DRB Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated November 16, 2018

4.6
Dan Pittman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Great Place to be at, when you have to be away from your family."

Current Employee - Supervisor in Akron, OH
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Akron, OH

I have been working at DRB Systems full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people and management at DRB Systems make you feel welcome, wanted and important! Through all the change and improvements made to the organization in the past 2 plus years we have all stuck together like a true team to get through all of it and come out better on the other end.

Cons

The challenge is managing the constant change. The changes that have been made are all amazing and have helped our business grow tremendously, but it is still new and different and people are starting to crave some consistency in their day.

Advice to Management

Keep making it a priority to preserve our company culture. We need to make every effort to hire the right person for the job as well as the organization, so take your time in picking our top leaders.

"Wonderful culture, wonderful people and great business practices"

I have been working at DRB Systems full-time

Pros

Every member of the company fits the culture of being hungry, humble and smart. There's a great work/ life balance.

Cons

I've thoroughly enjoyed my employment thus far.

"Support is a Revolving Door"

Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Uniontown, OH
    Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Uniontown, OH

I worked at DRB Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The CEO Dan Pittman is one of the greatest guys you'll ever meet. The benefits are above average for most positions. Lots of opportunities for free food while at work. Nice buildings. I've heard that working anywhere other than in support is pretty nice.

Cons

Support is a mess. Employees are in and out all the time. Firings are a regular occurrence and often times without warning. If you work in support as a Level 1-3 technician for more than 2 years, start looking for alternative employment as management will start looking for reasons to get rid of you to save a buck. Work in support is generally tedious and frustrating. Call queues are generally backed up which makes downtime an incredibly rare occurrence. Support doesn't have enough staff to handle the queues and won't because they keep getting rid of support techs. A few support techs make it out of support and in other parts of the company. Don't bet on it though because it's rare. Overall support is a good place to work for about a year, but get out of there after that.

Advice to Management

Fire the people in charge of support. Replace the horrid HR staff, or at least get them some training on how to actually do their jobs.

Jan 14, 2019 – Director of Human Resources

While there are always opportunities to improve a workplace, without direct feedback it is very difficult to know what is causing some of the issues being brought up here. I wish we had an... More

"DRB has one of the best cultures of any company I have ever worked at!"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Coordinator in Akron, OH
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Coordinator in Akron, OH

I have been working at DRB Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

DRB has one of the best cultures of any company I have ever worked at. The company believes in have an engaging culture and it shows when interacting with any department. DRB does not want you chained to your desk, they want to you interact with your team and peers and actually have a voice.

Cons

When first coming into DRB the culture may be difficult to accept because it just feels to good to be true. But it is 100% genuine and makes it an awesome place to work. Come in and interview with an open mind and you will never want to leave.

Advice to Management

Keep up the amazing work that you do with making new employees feel at home on day 1.

"Great Work Environment"

Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Akron, OH
    Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Akron, OH

I have been working at DRB Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good starting pay, great benefits, very understanding and accommodating admins. Training staff are knowledgable and fun to work with, and the floor support system for TSRs is very effective.

Cons

The software we support is very customizable, which is a benefit to the customer, but also means there's more that can go wrong. Sometimes it feels like the software is less elegant than it could be as a result.

Advice to Management

Keep promoting internally! The company values and culture are great, and a lot of people want to stick around for a long time. Everyone wants to move up in the world, keep giving the the opportunity!

"A great company to work for... at first"

I have been working at DRB Systems full-time

Pros

Pay decent, vacation time adequate, work environment is tolerable.

Cons

keeps taking away benefits to working there a little bit at a time.

Advice to Management

Stop talking about how much you value employees and start treating them like you value them

Nov 7, 2018 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for your honest feedback! If there is a comfortable way for you to do so, please step forward and talk to either your manager, HR, or a member of the leadership team about your concerns... More

"DRB is as good as advertised and expected!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

I have been working at DRB Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As a recent new hire, it truly is one of the best places to work. Great culture, teamwork, positive energy from the leadership team. Lots of great benefits, respect for individuals, and a very welcoming environment!

Cons

None that I have found so far!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and the commitment to find people who are humble, hungry, and smart!

Apr 30, 2018 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this! We always appreciate hearing about how your experience has been, especially as a new employee because we strive to ensure consistency throughout... More

"Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Software Assurance Administrator in Akron, OH
    Current Employee - Software Assurance Administrator in Akron, OH

I have been working at DRB Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Positive culture, great benefits, good pay, career advancement opportunities

Cons

Cannot think of anything to put here

Apr 30, 2018 – Director of Human Resources

It is so awesome that you took the time to write this and that after 5 years with the company, you are still engaged and happy here. Thank you!

"Great place with growing pains"

I have been working at DRB Systems full-time

Pros

genuine caring people
    fun events
    flexible schedules

Cons

growing pains have things hectic at times.

Apr 30, 2018 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to write this, and for your honest feedback about the growth! It can be both hectic and fun at times. The challenges that it presents is all good, though!

"Growing and Learning"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Akron, OH
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Akron, OH

I have been working at DRB Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Open environment where risk taking and new ideas are encouraged.
    Management is driven to improve the company and employees.
    While most of the current product line is outdated, there is a renewed focus for product development several years out.
    Management cultivates a positive culture.

Cons

Space at Akron headquarters is at a premium, hence the growing part. Not a bad problem to have.

Advice to Management

Keep investing heavily into R&D .
    Keep encouraging employees for new ideas and taking risks on new products.

Apr 30, 2018 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for this awesome feedback! It's great to see that you are taking everything in and enjoying yourself!