DMI Senior Systems Engineer Reviews | Glassdoor

DMI Senior Systems Engineer Reviews

Updated Aug 23, 2017

5.0
DMI CEO Jay Sunny Bajaj (no image)
Jay Sunny Bajaj

"Decent company"

Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Dahlgren, VA

I worked at DMI full-time for more than a year

Pros

Tickets to Verizon Center Lotteries once every other week Summer Pick-nicks and Christmas parties you actually want to go to Benefit package and vacation time was above average

Cons

Training hours are needed. If your not close to or work in the Headquarters office in Bethesda then you miss out on most of the Pros. No transition team to help employees find a job within the company when contract end. Enjoyed any interactions with Senior Management.

Advice to Management

Get a transition team to keep your good employees within your company when contracts end. Give hours not just dollars for training. Just a few per contract will do wonders long term for the image of DMI as a whole. Keep up the morale boosting stuff. This helped me want to stay on with DMI but I just felt like a outsider that no one knew anything about when our contract came to an end.

DMI2017-08-24

"Micro Management at it's finest"

Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at DMI full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you negotiated properly an okay pay check

Cons

Pretty much everything that could be wrong with a company

Advice to Management

Please acquire some communication skills. Also your employees are not slaves there are laws about that sort of stuff. Professionalism is required on every contract, I am sure the customer does not want to hear employees for DMInc being belittled and told "they do not need a lunch break". Create realistic goals for big projects and look into more staffing. Let the employees know they are doing a good job every once... and a while especially your stars because if it does not happen it leads to low morales and reviews such as this one. Make the employees feel as if they are part of the company.

DMI2012-08-31