DMN3 Reviews | Glassdoor

DMN3 Reviews

3.5
Pam Lockard

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Excellent learning environment that feels like family"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at DMN3 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Forget everything you've heard about the agency life. I've been in many corporate environments, including a few agencies, over the last 12 years. This is one of the few places where everyone genuinely collaborates and celebrates each other's goals and successes. No personal agendas. No bus drivers. Expect to work alongside a group of highly intelligent and talented people who will help you learn and grow every day. There's a real drive and passion here. And you're encouraged to ask questions.

The CEO treats the team like a family and has an open door policy. She truly cares about her people. Upper management invests in the tools and support necessary to help employees develop their expertise and maximize their potential.

Cons

As other reviewers mentioned, internal communication was an issue in the past. Thankfully, senior management listened. Today, they're more open and transparent about company wins and losses. We're constantly looped in on new business, culture changes, comings and goings, etc.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your people.

Dec 4, 2015 – CEO

It's so exciting to see employees that love to learn and grow in their career. I learn from my employees everyday and feel that as a leader It is my job to make sure that I share my 20+ years of... More

2. "Good opportunities and experience"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at DMN3 as an intern

Pros

I was able to get HubSpot certified while my time at DMN3. My supervisor was very helpful, attentive and understanding. There was never a time where I didn't think I couldn't ask questions.

Brainstorming sessions for content were always very collaborative. I came out with more refined skills in spelling/grammar, new knowledge in email marketing and content development. They had a good work/life balance as they celebrated birthdays and holidays with happy-hour's.

Cons

When things were a bit slow, I had no idea what to do with my time. I ended up doing more research for future/potential content.

Dec 4, 2015 – CEO

Your comments are music to my ears -- except for having a few times when you needed more direction on what to do with your time. Luckily, you took the initiative. That is a great asset and you will... More

"Great Place to work for if you like Family"

Former Employee - Senior Lead Digital Marketing Analyst in Auburn Hills, MI
    Former Employee - Senior Lead Digital Marketing Analyst in Auburn Hills, MI

I worked at DMN3 (More than 5 years)

Pros

* I began my digital marketing journey at this workplace and couldn't have been more happier to do so.
    * During my tenure I was very "green" to the agency workforce and I learned so much from the leadership. There isn't a day that doesn't go by that I miss the culture of that workplace. If you want to work with folks that are more like family, this is the place to look into.
    * If you're good at what you do, then you have no worries because work is always coming in
    * Bonus pay if you're a good performer
    * Very understanding management with time-off for doctor and family appointments
    * Vacation days accrue every year!
    * 401k

Cons

The drive into work, but that's expected with 45 always under construction. Probably a lot smoother now. Beer Fridays made up for it though!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"My experience here was not pleasant. My fellow coworkers were great, but the leadership is killing the place."

Former Employee - Account in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Account in Houston, TX

Pros

Good people and decent pay.

Cons

There is little trust between leadership and employees. In fact, the leadership talks bad about the staff which brings morale down. I've never worked in a more controlling environment - unlike any other agency I've worked at before taking this job.

Advice to Management

Take care of your people!!!!! Respect them and quit micro managing them.

Aug 15, 2015 – CEO

Our culture is not for everyone. We do best with team players that come here to learn new things and make a contribution. I appreciate the feedback and do agree that we have great employees. I do... More

5. "Good experience, with an interesting array of people."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Pros

I enjoyed working at DMN3, and was able to learn a few things that made me more marketable as a business professional. The CEO seems to care about her employees, and often has appreciation lunches/staff meetings to get everyone involved with the happenings of the company and current clientele.

Cons

PTO literally sucks, there is no work/life balance. Raises are non-existent, unless you started at the bottom of the pile, then you might get one.

"The Fake Reviews Should Be A Clue..."

Former Employee - Management in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Management in Houston, TX

I worked at DMN3 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some very nice & intelligent people work here - unfortunately, that description doesn't carry over to the executives.
    Salary is competitive.

Cons

- Micro-management like you would not believe. Sign-in sheets, executives leaving angry voicemails because they forget they approved your PTO.
    - As someone else said, this company will make you take PTO for Dr's apts, etc (regardless of whether you worked weekends or "overtime" <- the parenthesis denotes that you don't get paid overtime)
    - Absolutely 0 knowledge of the digital space. The company is staffed by direct mail marketers - good ones at that - but the CEO already bought & completely tanked a viable digital agency and keeps trying to apply outdated methodologies to a digital space she doesn't understand.
     - If you join the digital team, be ready to get tasked with inane orders (regardless of what the client asked for or actually needs). This is a result of the micro-management, the CEO/CIO tend to try and direct digital efforts. That would be fine...if they had a clue about the digital marketing space. Lots of "face palm" going on.

Advice to Management

Either listen to the employees you have on-staff about digital marketing (reading an SEO book, does not an "all things digital marketing" expert make...).
    Quit micro-managing. You've already lost talented employees to this.
    Don't get mad when your digital directors have opposing opinions - if you don't trust them to be experts, why did you hire them? You may own the race car but SHEESH, you don't know how to drive it.

"Good experience but a backwards envireonment."

Pros

great people who back each other up; management cares but is useless; building is nice

Cons

sign-in sheet for morning noon and exit like a mcdonalds employee
    no company wide notice when people quit
    some directors dont know how to do their job

Advice to Management

tell employees when someone quits

Aug 15, 2015 – CEO

The good news is that we no longer have sign-in sheets. We also made some positive changes relating to Directors at DMN3. Thank you so much for your input.

8. "My experience at DMN3 was a good experience."

I worked at DMN3 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

DMN3 was able to provide a lot of growth opportunity, giving me valuable experience that I am able to carry throughout my career. Additionally, I was able to work with a variety of clients, keeping it interesting all the time!

Cons

Office location was kind of far from me, personally.

Advice to Management

Continue with company meetings with everyone to keep them in the loop, and sharing cool projects the agency has done.

9. "Over 7 years"

I have been working at DMN3 full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

DMN3 is a place to go if you want to expand your career and learn. There is a real focus on keeping employees up to date in digital and direct. All employees are email certified and have inbound marketing certifications. Great benefits and a healthy bonus for six consecutive years -- except in the 2009 Recession.

Cons

Not a place for everyone. Only go there if you want to be a top performer and do your best. Management has little tolerance for people that do not carry their weight and always call in sick on Monday and Friday.

Advice to Management

Do two employee meetings/lunches per month instead of one. It helps keep us informed and motivated. Keep sharing company results. Work on making it a little less serious.

"Upper Management Flawed - Relieved to have left"

I worked at DMN3 full-time

Pros

- The salary is decent.
    - Some of the employees are very nice.

Cons

- Management micromanage you in every way. For example - You need to sign in and out in the mornings/evenings and at lunch.
    - It is the type of company that makes you take PTO for a doctor appointment or if your car breaks down.
    - Tense work atmosphere.
    - High employee turnover paints the clearest picture.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better and give them freedom to work - the atmosphere in the office and work output will improve greatly.