DMC Atlanta Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Adam Dorfman

Pros
  • Fun culture and work environment (in 11 reviews)

• The best thing, in my opinion, is that my hard work was always rewarded, always (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • long hours to get where you want to be in life go put your name tag back on (in 11 reviews)

• Hard work and determination will not go unnoticed here (in 10 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"This is the best opportunity I have seen"

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at DMC Atlanta full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is an unlimited amount of potential here. This company will push you to improve in every aspect of your life and groom you to be successful in business. The CEO and all of the team members understand that becoming a business owner is not everyone's dream. They will work with you regardless of your long term plans to help you achieve what you need to hit your career goals. DMC gives extensive training on sales, training/developing others, becoming a better leader, having a winning mentality, and management skills.

Cons

We work very hard and strive to improve every day by setting high standards. The atmosphere and expectations are great for many people but intimidating to those who are not used to it. These aren't technically "cons" but it is something good to know before starting in the company. There is a lot of driving however, there are bonuses available and of course tax write offs.

Advice to Management

Continue to be transparent with your team members and to everyone interviewing for the company. I always know what to expect and have had help from the beginning with planning my next step.

Dec 27, 2016 – President

WOW! This is so awesome to hear. We will do everything we can to keep pushing our team to reach their maximum potential!

"Amazing company, left to take care of some personal things but hope to be back"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

I worked at DMC Atlanta full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Huge opportunity to grow your business, amazing work environment, everyone is there to help you grow not to work against you

Cons

Long hours but the truth is if can't handle long hours to get where you want to be in life go put your name tag back on

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work hope to see the company go up this year

Jan 20, 2017 – President

Thank you so much! We hope you are able to return soon.

"uhmm"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA

Pros

great personalities, very hopeful and upbeat

Cons

be upfront with pay
    waste of time

Jan 5, 2017 – President

Glad you enjoyed our personalities and that we are hopeful and upbeat! Sorry to hear that it was a "waste of time" for you. I'm hopeful for you that you can find something that is a better fit and ... More

"DMC Atlanta"

Former Employee - Entry Level Account Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Entry Level Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Great work culture. The workplace is very energetic, positive, and freindly

Cons

They are very misleading with their pay schedule. They make it seem too good to be true, and thats exactly what it is

Advice to Management

Be more clear about what the pay schedule and work is really like.

Dec 24, 2016 – President

Thank you for the positive comments about the culture! I am concerned where there was confusion over the pay schedule? When we hire someone, we go through paperwork that every team member signs ... More

"Gain Transferable Skills AND Like Who You Work With - Yes, Please"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at DMC Atlanta full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I loved working at DMC Atlanta for a lot of reasons. The main reason was all that I learned and how much I was encouraged to push myself further than I had done before, or really thought that I could do. The people are great and so supportive. The corporate culture is geared toward learning the foundations of business and leadership. While there, I learned sales and business development skills, communication skills, public speaking skills, time management, financial management, etc. The best thing, in my opinion, is that my hard work was always rewarded, always. Overall my biggest lesson that I take with me is that I learned how to be more resilient when things didn't go the way I expected them to go. Which is incredibly valuable as now I run my own company using many of the skills that I acquired with DMC. I'm grateful that training programs such as DMC's exist and that as long as you're putting in the work personally and professionally, you'll do well.

Cons

On the flip side of, if you put in the work, your hard work and dedication will be rewarded, it's tough to do that all the time. I have seen many people struggle when they make poor decisions, myself included, and that's rather difficult because DMC holds you accountable for your mistakes.

Advice to Management

Thank you for honoring what you say you'll do, keep it up.

Aug 31, 2016 – President

As a former employee, thank you for taking the time to let people know how you felt about your time with us. We know that, for some people, this is a stop on their way to something else and not a ... More

"Interview Candidate"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at DMC Atlanta full-time

Pros

The employees at DMC are AWESOME!!! I had a great experience during the interview process. This would be a great place to work. There are great opportunities to make lots of money. There is no cap on the money employees could possibly earn.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!

Cons

I really have no negative things to say about the company. If I were to find one thing some people may not be thrilled about is you are required to wear a shirt and tie. I understand why they have a professional dress code because they meet face-to-face with clients.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Aug 23, 2016 – President

Thank you for the kind words! I started with the company 14 years ago. My previous positions were teaching high school, working at bars, and playing music in clubs - so my initial impression was ... More

"Sales Partner"

Current Employee - Corporate Parter in Agoura Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Corporate Parter in Agoura Hills, CA

Pros

Working with the DMC Atlanta team has been a great experience in terms of collaboration, coaching and accountability. DMC Atlanta and it's employees are the upmost professional and are an example of hard working, personable and growth oriented people. The coaching that comes from the organization and the top performers is an asset to anyone who partners with the business.

Cons

It's very rewarding once you dedicate yourself to the hard work and long hours and adopt a anything is possible mentality!

Advice to Management

Coaching is the strongest asset. Work with your people on their "why" and focus on each individual's strengths.

Aug 30, 2016 – President

Thank you for this review! Please keep up the good work, and remember our door is open if you need anything or have suggestions on how to make things better!

"Hard Work Does Not Go Unnoticed"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Awesome people at all levels of the company- an overall organization that turns co-workers into family. While being new to the Atlanta area when I started, I went from knowing 1-2 people, to having an abundance of people to enjoy my time with. Pro is the work/life balance. Its awesome that we often leave the office after work and go hang out for happy hour or at Top Golf.

Cons

This is job is not for lazy individuals. If you are not willing to put in the effort, you will not make it far. But I do promise, if you work hard, you will play hard. Hard work and determination will not go unnoticed here.

Advice to Management

You are running an awesome company and creating a lot of opportunities for hard working people.

Aug 17, 2016 – President

What a great thing to wake up to this morning! We are so glad you are enjoying your time at DMC and love that you believe in our WHY - that hard work and a willingness to grow and change will pay ... More

"Account Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at DMC Atlanta full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In depth sales training, tons of networking opportunities, clear path for growth and professional development, healthy competition among managers

Cons

You put more money in then you get out of it, favoritism (a lot of managers shouldn't have been promoted)

Advice to Management

Focus not only on sales development but personal/professional development. Better measure the success/outcomes of the one on ones that you have your managers schedule, and hold people accountable

Aug 25, 2016 – President

Hello - thank you for taking the time to write this review. We appreciate that you enjoyed the training you received. I would love the opportunity to discuss where you felt there was favoritism ... More

"Job, not a career."

Former Employee - Entry Level in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Entry Level in Atlanta, GA

I worked at DMC Atlanta full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere, very friendly staff to work with.

Cons

Long hours standing in a retail location. Drive your personal vehicle to locations all over Georgia, without gas reimbursement. Oversaturated stores where different team members constantly work in the same store and it's hard to find people in need/want of your service.

Advice to Management

Better and more consistent training. Different trainers will tell you different, conflicting "training methods". Gas reimbursement would be nice.

Aug 22, 2016 – President

Thank you for taking the time to write this and for your kind words regarding our team and atmosphere! We do work at various locations throughout the city. The one point I would like to contend ... More