DMC Atlanta Account Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Account Manager

3.8
Adam Dorfman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Huge opportunity to grow your business, amazing work environment, everyone is there to help you grow not to work against you (in 12 reviews)

• It's done the right way, where hard work is actually recognized and rewarded (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • long hours to get where you want to be in life go put your name tag back on (in 11 reviews)

• This can result in hard work not being compensated by factors out of your control (in 10 reviews)

"Best Place to Work at"

Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at DMC Atlanta full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I started at a little over two months ago and the amount of change I have seen in my life in tremendous.
    If you are looking for an opportunity to grow professionally and also personally DMC Atlanta is the place to work at.
    I have learned more about business and people in the past two month at DMC Atlanta than the whole first year of my MBA degree. This is definitely the best hands on experience anyone who is interested in business can have.
    The company culture is definitely one of the strongest assets we have, the amount of support and constant coaching and training we get is amazing.
    If you are a hard working person and you think it is not fair for you to earn the same salary as the person next to you in the office just because you put a lot more effort in, then this is the place you wanna work at, simply because this is a merit base business and you get what you put in!
    Bottom line : having a great student mentality and work ethic can make you a business owner!

Cons

If you are looking for a 9-5 job behind the desk this is not for you.

Advice to Management

You are doing great things, this is definitely a people helping people business. Thanks for the tremendous support. I could not ask for a a better opportunity.

Aug 16, 2017 – President

Thank you very much for the kind words! We agree - this is only right for someone if they want to work hard and maximize their potential!

2. "May be the right fit for someone else"

I worked at DMC Atlanta full-time

Pros

Great coworkers. High energy work environment.

Cons

Hard to balance work and personal life. No benefits.

Advice to Management

The one thing I wish had been covered during my interview was transportation and the possibility of traveling an hour from the office to the retail center. The commute to the office plus additional driving time just wasn't possible for me.

Sep 20, 2017

Hey, Reviewer.

We really appreciate the insight into your time here at DMC Atlanta and the balance you put into your review. We, too, think our team members are great and create the high-energy... More

"eh.."

Former Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at DMC Atlanta full-time (More than a year)

Pros

you get to meet some good people

Cons

Pay, no installs, wasted office time, no pay for travel, dress standards too high per compensation. You will stand in Walmart all day bothering people.

Advice to Management

stop sharing an office with another company. Dont force your underpaid employees to goto team events they have to pay for. lower your dress code suits are for 100k/yr not 30k/yr.

Aug 14, 2017 – President

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I would love a chance to go over this in person if you'd be willing to speak with me about it. Adam@dmcatlanta.com is my direct email.

I will clarify a... More

"Best opportunity for growth"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at DMC Atlanta full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Major opportunity to grow both personally and professionally. The company teaches people how to be a better leader and how to run their own business.

Cons

The only challenge is personal growth. This isn't a "con" for most people. The company will definitely push you to perform at a high level and be the best version of yourself every day. Some people like to slack off sometimes and don't enjoy high standards. If you don't want to be pushed or challenged, this isn't for you.

Advice to Management

Continue being open about expectations and ways to grow. I love knowing exactly where I stand and what I need to do to get better.

Jun 21, 2017 – President

Thank you for this! We know we expect a LOT from our team members. We always want to grow and to provide opportunity, and the ONLY way we can do that is to hold our team to high standards where... More

"Do your research"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at DMC Atlanta full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This job opened my eyes, in that I now do so much research before taking any job. The only positive thing I would say is that this will give a reference and experience in sales other than that you are working minimum wage at best.

Cons

Managers do not have the skill set nor the desire for there employees to be successful. To say that this is a scam would not be true, but it comes very close.

YOU ARE ONLY PAID FOR SELLS
    This is fine however this point is not explained in the beginning. All they do is say what you will make in the future if this get your own store.
    Also there is out of state travel for which NO EXPENSES ARE PAID

I cannot say this enough do your research.

Advice to Management

Please be honest to your candidates about all aspects of your company. I would suggest a detailed written explanation of payment structure. Also please provide some type of compensation for travel. And finally stop talking about how much money you have and help your employees.

Jun 20, 2017 – President

Going to respond to this fairly quickly, as it is blatantly untrue. If you would like a detailed explanation of the pay structure, please swing by the office and we will make you a copy of the... More

"Unprofessional"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at DMC Atlanta full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoy the morning atmosphere and strong company culture. The business practices taught by DMC is incredible beneficial and helps to set the standard of how a company should be run.

Cons

Terrible work/life balance that really consumes and overwhelms most people, with little return on investment. Only really a good opportunity if you want to be a manager.
    Frankly, if you have a college degree, you can do exponentially better than DMC.

Advice to Management

Absolutely amazing members of management, except for the owner, ironically.

May 30, 2017 – President

I am so sorry to hear that you don't like working with us and that I have done something to upset you. I would love the opportunity to sit down and discuss what we can do to improve your experience... More

"Leadership is key!"

Former Employee - Account Manager

Pros

Great opportunity to grow professionally!

Cons

Retail schedule could be the only downside

Apr 20, 2017 – President

Thank you!!

"DMC Atlanta"

Former Employee - Entry Level Account Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Entry Level Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Great work culture. The workplace is very energetic, positive, and freindly

Cons

They are very misleading with their pay schedule. They make it seem too good to be true, and thats exactly what it is

Advice to Management

Be more clear about what the pay schedule and work is really like.

Dec 24, 2016 – President

Thank you for the positive comments about the culture!

I am concerned where there was confusion over the pay schedule? When we hire someone, we go through paperwork that every team member signs... More

"My Experience witg DMC"

Current Employee - Account Manager

Pros

DMC Atlanta provides hands on training in every aspect of their company to develop an individual in a leadership position.

Cons

Do not any cons towards the company, great excitement and advancement opportunities.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing

Oct 5, 2016

Thanks for the kind words! Please make sure to come in and speak with myself regularly so I can make sure you are getting all the help you need!

"Gain Transferable Skills AND Like Who You Work With - Yes, Please"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at DMC Atlanta full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I loved working at DMC Atlanta for a lot of reasons. The main reason was all that I learned and how much I was encouraged to push myself further than I had done before, or really thought that I could do. The people are great and so supportive. The corporate culture is geared toward learning the foundations of business and leadership. While there, I learned sales and business development skills, communication skills, public speaking skills, time management, financial management, etc. The best thing, in my opinion, is that my hard work was always rewarded, always. Overall my biggest lesson that I take with me is that I learned how to be more resilient when things didn't go the way I expected them to go. Which is incredibly valuable as now I run my own company using many of the skills that I acquired with DMC. I'm grateful that training programs such as DMC's exist and that as long as you're putting in the work personally and professionally, you'll do well.

Cons

On the flip side of, if you put in the work, your hard work and dedication will be rewarded, it's tough to do that all the time. I have seen many people struggle when they make poor decisions, myself included, and that's rather difficult because DMC holds you accountable for your mistakes.

Advice to Management

Thank you for honoring what you say you'll do, keep it up.

Aug 31, 2016 – President

As a former employee, thank you for taking the time to let people know how you felt about your time with us. We know that, for some people, this is a stop on their way to something else and not a... More