DTI Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated May 1, 2017

2.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
John Davenport, Jr.

Pros
  • Great people to work with the work hard play hard mentality (in 12 reviews)

• Work/Life Balance has been amazing (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Very little to no opportunities to professional grow (in 10 reviews)

• Extremely low pay considering the monthly fees the client's pay to receive the services of DTI (in 14 reviews)

1. "Not a good place to work"

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at DTI full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Can't think of any pros.

Cons

Pretentious managers and horrible benefits.

Advice to Management

Come back down to earth and pay take advice from people that actually have experience.

"Not a pleasant work experience"

Former Employee - Service Specialist in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Service Specialist in San Diego, CA

I worked at DTI full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Steady schedule and solid 40 hours a week. Benefits and 401k package if your full time. Many locations if you need to transfer

Cons

Childish attitude by upper and lower management. Raises and wages not based on merit. People in positions they "earned" by being there a certain amount of time and not based on actual skills or merit.

Advice to Management

Learn to lead.

"If I could do it again, I wouldn't!"

Former Employee - Placement Assistant in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Placement Assistant in Washington, DC

I worked at DTI full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My time at DTI my first 5 months was awesome. My direct manager and I got along great, and we spoke the same language - even though he was a man. He trained me very well, and I can honestly say that he was one of the best managers I have ever had, actually - THE BEST. But when he left - everything changed.

Cons

One of the worse cons of this company is the training. They have good intentions, and they want to create the best training program, but still - it just isn't there. Another thing is the upper management, the big bosses at the top are so concerned about growing the company. that they aren't securing the foundation of the company. The foundation are everyone who isn't an executive. FYI - just because someone isn't making $75+ doesn't mean they're responsibilities aren't equally as important for the success of the company, because it is. After my direct manager left, the company hired of my other colleague's best friend's. This wasn't a good idea, this woman made my work life a living hell. It was like walking on nails every single day at work. This woman had me in tears several times, and even made racial slurs towards as a black woman. I am always very professional, articulate, and self starting at work. So when she got me fired, it was honestly the best day of my life. I cried during my exit interview, but they were all happy tears.

Advice to Management

Training your staff effectively is key, and everyone doesn't learn the exact same way. Taking care of your employees is important to keep them around, and if this isn't important to this company -your employee retention will not be good, and turnovers will be extremely high. If employees aren't happy - they won't do their jobs effectively, and this will effect their entire company.

"Document Specialist"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at DTI full-time

Pros

If you have no experience in the legal field and are desperate for a job it's okay.

Cons

5 vacation days. Disrespectful leadership team. Low pay. 1% raises to employees who meet requirements. No potential for career advancement. High turnover rate. Unsanitary work environment. Unsafe work environment as you must work with people who are mentally unstable and have addiction issues.

Advice to Management

Stop playing favorites. Invest in your employees so that they can be successful. Recognize the issues that are causing the high turnover and resolve them.

"You're only a number to big Corps"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I worked at DTI full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Employees get along. And work together very well. I don't know if there is too many pros that come with working here.

Cons

Benefits are horrible. You would think since this is a $5M company the employees would be taken care of. With a merger/acquisition that just happened the company is now a $1Billion company that still doesn't care about its employees. Management is not collaborative at all. With Acquiring companies they get forced to work against each other. They are all working on different goals instead of what matters; it's employees.

Advice to Management

Better benefits! As a big corp you should have the opportunity to give the employees benefits that they want.

Quit looking at employees as just numbers and they are expendable.

"Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at DTI full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free Soda. People are generally nice to work with.

Cons

DTI doesn't care about the people who are non-Managing Directors and below. They hammer everyone on salary and fail to reward those who are doing a good job. I experienced this first hand as a manager trying to get someone a raise who deserved it. In the last year, several MD's have left, the CEO has left.

Aug 29, 2016 – DTI Human Resources

Thank you for expressing your thoughts with us today. DTI takes every comment and suggestion seriously, whether positive or negative. We have a team on hand to research and address all remarks and ... More

"Good support, but bad pay"

Former Employee - Electronic Data Discovery Project Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Electronic Data Discovery Project Manager in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Tech staff knows their stuff
    Client Services Manager always available for advice/escalation
    Good formal documentation available

Cons

Pay was sub-par
    Company mainly concerned with growing, not keeping current employees happy

Advice to Management

Do some market analysis of wages to remain competitive and keep employee moral up

"Document Review Attorney position with a side of depression"

Former Employee - Document Review Attorney in Olathe, KS
    Former Employee - Document Review Attorney in Olathe, KS

I worked at DTI full-time

Pros

Mindless document review that requires little to no thought.

Cons

Any agreement or benefit they told you about is unlikely to be honored. Able to work on a flex schedule to continue your own practice? Nope. Bonus on completion of project? Unlikely to be paid for some reason that is their fault and if they do it will not be as large a bonus as promised. Get everything in writing from them and be prepared to take them to court for breach.

Advice to Management

Two things

Treat your employees like professionals and maintain your offices to fit the needs of your personal.

Example: Don't make your employees pay for parking. That just shows that your business is cheap and that your employees are not worth developing.

Example: when 80 employees are working on plastic tables with exposed bundles of cords attaching their computers you give an appearance of not valuing employees or their work. Which in turn decreases the quality of their work.

"Love Micromanagement?"

Former Employee - Eagle Elite in Norfolk, VA
    Former Employee - Eagle Elite in Norfolk, VA

I worked at DTI full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Full time job that requires no real thought or creativity. The company values people who have no vision or real motivation. Basically, if all you want to do is work a dead-end job 9-5. The clients are generally decent people, though they can be rude under pressure. DTI expects you to take it when they are. If it's in your nature to take punches and shrug it off, you'll excel.

Cons

Micromanagement to a ridiculous level. in-depth, inane reports are required for even the most menial of tasks, while management basically believes hourly employees have no long-term memory and can't be trusted co complete ANY task, no matter how many times they've witnessed them do it before. It's a zero defect environment that pays like sacking groceries.

Advice to Management

Enjoy the ride. You and your kind are first against the wall when the revolution comes.

Apr 29, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your feedback and review. We appreciate that you took the time to share your concerns with us and we will share these ideas with our management team. We are always looking for ways to ... More

"Could be a good job with proper management."

Current Employee - Service Specialist in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Service Specialist in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

The pay is higher than most places for entry-level. Experience doesn't make any difference.

Cons

Management is abysmal. From the site-manager up, service specialists are crushed between the wants of the firm and the demands of DTI. No changes on the horizon. Also, turnover is approximately 75℅ per year.

Advice to Management

Get some management with a backbone. Support your staff who tries to remain professional while being consistently thrown under the bus.

Apr 29, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Manager

We appreciate you taking the time to write this review about DTI. DTI strives to remain competitive on pay and spends 1% of every year's revenue on training. Happily DTI's turnover rate is much lower ... More