DMC Atlanta Reviews | Glassdoor

DMC Atlanta Reviews

Updated July 5, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Huge opportunity to grow your business, amazing work environment, everyone is there to help you grow not to work against you (in 11 reviews)

• It's done the right way, where hard work is actually recognized and rewarded (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • long hours to get where you want to be in life go put your name tag back on (in 11 reviews)

• This can result in hard work not being compensated by factors out of your control (in 10 reviews)

"Gain Transferable Skills AND Like Who You Work With - Yes, Please"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at DMC Atlanta full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I loved working at DMC Atlanta for a lot of reasons. The main reason was all that I learned and how much I was encouraged to push myself further than I had done before, or really thought that I could do. The people are great and so supportive. The corporate culture is geared toward learning the foundations of business and leadership. While there, I learned sales and business development skills, communication skills, public speaking skills, time management, financial management, etc. The best thing, in my opinion, is that my hard work was always rewarded, always. Overall my biggest lesson that I take with me is that I learned how to be more resilient when things didn't go the way I expected them to go. Which is incredibly valuable as now I run my own company using many of the skills that I acquired with DMC. I'm grateful that training programs such as DMC's exist and that as long as you're putting in the work personally and professionally, you'll do well.

Cons

On the flip side of, if you put in the work, your hard work and dedication will be rewarded, it's tough to do that all the time. I have seen many people struggle when they make poor decisions, myself included, and that's rather difficult because DMC holds you accountable for your mistakes.

Advice to Management

Thank you for honoring what you say you'll do, keep it up.

Aug 31, 2016 – President

As a former employee, thank you for taking the time to let people know how you felt about your time with us. We know that, for some people, this is a stop on their way to something else and not a... More

"Interview Candidate"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at DMC Atlanta full-time

Pros

The employees at DMC are AWESOME!!! I had a great experience during the interview process. This would be a great place to work. There are great opportunities to make lots of money. There is no cap on the money employees could possibly earn.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!

Cons

I really have no negative things to say about the company. If I were to find one thing some people may not be thrilled about is you are required to wear a shirt and tie. I understand why they have a professional dress code because they meet face-to-face with clients.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Aug 23, 2016 – President

Thank you for the kind words! I started with the company 14 years ago. My previous positions were teaching high school, working at bars, and playing music in clubs - so my initial impression was... More

"Sales Partner"

Current Employee - Corporate Parter in Agoura Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Corporate Parter in Agoura Hills, CA

Pros

Working with the DMC Atlanta team has been a great experience in terms of collaboration, coaching and accountability. DMC Atlanta and it's employees are the upmost professional and are an example of hard working, personable and growth oriented people. The coaching that comes from the organization and the top performers is an asset to anyone who partners with the business.

Cons

It's very rewarding once you dedicate yourself to the hard work and long hours and adopt a anything is possible mentality!

Advice to Management

Coaching is the strongest asset. Work with your people on their "why" and focus on each individual's strengths.

Aug 30, 2016 – President

Thank you for this review! Please keep up the good work, and remember our door is open if you need anything or have suggestions on how to make things better!

"Account Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at DMC Atlanta full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In depth sales training, tons of networking opportunities, clear path for growth and professional development, healthy competition among managers

Cons

You put more money in then you get out of it, favoritism (a lot of managers shouldn't have been promoted)

Advice to Management

Focus not only on sales development but personal/professional development. Better measure the success/outcomes of the one on ones that you have your managers schedule, and hold people accountable

Aug 25, 2016 – President

Hello - thank you for taking the time to write this review. We appreciate that you enjoyed the training you received. I would love the opportunity to discuss where you felt there was favoritism... More

"Job, not a career."

Former Employee - Entry Level in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Entry Level in Atlanta, GA

I worked at DMC Atlanta full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere, very friendly staff to work with.

Cons

Long hours standing in a retail location. Drive your personal vehicle to locations all over Georgia, without gas reimbursement. Oversaturated stores where different team members constantly work in the same store and it's hard to find people in need/want of your service.

Advice to Management

Better and more consistent training. Different trainers will tell you different, conflicting "training methods". Gas reimbursement would be nice.

Aug 22, 2016 – President

Thank you for taking the time to write this and for your kind words regarding our team and atmosphere! We do work at various locations throughout the city. The one point I would like to contend... More

"Their PR is great - but this isn't a company I would recommend"

Former Employee - Trainer in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Trainer in Atlanta, GA

Pros

The people that do the PR for this company should be given mad props! I see their company name everywhere as a "great place" to work in Atlanta. But that's where the positives stop.

Cons

Like I said, the PR is great. It's so great that the reality of the position is not shared. Working inside of big-box retailers (I won't name specifics) selling a brand is the job. They will promise you tons of training and growth - yes, that's a possibility. The training will be hands on but it will include 10-12 hour days and once you're in a trainer role, even longer days. The growth is only available if you sell yourself to the company and don't mind zero work-life balance.

In this sort of company, you're really working for the benefit of your umbrella company and your manager. You're working for them to be promoted and get "the big bucks." Be careful. Don't be indoctrinated. It takes a long time for that to wear off, and, for me, it has taken me a long time to realize that I can be successful outside of this sort of business environment.

Advice to Management

You are great at training and working closely with people. However having a work-life balance is incredibly important. Everything shouldn't be blamed on the lower guys. Finding another position was the best decision I ever made.

Aug 13, 2016 – President

Thank you for the feedback. I saw this yesterday and wanted to think through how I would respond. Here we go! 1. Thank you for the positive notes on our PR and for noticing that OUR EMPLOYEES (in a... More

"Great Place To Work"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Great opportunity to learn a skill revered by a select few who wish they had that skill. A terrific work environment and at times fun a really family atmosphere, and you really can get the help that you need from management to be successful. Its a great summer job.

Cons

Sometimes the very fun, friendly family atmosphere can cloud your judgement. Long hours, you get a draw, if you do not meet your target. You drive extremely long distances you use your car and you pay for gas. There are road trips in some cases you have to share a bed with someone.

"Fun and impacting experiences."

Former Employee - Entry-Level Associate in Dunwoody, GA
    Former Employee - Entry-Level Associate in Dunwoody, GA

I worked at DMC Atlanta full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Traveling with this company is awesome great people and an awesome culture, working for DMC Atlanta was defiantly a great experience and confidence builder. If your not motivated or enthusiastic while talking to hundreds of people this job is not for you. Thanks for the great experience.

Cons

There are some long days, but that's were being motivated and opportunist driven comes in to play. There's a lot of driving involved wether driving your personal vehicle or riding along, and make sure you drive with someone that's a good driver Lol I leaned that.

Advice to Management

These guys are great, one thing I'd say is printing off customer tracking forms every pay check makes it a little easier to takers up with costumers.

May 21, 2016 – President

Thank you so much for the review. We appreciate the feedback, and we agree that, if you are not motivated to talk to people or work hard, this is not the place for someone! Only thing - we do print... More

"Great people, amazing opportunties"

Current Employee - Senior Partner in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Partner in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at DMC Atlanta full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Started here entry level with a college degree but no experience. The training I've received has been top notch and has continued as I've grown with in the organization. Within just a couple of years I have gone from that entry level to running an expansion office. Anyone who is willing to work hard and make the necessary personal and professional changes has this same opportunity.

Cons

People who are unwilling to work hard, who have negative attitudes, and want to stay in a tight comfort bubble probably should not apply.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and always remember why you do what you do!

Apr 13, 2016 – President

Thank you so much for this amazing review! We love when our people connect with our WHY and REALLY get it - and it's obvious you do!

"Decent place, wouldn't stay there the whole way though"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Dunwoody, GA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Dunwoody, GA

I have been working at DMC Atlanta (More than a year)

Pros

Most people are helpful if you ask for help.

Job is straight forward and everything in fairly transparent.

Draw vs. commission, which is explained.

If you stick it out possible 1 year or 3 (who knows with all the uncontrollables?), you could be making six figures at a young age, assuming your have zero social life at the time and want to put 300k miles on your car.

Cons

CEO can be a hot-head and suddenly nice the next day. Most other people in the company are very nice however.

Long drives (upwards of 1.5 hours) to your ACTUAL work place (Walmart), with zero compensation.

Installers can be lazy and can screw over your paychecks even though you work your rear end off and should have an amazing paycheck. Get paid on installs, not on sales. Too many uncontrollables with installs.

Promotion withing the company uncontrolled as well. Could have a new hire doing amazing then something happen and he/she quits.

Office kool-aid that is fairly unnecessary. Don't need to read self-help books. Honestly, I'm not depressed, but others in the office might be, who knows. I want to work and make money, not stand around and hear self-help speeches. Overall, wasting time that could be spent in the field making money.

Advice to Management

Apply to NX Direct. Nelson is way more down to earth with his employees, and NX gets way more interviewees.

May 17, 2016 – President

I appreciate you taking the time to write the review. I think everyone has things that they need to work on, and I am aware that I need to work on being more "down to earth" and less of a "hot... More