DMC Atlanta Reviews in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

Atlanta, GA Area

3.8
Adam Dorfman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Huge opportunity to grow your business, amazing work environment, everyone is there to help you grow not to work against you (in 12 reviews)

• It's done the right way, where hard work is actually recognized and rewarded (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • long hours to get where you want to be in life go put your name tag back on (in 11 reviews)

• This can result in hard work not being compensated by factors out of your control (in 10 reviews)

"Great Career"

Current Employee - Acct Manager in Dunwoody, GA
    Current Employee - Acct Manager in Dunwoody, GA

I have been working at DMC Atlanta full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Atmosphere is awesome. Always excited about going to work. Hangout and spending quality time with co-workers and managers. Opportunity to meet and talk to successful people who worked their way from Entry level to Management. The fact that i can make as much money i can willing i put in the work.

Cons

I think the downside is losing the amazing coworkers you meet if you leave.

Advice to Management

Keep finding many ways to make the Acct managers earn more for themselves.

Jun 21, 2017 – President

Thank you so much for the kind words! We pride ourselves on our culture. We want people to love working here, and we push our team to outperform their own expectations! Please keep us posted on... More

"eh.."

Former Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at DMC Atlanta full-time (More than a year)

Pros

you get to meet some good people

Cons

Pay, no installs, wasted office time, no pay for travel, dress standards too high per compensation. You will stand in Walmart all day bothering people.

Advice to Management

stop sharing an office with another company. Dont force your underpaid employees to goto team events they have to pay for. lower your dress code suits are for 100k/yr not 30k/yr.

Aug 14, 2017 – President

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I would love a chance to go over this in person if you'd be willing to speak with me about it. Adam@dmcatlanta.com is my direct email.

I will clarify a... More

"Best opportunity for growth"

I have been working at DMC Atlanta full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Major opportunity to grow both personally and professionally. The company teaches people how to be a better leader and how to run their own business.

Cons

The only challenge is personal growth. This isn't a "con" for most people. The company will definitely push you to perform at a high level and be the best version of yourself every day. Some people like to slack off sometimes and don't enjoy high standards. If you don't want to be pushed or challenged, this isn't for you.

Advice to Management

Continue being open about expectations and ways to grow. I love knowing exactly where I stand and what I need to do to get better.

Jun 21, 2017 – President

Thank you for this! We know we expect a LOT from our team members. We always want to grow and to provide opportunity, and the ONLY way we can do that is to hold our team to high standards where... More

"So much hands on experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dunwoody, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dunwoody, GA

I have been working at DMC Atlanta full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I feel as if I have learned more in my year and a half than I did through all of college. This company will help you develop yourself personally and professionally. Everyone that works here is super helpful at coaching and it's just a fun place to work!

Cons

I don't really have any cons. This company will get me to where I want to be as long as I work hard and take in as much as possible.

Advice to Management

Ya'll are awesome! I love working with you. Taking the dive with this company was one of the best decisions I've made.

Jun 16, 2017 – President

Wow - this is amazing to hear! We love the people on our team to LOVE working here. Please let us know how we can continue to help and support you through your learning and growth. -AD

"Do your research"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at DMC Atlanta full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This job opened my eyes, in that I now do so much research before taking any job. The only positive thing I would say is that this will give a reference and experience in sales other than that you are working minimum wage at best.

Cons

Managers do not have the skill set nor the desire for there employees to be successful. To say that this is a scam would not be true, but it comes very close.

YOU ARE ONLY PAID FOR SELLS
    This is fine however this point is not explained in the beginning. All they do is say what you will make in the future if this get your own store.
    Also there is out of state travel for which NO EXPENSES ARE PAID

I cannot say this enough do your research.

Advice to Management

Please be honest to your candidates about all aspects of your company. I would suggest a detailed written explanation of payment structure. Also please provide some type of compensation for travel. And finally stop talking about how much money you have and help your employees.

Jun 20, 2017 – President

Going to respond to this fairly quickly, as it is blatantly untrue. If you would like a detailed explanation of the pay structure, please swing by the office and we will make you a copy of the... More

"Unprofessional"

I have been working at DMC Atlanta full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoy the morning atmosphere and strong company culture. The business practices taught by DMC is incredible beneficial and helps to set the standard of how a company should be run.

Cons

Terrible work/life balance that really consumes and overwhelms most people, with little return on investment. Only really a good opportunity if you want to be a manager.
    Frankly, if you have a college degree, you can do exponentially better than DMC.

Advice to Management

Absolutely amazing members of management, except for the owner, ironically.

May 30, 2017 – President

I am so sorry to hear that you don't like working with us and that I have done something to upset you. I would love the opportunity to sit down and discuss what we can do to improve your experience... More

"Amazing company, left to take care of some personal things but hope to be back"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

I worked at DMC Atlanta full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Cons

Long hours but the truth is if can't handle long hours to get where you want to be in life go put your name tag back on

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work hope to see the company go up this year

Jan 20, 2017 – President

Thank you so much! We hope you are able to return soon.

"uhmm"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA

Pros

great personalities, very hopeful and upbeat

Cons

be upfront with pay
    waste of time

Jan 5, 2017 – President

Glad you enjoyed our personalities and that we are hopeful and upbeat! Sorry to hear that it was a "waste of time" for you. I'm hopeful for you that you can find something that is a better fit and... More

"DMC Atlanta"

Former Employee - Entry Level Account Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Entry Level Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Great work culture. The workplace is very energetic, positive, and freindly

Cons

They are very misleading with their pay schedule. They make it seem too good to be true, and thats exactly what it is

Advice to Management

Be more clear about what the pay schedule and work is really like.

Dec 24, 2016 – President

Thank you for the positive comments about the culture!

I am concerned where there was confusion over the pay schedule? When we hire someone, we go through paperwork that every team member signs... More

"Gain Transferable Skills AND Like Who You Work With - Yes, Please"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at DMC Atlanta full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I loved working at DMC Atlanta for a lot of reasons. The main reason was all that I learned and how much I was encouraged to push myself further than I had done before, or really thought that I could do. The people are great and so supportive. The corporate culture is geared toward learning the foundations of business and leadership. While there, I learned sales and business development skills, communication skills, public speaking skills, time management, financial management, etc. The best thing, in my opinion, is that my hard work was always rewarded, always. Overall my biggest lesson that I take with me is that I learned how to be more resilient when things didn't go the way I expected them to go. Which is incredibly valuable as now I run my own company using many of the skills that I acquired with DMC. I'm grateful that training programs such as DMC's exist and that as long as you're putting in the work personally and professionally, you'll do well.

Cons

On the flip side of, if you put in the work, your hard work and dedication will be rewarded, it's tough to do that all the time. I have seen many people struggle when they make poor decisions, myself included, and that's rather difficult because DMC holds you accountable for your mistakes.

Advice to Management

Thank you for honoring what you say you'll do, keep it up.

Aug 31, 2016 – President

As a former employee, thank you for taking the time to let people know how you felt about your time with us. We know that, for some people, this is a stop on their way to something else and not a... More