DS Services of America Route Operations Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 4, 2016

Found 7 reviews

1.1
Tom Harrington
  1. "A great place to work."

Former Employee - Route Operations Manager in Milpitas, CA

I worked at DS Services of America full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people, the customers, the operation.

Cons

I really didn't have any. I was however not happy with the way my employment came to an end. It was my belief that my hard work and talents were noticed but it did not have anything to do with me keepng my job.

Advice to Management

Hang on tigher to your best people.

DS Services of America2014-02-16

"Underpaid for the amount of hours worked."

Former Employee - Route Operations Manager

I worked at DS Services of America

Pros

Working with the Driver , and the positive daily interaction with employees.

Cons

Long hours for Management , and the ability to retain quality employees.

Advice to Management

Treat all Management the same , and don't show favoritism . Don't promote people to Management because you are desperate .

DS Services of America2016-03-05

"Company soon going to hit Rock Bottom"

Former Employee - Route Operations Manager in Van Nuys, CA

I worked at DS Services of America full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Very grateful for the opportunity to be developed as a ROM here. My team that I directed made it easy to do my job daily. Getting out in the field to meet customers can be rewarding. Seeing your team succeed.

Cons

However, to many fellow managers who love to stab you in the back due to jealousy, and their own non people skills. Too many butt kissers, not enough support for the real backbones of the company. The route drivers deserve more salary wage increases.

Advice to Management

Stop getting rid of good people and not just keeping the YES guys. Especially those who never carried water.

DS Services of America2015-04-07

"24 Year Employee - Position "Eliminated""

Former Employee - Route Operations Manager

I worked at DS Services of America full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Most employees are great people. The company is stable and should continue to maintain its market share.

Cons

12+ hour days. Underappreciated. Always asked to do more. Advancement opportunities were rare. Technology was behind, decisions were slow to be approved.

Advice to Management

Take care of the people that earn your salary on their backs. They don't need to become rich, just respected. Senior management needs to come down from the ivory tower once in a while and talk to the frontline associates.

DS Services of America2014-04-04

"This company is ran like a Chinese sweat shop. Never worked for a more greedy company in my life."

Current Employee - Route Operations Manager

I have been working at DS Services of America full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

there use to be a lot now there are none with current leadership from the top down to midlevel

Cons

The CEO to Division and Region Mgrs only care about one thing and that's the water bottle. They never plan for any major event before jumping in. They put the burden on the backs of the RM's and route guys. The do not want you to have a live outside of DS. Be prepared to work whenever when your behind. First level managers expect a 60+ hour work week.

Advice to Management

You have lost sight of who is making you the money! Your RSR's and Route Manager are working harder and longer than anyone else while mid to senior level mgrs. watch. You also continue to make acquisitions of other companies instead of rewarding the hard work done by the troops on the ground. Everyone is fed up with this mindset and you may find yourself with no one left.

DS Services of America2014-02-12
  6. "Good Company, fast paced environment"

Current Employee - Route Operations Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at DS Services of America

Pros

Management helps you with good feedback. Plenty of independence. Bonuses were attainable. I would recommend anyone working here as it is a very good environment.

Cons

The hours are longer than most jobs. You will be expected to talk with every employee every day about there performance.

Advice to Management

Keep the employees motivated through training and goal setting. Match employees to their abilities in certain situations. Keep staffing as a top priority.

DS Services of America2011-04-05

"DS Waters"

Current Employee - Route Operations Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at DS Services of America

Pros

You can learn a lot because you are responsible for everything with very little support

Cons

Discrimination - Higher level management get the credit for hard working individuals and then wash their hands clean when something goes wrong and points fingers at innocent people.

Advice to Management

Be more involved with the first level of management. Area Managers and above are politicians that do not contribute much but take the credit of hard working Field Managers that dont get the recognition.

DS Services of America2010-05-10