DMI Reviews | Glassdoor

DMI Reviews

Updated Nov 5, 2019

3.7
DMI CEO Jay Sunny Bajaj (no image)
Jay Sunny Bajaj
  1. "For where I am, it's not terrible"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at DMI full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent benefits and pay for the work.

Cons

Middle management is vulnerable to toxicity.

DMI2019-01-02

"Don't waste your talent here"

I worked at DMI full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work-life balance and some of the people.

Cons

Senior leadership is horrible, which unfortunately ruins even working for the few good lower level managers. They only look out for themselves and don't care about the company or the work being done. They allow sloppy work to be produced and created a culture where complainers and non-team players win over the hard workers. The few good people still trying to make a difference get treated the worst. They make zero... data-driven decisions, even though they claim they are experts in that field. Then again, the company doesn't even know what they are trying to be experts in. The CEO is nice, but so far removed from everything that he doesn't have a pulse on what is really happening. No one cares about your career progression or future goals. Don't waste your time, any effort here will go under-appreciated and underutilized.

DMI2019-01-09

"Highly mismanaged recruitment process"

I worked at DMI full-time

Pros

None that I can think of

Cons

The HR team and the Project Account Management is TERRIBLE. The project and HR teams are not in sync. The immigration legal team is most inefficient, so for anybody requiring visa sponsorship, it would be a nightmare dealing with the lawyer. The project team does not even have a month of visibility. There is a complete lack of communication and transparency throughout the recruitment process which can go on for... months and is a harrowing experience for the candidate.

Advice to Management

The HR department is a complete failure. Word of advice, please don't waste money on inefficient immigration lawyers. Also please don't mess up visa status of candidates given the current complicated visa scenario in the US. More transparency by management would help gain trust of good candidates in the market.

DMI2018-12-15

"Eh"

I worked at DMI full-time

Pros

Decent culture. SOME decent work opportunities.

Cons

Management completely lacks transparency. Politically vindictive environment. CEO was handed company by father. Runs it like a Boy's Club. Do yourself a favor and Google his name. Not the way I'd want my CEO to behave.

DMI2018-11-08

"Nine years of great colleagues, projects and growth"

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Detroit, MI

I worked at DMI full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I've worked with the organization for nearly a decade, I received great career path advancement, tools and knowledge training support, the ability to make mistakes and be supported on how to improve and grow.

Cons

Employees in the field should feel more support and that they have the company to help guide and include them even while at a client long term.

Advice to Management

Make sure to keep communications with your employees consistent, whether via email, town halls, team meetings or one-on-ones. DMI has many long term resources who should feel more ability to share their knowledge and expertise. Make sure to further unite the different departments across clients, projects, and office locations.

DMI2018-10-11

"New to this line of work, but love it so far"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at DMI full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great benefits, ability to work from home or another DMI location, casual monday & Friday

Cons

typical office work place drama, nothing serious or not expected

Advice to Management

keep up the good work. Maybe do a handful more company events or encourage team leaders to do more with their team. Morale is fine, but could be better.

DMI2018-10-04
  7. "Good company to work for"

I have been working at DMI full-time

Pros

Good co-workers, pleasant to work with.

Cons

lack of Sr Mgmt support

DMI2018-09-25
  8. "Awesome place to work"

I have been working at DMI full-time

Pros

Great benefits and work life balance

Cons

Path to promotion is not defined.

DMI2018-07-25

"Cover Your Self/Watch Your Back"

I worked at DMI full-time

Pros

Their aren't any. Sad huh?

Cons

Where do I begin? The management is dumb, blind and naive. They only care about themselves and have no clue how HR, Recruiting and Benefits run (which is poor by the way). They need to clean house in those departments because upper management is incompetent and are out for blood. They will look you in the eyes, and lie straight to you to save face. Job security is laughable. Their isn't any of that. When other... department managers go to the CEO and CFO to tell them just how poorly HR is run, they ignore it without taking actions to ensure their company is in good hands. This to me, is disgusting. The turnover rate at DMI is TOO HIGH, and your job IS NOT SAFE HERE. DO NOT APPLY.

Advice to Management

clean house - starting with HR . Then maybe your turnover rate won't be as high, and you can count on good people with a good sense of morals and ethics. The people back their don't know the meaning of loyalty or empathy. Who wants to work for people like that? Clearly you are okay with how poor your company is ran by the leadership you have hired and continue to employ. If you want better results, hire new.... "People don't leave companies - they leave management"

DMI2018-06-13
  10. "Great benefits and work culture"

I have been working at DMI full-time

Pros

work from home, jeans on mondays, tolerant work culture

Cons

no cons to think of

DMI2018-04-30