DSC Logistics Reviews | Glassdoor

2.5
Ann M. Drake

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • No direction from upper management (in 6 reviews)

• Pay not on scale for position, high turnover especially for Managers, employee relations not great, lack of respect toward employees (in 3 reviews)

"Put away"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in University Park, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in University Park, IL

I have been working at DSC Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Y'all pay is good ok

Cons

The number are not right

Advice to Management

Y'all letting go good Peoples

2. "Don't WORK HERE"

Former Employee - Material Handler/Forklift Operator in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Former Employee - Material Handler/Forklift Operator in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I worked at DSC Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

One ACCOUNT CARDINAL HEALTH Gloves

Cons

Too MANY TOO MENTION too make it short MANAGEMENT SUCKS

Advice to Management

Go back to school of humans not animals.

"Great job for anyone without options."

Current Employee - Certified Forklift Operator in Champaign, IL
    Current Employee - Certified Forklift Operator in Champaign, IL

I have been working at DSC Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very easy to get hired due to ridiculously high turn over rate. Pay is about average.

Cons

HR is next to worthless. Very hard to get ahead in the company. Who you know is more important than ability. Upper management is blind to the needs of their employees and views them as expendable commodities. Benefits are poor to start, with promises of better packages upon second year of employment. The catch is that you will probably never make it to the second year. Company seems to be more interested in terminations to solve problems instead of discovering root causes.

Advice to Management

Get a clue and treat hourly employees with respect. Relax all the rules and regulations. Allow employees / lower management to take the company to the next level instead of crushing creative thought.

"Warehouse associate"

I worked at DSC Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some OT mandatory when they want you too

Cons

Bad management don't care about their employees

Advice to Management

Get better

"Sometimes, but not next time."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

I have been working at DSC Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good starting pay in comparison to others, slightly lackluster after. Average for the area.

OT available just about all the time. Occasional slow times, but they don't last long.

Operators get POP incentives.

Good vacation and decent benefits.

Cons

Training:
          Training is mediocre at best. Not the fault of trainers themselves, but the decisions made by management to the training 'program'.
    Trainees that are put on a 12 hour shift are with their trainer for 6 days before the next group comes in. Those six days are split - 2 on, 2 off, 2 on, 3 off then 2 on once again. Each time the trainee comes in, they need to be RE-trained on what they just learned after being off. By this time, the trainer is with a whole new group, leaving the previous group behind.
    The Trainer-2 position (lead trainer, in a way) was filled by a trainee with a degree that did not hit their own numbers and would have been let go for performance. This trainer gives advice and direction to newcomers, leading them into bad habits that need to be corrected and re-taught as trainees begin work.

Organization and Communication:
          It is a rare occasion to be able to get a straight answer out of anyone. There is no set policy; everything has an exception. Direction is not given in upper management, it is assumed onto the person asking to 'figure it out'.
    --Example:
          Employee:"What would you like me to do with (some situation that could cost the company money)"
          (Upper)Management:"What do you think you should do?" then no response..

This all leads to the 'hands off' approach in management. The "I didn't tell you to do that" if it was wrong and the "Yes, I told them to do that" if it was right. There is no 'ownership', like there isn't enough confidence in their ability to lead, accept responsibility and ownership of their choices.

What you do on Tuesday can be totally wrong if it's a Wednesday, but you will not know until Friday that it was wrong - come the following Tuesday, what you did the Tuesday before is actually correct, but only sometimes. (yes, it's that confusing and convoluted)
    It is part of the company's motto to be able to be flexible for the customer. Communication is so terrible that nobody knows if we're changing entire processes to just make someone's job easier or if it is actually for the customer. It is hidden within the black hole of information that nobody has.

Advice to Management

-Pay attention!
    -Run real-world trials before changing a process. Don't look at the paper and assume it will work. If there is any doubt, rethink it.
    -Don't hire a trainer-2 that has no idea what they're doing or teaching. It only increases our already extremely high turnover.
    -Hire 2 trainers for every shift pending their knowledge and ability to complete each function successfully at 100% or better.
    -Know how to do everything in our ever-changing environment, challenge yourself. Once a month pick an order, do a put-away, be a clerk, pick cases. This will lead you to knowing exactly how things are going and how to assess situations correctly and knowledgeably. No blind adaptations or hearsay leading to errors or catastrophes.
    -Own what you do and what you choose.
    -Communicate! Help your employees help you. If we look good, you look good; if we look bad, you look bad.

"Avoid this mess"

Former Employee - Forklift Operator in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Forklift Operator in Atlanta, GA

I worked at DSC Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I honestly can't come up with a single reason a person should consider this place for employment.

Cons

Excessive unnecessary overtime. Non-stop equipment failure. Lack of leadership. No team building or appreciation from management. Hostile dysfunctional work environment.

"Administrative Professional"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Pros

Not being bias, honestly none come to mind.

Cons

They are extremely unprofessional and do not know to take of business matters properly. I advise all to stay away. Management is incompetent and HR does not care about it's staff. Look else where especially if you're seeking career advancement with a fair attendance system and better compensation.

Advice to Management

Have some couth about how you handle business dealing with employees.

"Good Environment but for less than what you should be making"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Des Plaines, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Des Plaines, IL

I worked at DSC Logistics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

DSC provides a good work/life balance, with room for promotion and to chances to broaden your skill set by working in various departments.

Cons

The pay is below market average for middle management and analyst positions. There is a reason why the average tenure for a Manager or analyst is less than 5 years and for a Senior Manager and above the tenure is 10+, significantly better pay for the higher positions. Bonuses only paid to Sr. Manager and above.

Advice to Management

Narrow the gap in pay between levels. No reason a Sr. Manager who is one step above a Manager, should be making 60% more in compensation.

"it was good but also frustrating"

Former Employee - FLO in San Bernardino, CA
    Former Employee - FLO in San Bernardino, CA

I worked at DSC Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

starting pay for 2nd shift was 13.75 which is higher than many companies now days, overtime was plenty, work was not hard and they train you to do more if you show you can handle new tasks. Co-workers were all great. Great 2 week training program and good trainers.

Cons

too much overtime for me, I didn't mind the 12 hr. weekdays but it was practically every saturday mandatory O.T. good for some people but not everyone wants to be there too much. My checks kept getting shorted which is super discouraging.

Advice to Management

Try to pay everyone on time, and continue to promote respect and opportunity.

"Don't Go to Colonial Heights, VA DSC!"

Current Employee - Forklift Operator in Colonial Heights, VA
    Current Employee - Forklift Operator in Colonial Heights, VA

I have been working at DSC Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Guaranteed 8 hours, I could sit and smoke for hours and nobody would care.

Cons

Logistically this operation makes no sense. Forklift drivers are underpayed! You are a picker!! They get away paying this disgraceful pay by calling them Forklift Operator. I spent 75% of my time moving 50lb Phillip Morris cigarettes. Largest expense to a company is wages, was told by a Supervisor that they received a FAT bonus from Phillip Morris. They would rather deal with unhappy workers and turnover then loose that bonus. Shame on both of them! I've been in logistics 20 years, my 23 yr gas attentent child could run a better operation than DSC!

Advice to Management

Pay them more!