMA is the hours can be long and the work can be stressful. We work hard but also have a good time together.

Advice to Management

I would be careful of the information gaps, as many times with a company this size and a relatively young work force the rumor mill can be detrimental to the overall morale.

"Stable, family oriented company with long-term and high values that have a proven track record of success."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

Business culture that is family oriented at the core. Solid benefits, job flexibility, and promotion opportunities are steady. Company continues to look for growth both in existing business model and new areas of tax consulting. Compensation is competitive to start but has high ceiling of incentives with the right focus and drive. Great company if you want to work with great professionals who can balance business with company camaraderie. Several 10 plus year employees on board which further displays the stability of this company.

Cons

Job does require travel, planning/scheduling and has forced deadlines that can be a strain if not properly prioritized. Communication is a very important skill to have to effectively work within a team or lead a team in this company.

Advice to Management

Management has been very solid through the years with a solid core group that has been around 15 plus years. Interjecting the future leadership seems to be a need moving forward. We are building that depth/foundation in the service sector, but do not see that happening at the high management level.

"A great place to kick start your career"

I have been working at DMA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great thing about working at DMA is the Flex time, vacation time, the competitive pay, the company outings which enhances your teamwork skills as well as shows appreciation and the management is friendly, helpful and encouraging. Also the ability to work independently without being micromanaged. I have no complaints; it was the best decision I've made thus far.

Cons

I'd prefer more hands on training for the people who learn by doing instead of reading.

Advice to Management

I think the Management team is great. my only advice would be to continue training and talking with staff and engaging them with feedback in the areas that are open for improvement. I totally love my manager and thankful that I am apart of her team.

11. "Interviewing for a job position"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at DMA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None so far researching for a job position with in the company as a Assocates Anaysta

Cons

Great beneifits and looking for traing, and office culture and returning to school.