DRC|CTB Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.4
Ellen Haley

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • 7 1/2 hour work day for full-time; many projects are part-time (5 hour days) (in 5 reviews)

• They were quick to acknowledge SME's and tell them how valuable they were to DRC (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • They have gotten rid of most of us and there will be more let go soon (in 4 reviews)

• The workforce morale is very low; people; workers are afraid to ask questions or raise questions about even minor things for fear reprisals (in 2 reviews)

"Great place to work"

Former Employee - Program Manager in Monterey, CA
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Monterey, CA

Pros

Pay, freedom to work from home, autonomy.

Cons

Inferior software products, no roadmap for future development.

"Project Manager"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Monterey, CA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Monterey, CA

I worked at DRC|CTB full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working remote so you don’t have to endure the rudeness! There are too few pros to mention, although the Hilton Garden Inn is nice.

Cons

Very cliquish environment. They seem nice to your face for about a week then you can actually hear them talking about you. It is as if they want you to hear them.

Advice to Management

Look in the mirror, that will tell you why you are losing customers.

3. "Great start of your career"

I worked at DRC|CTB full-time

Pros

Owner is very supportive and if you show the interest he will let you do any new job.

Cons

Office is small so not so much opportunities to meet with new people.

Advice to Management

Keep up with the current encouraging environment.

4. "CTB - was family"

Former Employee - Senior Project Coordinator in Monterey, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Project Coordinator in Monterey, CA

I worked at DRC|CTB full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I started worked at CTB in 1999 and from the first moment, you were treated like family. The company benefits were fantastic and I had the best managers.

Cons

When DRC bought CTB, they no longer needed a lot of us and those of us who would not relocate were dismissed.

"Training is horable"

Pros

Haven't found any. When the former parent company sold them off they gutted the place.

Cons

You are treated like your the issue if you ask questions. Every current employee I speak to is looking for a new job and am asked why would I want to continue work here. Have not found many other employees that have been here more than 6 months. I have seen two employees have minor brake downs. And they're not even teaching the new hires all the software. That's only going to make more work for us.

Advice to Management

I don't really have much to say as it will not be given any thought. And dismissed as "an ignorant idea" ........

6. "Help Desk"

I worked at DRC|CTB full-time

Pros

Good money. Easy to learn. Anyone can pick up the skills.

Cons

Unorganized. Left alone to work majority of the calls. Many people cut off because work load closed. Supervisors weren't helpful. You have to be able to learn by yourself.

7. "Operations Analyst"

Former Employee - Opererations Analyst in Monterey, CA
    Former Employee - Opererations Analyst in Monterey, CA

I worked at DRC|CTB full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

This company was second to none and had excellent benefits. Employees were amazing team players and most knowledgeable in the industry.

Cons

Employee work was not balanced. Many were overloaded with work, while others in the same department did not have enough.

Advice to Management

work/life balance is important. Many middle management employees were not needed as many teams were self-sufficient.

"Reader"

Pros

Part-time employment, decent working conditions, interesting co-workers, not bad pay for temporary work, most projects last 4 or 5 weeks or less

Cons

Boring, monotonous work scoring student responses, training for projects may or may not be adequate, supervisors go from project to project without much turnover

"Be aware"

Pros

When they purchased CTB, they were friendly, positive and professional. They were quick to acknowledge SME's and tell them how valuable they were to DRC.

Cons

Soon enough, their true colors showed; false promises to Customers, the arrogance of Executive team and the "dismissal" of any proposed idea or suggestion that did not come from a "DRC" employee was looked upon as very negative. The non executive employees are quite fake and clearly do not like anyone that came from CTB. They have gotten rid of most of us and there will be more let go soon.

Advice to Management

There is nothing to say that many have not said previously, the sad part is that they won't listen, they think they are all knowing. The proof will be when contracts are up for renewal,and they are awarded to other companies.

10. "control analyst manager"

Former Employee - Control Analyst Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Control Analyst Manager in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

Great work environment, a boss that let me keep my own schedule. Freedom to work from home part-time.

Cons

not really a lot of cons, big company, to big separation between management and workers.

Advice to Management

Go for lean six sigma all the way. Better planning and execution for temp workers (not humanity in some cases, and quicker to cut the losses in others).