DMA Reviews in Indianapolis, IN | Glassdoor

Indianapolis, IN

3.6
Dave Meinika

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Despite what other reviews may say, my work/life balance is good (hint: don't be lazy) (in 9 reviews)

• Being employee owned brings added value as well, value that's often under-appreciated (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management switches hierarchy every two years (in 9 reviews)

• Expect to work extremely long hours if your salaried employee (in 3 reviews)

1. "Tax Associate"

Former Employee - Tax Associate in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Tax Associate in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at DMA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Small company that allows for movement within if you wish to change line of work.

Cons

Not a lot of direction for someone trying to learn new skills or change line of work.

"Associate Analyst"

Current Employee - Associate Analyst in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at DMA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Independent work style, good people, great clients.

Cons

Growing quickly and going through growing pains. Management does not receive training on management. Lack of flex time following busy season.

Advice to Management

The pay scale and vacation scale needs upgrading. You are losing good people because the basic vacation day and pay scale schedule is much less then your competitors.

"Senior Compliance Analyst"

I have been working at DMA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company overall is not a bad place to be. The pay is ok and the benefits are good. It's a good starter job.

Cons

Management is backed 100% even when they are wrong. Management is not interested in truly hearing the concerns of the employees.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. Without the hard work of your employees then you don't have a company. When employees bring concerns to your attention give them proper consideration.

4. "Associate Analyst"

I have been working at DMA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company hires talent from within. Supportive, caring, knowledgeable management. Working hard is noticed and appreciated. Annual wage increase, full time m-f. Flexible hours.

Cons

Training is lacking.

"Compliance Analyst"

Current Employee - Compliance Analyst in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at DMA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule. You're not micromanaged, the job is constantly changing. From January to May you can increase your salary by working over time.

Cons

Management lacks communication skills. They have their favorites and it's noticeable. The lack of formal training when hiring in. Upper management lacking the ability to take responsibility for mistakes that are partly theirs too. The raises aren't consistent.

"Good"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

Friendly coworkers. Good location. Good pay

Cons

No training Some have to work long hours depending what area you're in

"Great company"

I have been working at DMA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are reasonably priced compared to other companies.
    If you work hard, your efforts will be rewarded.

Cons

Upper management is a bit of an "old boys network".

Advice to Management

Bonus pool needs to include more employees.

8. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at DMA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

DMA is an excellent company to work for. If you are willing to put in the work and do what you are expected to do the company will take care of you. I have worked at DMA for nearly four years and I have had plenty of chances to grow professionally, and I have earned three promotions in my time here. I am not a suck up to the "bosses" as many people have stated in their reviews, I simply show up to work do what I need to do and it is recognized.

Cons

The number one negative thing about DMA is the hours can be long and the work can be stressful. We work hard but also have a good time together.

Advice to Management

I would be careful of the information gaps, as many times with a company this size and a relatively young work force the rumor mill can be detrimental to the overall morale.

"Stable, family oriented company with long-term and high values that have a proven track record of success."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

Business culture that is family oriented at the core. Solid benefits, job flexibility, and promotion opportunities are steady. Company continues to look for growth both in existing business model and new areas of tax consulting. Compensation is competitive to start but has high ceiling of incentives with the right focus and drive. Great company if you want to work with great professionals who can balance business with company camaraderie. Several 10 plus year employees on board which further displays the stability of this company.

Cons

Job does require travel, planning/scheduling and has forced deadlines that can be a strain if not properly prioritized. Communication is a very important skill to have to effectively work within a team or lead a team in this company.

Advice to Management

Management has been very solid through the years with a solid core group that has been around 15 plus years. Interjecting the future leadership seems to be a need moving forward. We are building that depth/foundation in the service sector, but do not see that happening at the high management level.

"A great place to kick start your career"

I have been working at DMA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great thing about working at DMA is the Flex time, vacation time, the competitive pay, the company outings which enhances your teamwork skills as well as shows appreciation and the management is friendly, helpful and encouraging. Also the ability to work independently without being micromanaged. I have no complaints; it was the best decision I've made thus far.

Cons

I'd prefer more hands on training for the people who learn by doing instead of reading.

Advice to Management

I think the Management team is great. my only advice would be to continue training and talking with staff and engaging them with feedback in the areas that are open for improvement. I totally love my manager and thankful that I am apart of her team.