DMC Atlanta Account Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Account Manager

4.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Adam Dorfman

Pros
  • Fun culture and work environment (in 11 reviews)

• The best thing, in my opinion, is that my hard work was always rewarded, always (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • long hours to get where you want to be in life go put your name tag back on (in 11 reviews)

• Hard work and determination will not go unnoticed here (in 10 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"This is the best opportunity I have seen"

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at DMC Atlanta full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is an unlimited amount of potential here. This company will push you to improve in every aspect of your life and groom you to be successful in business. The CEO and all of the team members understand that becoming a business owner is not everyone's dream. They will work with you regardless of your long term plans to help you achieve what you need to hit your career goals. DMC gives extensive training on sales, training/developing others, becoming a better leader, having a winning mentality, and management skills.

Cons

We work very hard and strive to improve every day by setting high standards. The atmosphere and expectations are great for many people but intimidating to those who are not used to it. These aren't technically "cons" but it is something good to know before starting in the company. There is a lot of driving however, there are bonuses available and of course tax write offs.

Advice to Management

Continue to be transparent with your team members and to everyone interviewing for the company. I always know what to expect and have had help from the beginning with planning my next step.

Dec 27, 2016 – President

WOW! This is so awesome to hear. We will do everything we can to keep pushing our team to reach their maximum potential!

"Gain Transferable Skills AND Like Who You Work With - Yes, Please"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at DMC Atlanta full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I loved working at DMC Atlanta for a lot of reasons. The main reason was all that I learned and how much I was encouraged to push myself further than I had done before, or really thought that I could do. The people are great and so supportive. The corporate culture is geared toward learning the foundations of business and leadership. While there, I learned sales and business development skills, communication skills, public speaking skills, time management, financial management, etc. The best thing, in my opinion, is that my hard work was always rewarded, always. Overall my biggest lesson that I take with me is that I learned how to be more resilient when things didn't go the way I expected them to go. Which is incredibly valuable as now I run my own company using many of the skills that I acquired with DMC. I'm grateful that training programs such as DMC's exist and that as long as you're putting in the work personally and professionally, you'll do well.

Cons

On the flip side of, if you put in the work, your hard work and dedication will be rewarded, it's tough to do that all the time. I have seen many people struggle when they make poor decisions, myself included, and that's rather difficult because DMC holds you accountable for your mistakes.

Advice to Management

Thank you for honoring what you say you'll do, keep it up.

Aug 31, 2016 – President

As a former employee, thank you for taking the time to let people know how you felt about your time with us. We know that, for some people, this is a stop on their way to something else and not a ... More

"DMC Atlanta"

Former Employee - Entry Level Account Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Entry Level Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Great work culture. The workplace is very energetic, positive, and freindly

Cons

They are very misleading with their pay schedule. They make it seem too good to be true, and thats exactly what it is

Advice to Management

Be more clear about what the pay schedule and work is really like.

Dec 24, 2016 – President

Thank you for the positive comments about the culture! I am concerned where there was confusion over the pay schedule? When we hire someone, we go through paperwork that every team member signs ... More

"Hard Work Does Not Go Unnoticed"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Awesome people at all levels of the company- an overall organization that turns co-workers into family. While being new to the Atlanta area when I started, I went from knowing 1-2 people, to having an abundance of people to enjoy my time with. Pro is the work/life balance. Its awesome that we often leave the office after work and go hang out for happy hour or at Top Golf.

Cons

This is job is not for lazy individuals. If you are not willing to put in the effort, you will not make it far. But I do promise, if you work hard, you will play hard. Hard work and determination will not go unnoticed here.

Advice to Management

You are running an awesome company and creating a lot of opportunities for hard working people.

Aug 17, 2016 – President

What a great thing to wake up to this morning! We are so glad you are enjoying your time at DMC and love that you believe in our WHY - that hard work and a willingness to grow and change will pay ... More

"Decent place, wouldn't stay there the whole way though"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Dunwoody, GA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Dunwoody, GA

I have been working at DMC Atlanta (More than a year)

Pros

Most people are helpful if you ask for help.

Job is straight forward and everything in fairly transparent.

Draw vs. commission, which is explained.

If you stick it out possible 1 year or 3 (who knows with all the uncontrollables?), you could be making six figures at a young age, assuming your have zero social life at the time and want to put 300k miles on your car.

Cons

CEO can be a hot-head and suddenly nice the next day. Most other people in the company are very nice however.

Long drives (upwards of 1.5 hours) to your ACTUAL work place (Walmart), with zero compensation.

Installers can be lazy and can screw over your paychecks even though you work your rear end off and should have an amazing paycheck. Get paid on installs, not on sales. Too many uncontrollables with installs.

Promotion withing the company uncontrolled as well. Could have a new hire doing amazing then something happen and he/she quits.

Office kool-aid that is fairly unnecessary. Don't need to read self-help books. Honestly, I'm not depressed, but others in the office might be, who knows. I want to work and make money, not stand around and hear self-help speeches. Overall, wasting time that could be spent in the field making money.

Advice to Management

Apply to NX Direct. Nelson is way more down to earth with his employees, and NX gets way more interviewees.

May 17, 2016 – President

I appreciate you taking the time to write the review. I think everyone has things that they need to work on, and I am aware that I need to work on being more "down to earth" and less of a "hot ... More

"Draw vs. commision / Sell in Wallmart"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Young environment, they encourage you to read a lot of self-help books

Cons

I worked for this company for a couple of months and it was a very unpleasant experience
    1. The interview is very misleading and they leave out a lot of information. I do not recommend it.
    2. It's a draw system versus commission. They tell you at first that you get paid $300 for the first week of training, but I started on a Saturday and I only got paid for that day. After that, if you don't sell you're in the draw system which means you owe them money if you don't meet your minimum. When you exceed your minimum, they take some of that money back to make up for the draw.
    3. I asked about the first week of being considered as the training period, but they said it was my problem I decided to start on a Saturday. Essentially, I didn't get a training period and was immediately put into the draw system, so I started out at a deficit by my second day.
    4. They assign you every day to a different Wal-mart that can be located anywhere within Georgia. That means that you will most likely have to drive at least an hour or two outside of the city to your assigned location (Winder, Cleveland, Newnan, etc) and then an hour or two back home. Of course, you only get paid for sales, so you aren't paid for this time.
    5. You also have to pay for your own gas and mileage on your car. You can write it off on your taxes at the end of the year, but it's still a loss.
    6. Work schedule: Thursday to Monday. It can be a little annoying always working on the weekends. You miss out on most social activities that typical Mon-Fri people normally enjoy. You have to work extra hours sometimes to make sales and just from driving back and forth to your assigned location. This can easily average 50-60 hours per week.
    7. Road trips: in order to make more money you have to go on a week road trip where they provide the hotel. They are usually the cheapest hotels so naturally they are mostly unsafe and dirty. You have to sleep in the same bed with your co-worker.
    8. If you already have sales experience, you won't learn anything new.
    9. They are very good at marketing and getting everyone to drink the Kool-Aid. Most people don't take the time to actually figure out how much money they're really making per hour with all costs considered.
    10. No benefits: no 401K, no paid vacation, no health insurance

Advice to Management

Please be clear from the beginning about everything and invest more in your employees.

Jan 21, 2016 – President

We usually start our DMC Atlanta Review Responses with thanking someone for their review feedback, but we've noticed a trend, so we will switch up the DMC Atlanta review format and offer some new ... More

"Recent Graduate with a Bright Future... Feels like I hit the jackpot with this company"

Current Intern - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Intern - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at DMC Atlanta as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I just recently graduated college, and didn't have a ton of experience in the professional world. DMC Atlanta gave me a chance to prove my self. I love the fact that all of my hard work is being recognized and rewarded. If I perform and do my job well then I am going to get an opportunity to climb the ladder.

Cons

Starting Entry Level was difficult. Especially, because I had never done anything like this before. However, the training is immaculate in this company, and everyone (including the President) cares about your success and will give you 100% as long as you do the same.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Looking forward to a long and lucrative career with you!

"Management Training Program to Account Manager"

Former Employee - Former Account Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Former Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Positive, optimistic work environment. Very driven employees who are always willing to help. Your future is literally in your hands with great opportunities for advancement and team building.

Cons

Very high turnover rate of over qualified employees. Long hours to little pay. Working from 9am to 8pm-10pm for their fully commission positions isn't worth it. Company does not reimburse travel costs, gas, food, etc but does provide hotel when traveling.

Advice to Management

Form a closer relationship with HR. The interview process isn't very competitive but HR does not really inform you on what the positions truly entail.

Jun 19, 2015 – President

Thank you for taking the time to give us this feedback. I do need to clarify a few things: 1. Our hours are not 9 am to 10 pm. They are 8 hour days. 2. The position is not fully-commission - there ... More

"Growth, opportunity, and fun!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

Pros

I came to DMC Atlanta ready leave the world of working a 9-5 "job" with glass ceilings. The opportunity to succeed based on my hard work and willingness to go the extra mile originally drew me to working with DMC, but getting to know the people and the company took it so much further than that. The atmosphere of positivity, energy, and a genuine desire for the success of everyone within the team makes coming to work something I actually look forward to! The relationships that I have formed with my coworkers have, and continue, to help me grow both professionally and personally. I Learn and practice skills on a daily basis that help me reach my goals in business and outside relationships. DMC provides all the "tools" necessary for each team member to build their success.

Cons

While some people may consider working hard a con, I am personally glad to be a part of a company that does not reward laziness, lack of integrity, or negativity. If getting something for nothing is your line of thinking, this would not be a good fit for you.

Advice to Management

No advice per say, just gratitude for providing an opportunity for growth-minded development.

Mar 12, 2015 – President

Wow! What an awesome review. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with our company!

"Fantastic Company Culture"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at DMC Atlanta full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

With my passion for sales and marketing and having a major in Business Management, I was looking for a career that not only gave me the growth and opportunity I wanted, but also a friendly atmosphere. After going through a process of multiple interviews and gaining a position at DMC Atlanta, I quickly learned that with the mixture between the strong company culture, sales/marketing, and the opportunity for growth into management was in my own hands, I had finally found my career path I was looking for. Couldn't have asked for a better opportunity!

Cons

Cant think of a single thing!

Advice to Management

Adapt to change, stay consistently hungry to learning new things everyday, and work as hard as you possibly can, the growth and success will follow.

Apr 15, 2015 – President

Thanks so much for this review! We work hard to enjoy our successes along the way but maintain hunger and never become complacent! Keep up the great work!