DOTmed.com Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated April 19, 2017

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Philip Jacobus

1. "Good company, great sales opportunity"

Former Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY

I worked at DOTmed.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Paid training.
    Leads are hot, obligatory cold-calling is rare (except if you want to grow your book).
    Assigned territory.
    Most people in the industry know of DOTmed.com, so they will generally have an opinion of the company one way or another.
    CEO is respected in industry.
    Good corporate culture, and great sales director that really wants you to succeed.
    Decent comission package.

Cons

Low starting base salary (Not that it should matter much: Comissions are good).
    High turnover of sales people: I saw a couple people get hired and leave within a month. You have to deal with the demands (60+ outbound calls per day as well as handling emails and inbound calls), and get results (bring in $$$), or you'll have to leave. (Not a con, unless agressive sales scare you)

Advice to Management

Nothing of note. Maybe grow the auction side of the company, since that's where the real comissions are.

"Cutting Edge Stuff, High Pressure"

Current Employee - Editorial Sales in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Editorial Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at DOTmed.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

When you see what this company's doing, you understand how they can say they're going to change the way that healthcare is delivered in the US. It doesn't get any bigger than this.

Cons

There are really two kinds of people: those that get it and those that just want to cash a check. I'm a little frustrated by those people who come here saying they just want to chat with others when the 'boss man' is away. They didn't get it anyway and were probably annoying us when they were here. I'd rather work with people who have the self-motivation to pitch in and help the company grow, because then we all are more successful

Advice to Management

Frankly, their starting salaries are a little on the low side, but I've had them make up for that with year-end performance based bonuses. Sometimes it means my department loses out on good talent to other companies who pay higher starting salaries.

"Growing company with lots of opportunity. Open environment for good or bad."

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in New York, NY

I have been working at DOTmed.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There's a lot of potential here, and they're always trying to find new ways to be more successful. The growing business in a hot industry means that people are generally well taken care of and ideas are listened to.

Cons

The quick growth of the two years that I was there meant that everyone had to keep up with a changing business environment. I know this wasn't for everyone and I saw many people who just couldn't handle being in charge of themselves.

"Auction Sales/Director of Business Developement/Senior Advertising Sales"

Current Employee - Senior Advertising Sales in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Advertising Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at DOTmed.com full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I worked at DOTmed for over 5 years and can truly say it was a once in a lifetime experience.

From coming in as a kid who didn't know anything about business to leaving as a polished salesmen and experienced businessman, I learned invaluable skills and lessons that you couldn't pick up if you received an MBA twice.

Yes, the owner is a little eccentric, stern, and to the point, but in this day, I think anyone with ambition and wanting to grow as a professional, DOTmed is a great training ground. You know where you stand everyday and there aren't any layers of management bs. If your a hard worker and like working in a fast paced environment, you will have many opportunities to apply yourself.

I'll always be grateful for my experience, and if it wasn't for the many great opportunities I was given, I wouldn't be where I am now.

Cons

Must have a thick skin and be ready to think on your feet at all times.

"CEO has a couple of loose screws"

Former Employee - New York in New York, NY
    Former Employee - New York in New York, NY

I worked at DOTmed.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company has been up and running for about 10 years. The formatting of the site is interesting and very useful to those involved in the medical industry.

Cons

The office atmosphere is somewhat like being in the military or a detention center. Everyone's afraid of the boss, literary afraid. He's a yeller and very demeaning. There is no room for laughs unless you're a top seller, then you can do whatever you please.

7. "I worked here for over 2 years in sales and marketing."

Pros

Traveling to trade shows is great and you have the opportunity to make a lot of money if goals are met.

Cons

Awful management team, terrible office environment. I wouldn't waste your time working here. It's really hard to care about your job when your employer doesn't care about you.

Advice to Management

Relax. Invest some time in good employees and they may stick around a little longer.

8. "Accurate Overview"

I worked at DOTmed.com full-time

Pros

- easy to learn role

Cons

- Impossible to grow after year 1 because all your residual business gets cut in half
    - unlike other sales jobs, where there are incentives of demonstrating positive sales numbers, the commission structure after year 1 gets cut in half

Advice to Management

- have the CEO and CTO be more involved with the sales reps and key-in on their sales numbers

"Miserable environment"

I worked at DOTmed.com full-time

Pros

Solid pay, some nice people you can chat with when the boss man is away

Cons

Insane management, especially the CEO. Be prepared to be verbally abused on a regular basis, while you're being micro-managed.