DMI Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

DMI Manager Reviews

Updated Aug 29, 2019

3.7
DMI Founder, President, & CEO   Jay Sunny Bajaj (no image)
Jay Sunny Bajaj
  1. Featured Review

"Great Place to Work@!"

Current Employee - IT Project Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at DMI full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Very employee-centric Great benefits People are great Company is community minded

Cons

Sometimes job satisfaction depends on the direct line management of the contract, which may not be great.

Advice to Management

Strengthen direct contact between senior management (corp.) and employees on contract.

DMI2019-07-22

"Nine years of great colleagues, projects and growth"

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Detroit, MI

I worked at DMI full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I've worked with the organization for nearly a decade, I received great career path advancement, tools and knowledge training support, the ability to make mistakes and be supported on how to improve and grow.

Cons

Employees in the field should feel more support and that they have the company to help guide and include them even while at a client long term.

Advice to Management

Make sure to keep communications with your employees consistent, whether via email, town halls, team meetings or one-on-ones. DMI has many long term resources who should feel more ability to share their knowledge and expertise. Make sure to further unite the different departments across clients, projects, and office locations.

DMI2018-10-11

"Dishonest and Toxic"

Former Employee - Project Manager

I worked at DMI full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

You get a paycheck By and large they have good employees (sadly this is overshadowed by inept leaders, toxic culture and 0 company direction)

Cons

Where to begin. If someone were to write a book about how to successfully torpedo a company, DMI would be the perfect case study. -Unprofessional, ineffective and inept executive leaders -honesty and integrity do not exist here, especially at the executive level -toxic cut throat corporate culture -losing work at a rapid pace and not replacing it with new wins -revenue is in free fall -the good leaders they have , are leaving in droves -fractured relationships with customers and partners -work life balance does not exist here -no company direction, they can't figure out what they want to do or what they're good at and because of that, they aren't particularly good at anything they try to do.

Advice to Management

None and even if I did, they wouldn't listen to it, which is why they find themselves in the position they are currently in. They don't and never will listen to their employees because they don't value their employees.

DMI2019-08-29

"Regional Business Development Manager"

Former Employee - Business Development Manager

I worked at DMI full-time for less than a year

Pros

I heard there was some talent in the organization but I never saw it.

Cons

Most unprofessional executive leadership and management I have ever experienced.

Advice to Management

I would give advice but these folks are so far out of touch it would not reach anyone.

DMI2017-08-08
  5. "Not a bad place to work"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Monterey, CA

I worked at DMI full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Provides lots of employee professional development and career path. Salary and benefits are very competitive. Like to get feedback from employees. Does seem like management tries to do things "right".

Cons

Not all managers are good managers. Luck of the draw i guess. Sometimes hiring too fast and not vetting candidates properly for both soft and hard skills.

Advice to Management

Keep improving.

DMI2017-01-19

"Lots of work and not much work life balance"

Project Manager

I have been working at DMI

Pros

The client list is awesome, fun work environment, and plenty of smart people to learn from here.

Cons

No work life balance. I have worked here twice as an employee and contract have worked on holidays and most weekends. Expect to work on your vacations if they let you take vacations.

Advice to Management

Staff project correctly and then there wouldn't be a need for employees to work all hours of the night and weekends.

DMI2016-09-26
  7. "IT"

IT Manager in Alexandria, VA

I worked at DMI

Pros

Ok benefits, treated fairly well

Cons

Some times they were very disorganized and did not communicate that well

DMI2016-09-21

"Wonderful Company and Environment"

Proposal Manager in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at DMI

Pros

HQ staff and executives truly care about employees and show appreciation of the hard work that is put forth from employees on all levels.

Cons

I have not found any that aren't in the majority of companies in the area doing similar business

Advice to Management

Ensure clear concise communication between departments to maintain a fluid process

DMI2015-10-29

"Manager - Federal Mobility"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at DMI full-time for more than a year

Pros

Since we work on-site with the client and not at the HQ, there is some flexibility to work from home and work your 8 hours and go home.

Cons

Leadership has no clue about middle management and the games they play with their employees. There are no rules in place to govern the client-consultant relationship. Everything is about making money. Backdoor deals are made often and no one cares about the downstream impact. It's like living a bad dream day in and day out. I wouldn't work for them again unless a LOT changed.

Advice to Management

Investigate your middle managers, take care of your staff - not just those in Commercial or at HQ, pay a fair wage to not just male managers, diversify your staff, educate your customers on acceptable behavior, and do more than talk about branding and fix real issues.

DMI2015-11-21

"Work hard - Play Hard"

Current Employee - Proposal Manager in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at DMI full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Relaxed work environment at Headquarters and the Satellite offices that I have been to. The company has gone through some growing pains, maybe sometimes biting off more than it can chew. But, in the 4.5 years I have been here, I have enjoyed the people and the environment. The amount of hours you work and stress level is directly related to the job position you are in. More $=More Stress. I think that is mostly the same everywhere. Overall. It is a good place with good people and I'm happy to work here.

Cons

Some people often don't show up to work and you might get are stuck carrying the load

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

DMI2015-09-01