DMC Atlanta Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.1
Adam Dorfman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Huge opportunity to grow your business, amazing work environment, everyone is there to help you grow not to work against you (in 12 reviews)

• It's done the right way, where hard work is actually recognized and rewarded (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • long hours to get where you want to be in life go put your name tag back on (in 11 reviews)

• This can result in hard work not being compensated by factors out of your control (in 10 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Amazing company with amazing values"

I have been working at DMC Atlanta full-time

Pros

The people at DMC are unbelievably supportive, hard working and fun to be around. I love the values that are not only talked about, but backed with actions.
    Growth and advancement are earned and it is very fair because it is organic. It's done the right way, where hard work is actually recognized and rewarded.
    The training and mentoring provided is also A+. I have gained tremendous skills in communication, time management, public speaking, coaching and goal setting.
    I truly love the structure and environment. We have a lot of fun and always know what is expected. There are also endless resources for self improvement if I am not getting the results I desire.
    Bonuses, travel and competition are just icing on the cake in my book. There's always something cool going on, fun travel opportunities and things to push myself to compete for.

Cons

The biggest challenge for me was learning and understanding the importance of holding myself accountable. It took me a couple of weeks to look in the mirror and realize my results were because of my decisions, good and bad. I now realize that if I want to hit big goals, I have to have a mindset and work ethic that match them. Hard work always pays off here.

Advice to Management

Y'all are amazing. I learn something new everyday as a result of your selfless example of leadership and passion to help others succeed. Thank you for providing such a tremendous opportunity.

Jul 6, 2017

WOW - This is absolutely awesome! I love hearing this. You made our recruiting and management teams feel great today, and we appreciate it! Keep working hard!

2. "Great People"

I worked at DMC Atlanta full-time

Pros

Great training and the people there really to help each other. It's a great team and people take the time to help each other. Credit to Adam and the team for creating a great environment. These guys really do strive for you to succeed as long as you put the effort in and learn their very simple
    System.

Cons

While the schedule of Thurs - Monday was unfortunately a bad fit for the logistical side of my family etc which led to my personal decision to resign. I couldn't really find a con.

Advice to Management

Wishing you guys every continued success.

Nov 20, 2017 – President

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how we are doing! I know who wrote this, as you were awesome enough to express the same thing in my office yesterday. Good luck on the new... More

3. "May be the right fit for someone else"

Former Employee - Account Manager
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at DMC Atlanta full-time

Pros

Great coworkers. High energy work environment.

Cons

Hard to balance work and personal life. No benefits.

Advice to Management

The one thing I wish had been covered during my interview was transportation and the possibility of traveling an hour from the office to the retail center. The commute to the office plus additional driving time just wasn't possible for me.

Sep 20, 2017

Hey, Reviewer.

We really appreciate the insight into your time here at DMC Atlanta and the balance you put into your review. We, too, think our team members are great and create the high-energy... More

"Best Place to Work at"

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at DMC Atlanta full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I started at a little over two months ago and the amount of change I have seen in my life in tremendous.
    If you are looking for an opportunity to grow professionally and also personally DMC Atlanta is the place to work at.
    I have learned more about business and people in the past two month at DMC Atlanta than the whole first year of my MBA degree. This is definitely the best hands on experience anyone who is interested in business can have.
    The company culture is definitely one of the strongest assets we have, the amount of support and constant coaching and training we get is amazing.
    If you are a hard working person and you think it is not fair for you to earn the same salary as the person next to you in the office just because you put a lot more effort in, then this is the place you wanna work at, simply because this is a merit base business and you get what you put in!
    Bottom line : having a great student mentality and work ethic can make you a business owner!

Cons

If you are looking for a 9-5 job behind the desk this is not for you.

Advice to Management

You are doing great things, this is definitely a people helping people business. Thanks for the tremendous support. I could not ask for a a better opportunity.

Aug 16, 2017 – President

Thank you very much for the kind words! We agree - this is only right for someone if they want to work hard and maximize their potential!

"eh.."

Former Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at DMC Atlanta full-time (More than a year)

Pros

you get to meet some good people

Cons

Pay, no installs, wasted office time, no pay for travel, dress standards too high per compensation. You will stand in Walmart all day bothering people.

Advice to Management

stop sharing an office with another company. Dont force your underpaid employees to goto team events they have to pay for. lower your dress code suits are for 100k/yr not 30k/yr.

Aug 14, 2017 – President

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I would love a chance to go over this in person if you'd be willing to speak with me about it. Adam@dmcatlanta.com is my direct email.

I will clarify a... More

"Life Changing Experience"

Former Employee - President in Pensacola, FL
    Former Employee - President in Pensacola, FL

I worked at DMC Atlanta full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You worked with an amazing group of people who makes it their business to see that you succeed as long as you are putting forth the effort.

Cons

I got fired lol. I actually got promoted to Management and had the amazing opportunity to start my own business which meant I had to leave the team at DMC.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you guys are doing, there is a reason you guys are voted the Atlanta's Best and Brightest places to work year after year. Working at this company has changed my life in many ways and I couldn't be more grateful for the opportunity.

Jun 22, 2017 – President

I obviously know exactly who wrote this! Congrats on earning your opportunity and all of your growth and success! Keep rocking, and pay it forward, S.R.! - AD

"Great Career"

Current Employee - Acct Manager in Dunwoody, GA
    Current Employee - Acct Manager in Dunwoody, GA

I have been working at DMC Atlanta full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Atmosphere is awesome. Always excited about going to work. Hangout and spending quality time with co-workers and managers. Opportunity to meet and talk to successful people who worked their way from Entry level to Management. The fact that i can make as much money i can willing i put in the work.

Cons

I think the downside is losing the amazing coworkers you meet if you leave.

Advice to Management

Keep finding many ways to make the Acct managers earn more for themselves.

Jun 21, 2017 – President

Thank you so much for the kind words! We pride ourselves on our culture. We want people to love working here, and we push our team to outperform their own expectations! Please keep us posted on... More

"Best opportunity for growth"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at DMC Atlanta full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Major opportunity to grow both personally and professionally. The company teaches people how to be a better leader and how to run their own business.

Cons

The only challenge is personal growth. This isn't a "con" for most people. The company will definitely push you to perform at a high level and be the best version of yourself every day. Some people like to slack off sometimes and don't enjoy high standards. If you don't want to be pushed or challenged, this isn't for you.

Advice to Management

Continue being open about expectations and ways to grow. I love knowing exactly where I stand and what I need to do to get better.

Jun 21, 2017 – President

Thank you for this! We know we expect a LOT from our team members. We always want to grow and to provide opportunity, and the ONLY way we can do that is to hold our team to high standards where... More

"Good opportunity to grow"

I have been working at DMC Atlanta full-time

Pros

I like that I am excited to go into work everyday. Part of why I enjoy going to work is because everyone is positive and supportive, partly because I am always learning something, but also because I am on a pathway to grow in a company. The work is challenging, I don't get results unless I work for them, but there is a lot of experience and support to keep me focused.

Cons

This career path was very different from my previous jobs. It was challenging to learn new skill sets. DMC also is very good at holding people accountable- at first I wasn't used to being actively developed and engaged, but with time I have come to prefer it!

Advice to Management

I really like when we organize events outside of work- lets do more! Also, the work with Operation Smile is a lot of fun and I love the focus on giving back. Keep up the good work!

Jun 28, 2017 – President

Thank you so much for this feedback! We want everyone to love being a part of the team, and I am so happy that you do. Obviously accountability is huge, and it takes people a while to get used to... More

"Awesome personal and professional growth!"

Current Employee - Senior Corporate Trainer
    Current Employee - Senior Corporate Trainer

I have been working at DMC Atlanta full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have had the opportunity to work with various managers and the management team at DMC has helped me the most with my development. I've learned how to budget, time management, and teach those skills to others.

Cons

This isn't a regular clock in, clock out job. A strong work ethic is required. Any growth can only be seen if effort is put in.

Thank you so much for this!!! Please let me know if you need ANYTHING! - AD