DSD Laboratories Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated August 27, 2017

2.8
Bart G. Guerreri

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Good company to work for"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at DSD Laboratories as a contractor

Pros

Good competitive pay and benefits

Cons

Working as a contractor there is not much involvement with senior leardership

"No Corporate Culture"

Pros

The government client has a great mission and are very good to work with.

Cons

Onsite management literally are non-existent. Consistent turn-over of employees. DSD contracts job to employment agencies because there turn over rate is so high. There is no allotment for employee dialogue or feedback. Management's approach is "my way or the highway". Employees are treated as simple "butts in seats" to satisfy personnel contract requirements.

Advice to Management

Listen to employees, and improve your corporate culture. You must invent in employees if you are entrusted with their careers. Managers could use refresher courses in leadership and communication skills.

3. "Software Developer"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Hill AFB, UT
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Hill AFB, UT

I have been working at DSD Laboratories full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Did provide me with a full time job during the length of the contract. I would continue working for them if they had won the new contract.

Cons

Did not give me any feedback on the status of my job when the contract was up for new bids.

Advice to Management

Try to find another contract for your employees.

"Avoid the Technology Solutions Branch."

Current Employee - Business Analyst
    Current Employee - Business Analyst

I have been working at DSD Laboratories full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-You will certainly have opportunities to expand your boundaries as a professional
    -They offer paid medical insurance or $300 if declined benefits
    -Hourly compensation fair

Cons

-Do not expect any form of esprit de corps or loyalty. You are a profit mule and will be treated thusly.
    -Though this company is large and old enough to be organized, individual branches are run like chaotic startups.
    - Management within the Technology Solutions branch is unfocused and often conflicting. First reaction is to throw employees under the bus in front of the client regardless of fault or responsibility.
    -Micromanagement is crushing. Daily status calls with daily and weekly internal activity reports a waste of time when with no direction is forthcoming or conflicting from yesterday's direction.
    -The cultures of petty and malicious are nurtured. I've never seen anything like it after 15 years in the industry.
    -Downward communication is often last minute. Important issues like contract renewal, work stoppage, etc. are not addressed until day before or day of action.
    -Regardless of your experience, 1 week of vacation and 1 week sick leave are standard for the first two years.

Advice to Management

Communicate with your employees. Never defame your people in front of the client. How can we have value to the client when you repeatedly belittle us to them. Provide direction and trust your people to deliver. Look to your high employee turn over rate as an indicator of poor management.