DTI Reviews | Glassdoor

DTI Reviews

Updated June 22, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Great people to work with the work hard play hard mentality (in 12 reviews)

• Work/Life Balance has been amazing (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Very little to no opportunities to professional grow (in 10 reviews)

• Extremely low pay considering the monthly fees the client's pay to receive the services of DTI (in 14 reviews)

"a bunch of crooks"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Houston, TX

I worked at DTI full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

there is no pros of this job crooks

Cons

everything was bad and backstabbing and gossip and late payments and late bonuses. overall crooks

"If I could do it again, I wouldn't!"

Former Employee - Placement Assistant in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Placement Assistant in Washington, DC

I worked at DTI full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My time at DTI my first 5 months was awesome. My direct manager and I got along great, and we spoke the same language - even though he was a man. He trained me very well, and I can honestly say that he was one of the best managers I have ever had, actually - THE BEST. But when he left - everything changed.

Cons

One of the worse cons of this company is the training. They have good intentions, and they want to create the best training program, but still - it just isn't there. Another thing is the upper management, the big bosses at the top are so concerned about growing the company. that they aren't securing the foundation of the company. The foundation are everyone who isn't an executive. FYI - just because someone isn't making $75+ doesn't mean they're responsibilities aren't equally as important for the success of the company, because it is. After my direct manager left, the company hired of my other colleague's best friend's. This wasn't a good idea, this woman made my work life a living hell. It was like walking on nails every single day at work. This woman had me in tears several times, and even made racial slurs towards as a black woman. I am always very professional, articulate, and self starting at work. So when she got me fired, it was honestly the best day of my life. I cried during my exit interview, but they were all happy tears.

Advice to Management

Training your staff effectively is key, and everyone doesn't learn the exact same way. Taking care of your employees is important to keep them around, and if this isn't important to this company -your employee retention will not be good, and turnovers will be extremely high. If employees aren't happy - they won't do their jobs effectively, and this will effect their entire company.

"A Sorry Outfit to Work For"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I worked at DTI full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is nothing "pro" about this hell hole!!

Cons

I have never been associated with a bigger bunch of cry babies and tattlers. You're micro managed to death. If you don't eat, drink, and sleep this place you will not fit in. Don't bother to speak your mind either. You're a malcontent if you do. Stay away from Kansas City unless you like kissing behinds.

Advice to Management

The manager in KC is nothing short of the biggest brown noser I have ever had the displeasure of knowing!

4. "Company OK bit could have better benefits."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at DTI full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Nice people and boss great.

Cons

Over worked not enough employees.

5. "Always forward"

Current Employee - National Director of Technology, MS in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - National Director of Technology, MS in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at DTI full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Solid, Core Values, Strong, Invested

Cons

Learning how to be big

Advice to Management

Infrastructure is valuable

"Horrible place to work"

Former Employee - Receptionist in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Receptionist in San Francisco, CA

I worked at DTI full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people, I worked with some wonderful people (site manager and other staff was so awesome )

Cons

Everything else ... DTI Upper management promised raises and great bonuses all lies. Raises was not at all raises based on the location but "what they could afford" witch is what the upper management was telling my boss people at my site where getting .10 .25 cent raises like WTH where do they do that at "DTI"..(so disrespectful)

Advice to Management

Treat your staff with some respect pay people what they are worth your Company would not be where it's at today if it was not for your staff working hard to keep your clients happy . Stop making promises that never happen

"No respect for hard work"

Former Employee - Project Manager in New London, CT
    Former Employee - Project Manager in New London, CT

I worked at DTI full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can gain experience though it comes with a price.

Cons

Poor management and a horrible work life balance

Advice to Management

Respect your employees - it goes a long way.

8. "Discovery Contractor"

Former Employee - Contractor in Olathe, KS
    Former Employee - Contractor in Olathe, KS

I worked at DTI (Less than a year)

Pros

The hours are flexible. The pay was better than other discovery contractors. The co-workers were all pretty friendly. Sometimes the managers brought in lunch.

Cons

The manager would frequently walk outside his office, walk up and down the room to observe what people were doing. We would get emails that constantly complained about people having desks that were too messy, food too smelly, perfume/cologne too strong, etc. The work was supposed to last 4-6 months and ended after 2.

Advice to Management

Design a better layout for workers (we worked at long tables, only half a foot next to the next person), be honest about how long the project will last (there was a court deadline we didn't know about.

"Buyout Central - No Work Culture"

Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Chicago, IL

I worked at DTI full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity to work with smart, motivated and experienced people in the litigation support field.

Chicago office is in a great building with Starbucks, restaurants, convenience store and nail salon on first floor.

Fast paced environment.

The high turnover has allowed me to make lots of industry connections.

Cons

From Iris to Epiq to DTI, I have worked for 3 different companies in less than two years. Iris didn't have a culture other than burning out and replacing their employees but at least there was room for advancement. Clique work environment is the closest thing to work culture here.

Quality of health benefits decreased once DTI took over.

Constant fires getting put out with bandaid solutions.

Employee morale is so low. Everyone has been afraid of getting fired so good people are jumping ship.

Don't believe the recruiters.

Micromanagement is the name of the game and public reprimanding is favored in the open floor plan.

Highest turnover rate I have experienced but it makes sense. Analysts and coordinators are burned out while the project managers and upper management sit nice and cushy and are way, way better paid.

Something is always broken or doesn't work which makes getting your job done a huge challenge in addition to the lack of resources in about every other department.

Was hired salary and then became hourly. Redundant time entry processes for admin workers.

Strained relationships between departments, lack of collaboration.

Advice to Management

Having to fend for yourself and adapt is no form of training. Why hire new people if you won't train them? Being told "this isn't so bad" doesn't empower or encourage your team to work harder.

Promote the hard workers and stop dangling carrots in their faces.

Just because your team is "hitting" their hours does not mean that they are working. Perhaps create an incentive for the project managers to train analysts as the manager does not have/make time to train his own employees.

"Admin support - court reporting"

Current Employee - Administrative Support in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Administrative Support in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at DTI full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

None - Court Reporting business is woefully lead by a nice man who does not know what he's doing.

Cons

Continuous RIFs, especially in court reporting. Never seen a more "depressed" workforce...really horrible. DO NOT JOIN THIS COMPANY at this time.

Advice to Management

Invest in the future of the company rather than trying to constantly "cut" your way to profitability. Management clearly does not understand the court reporting business, particularly at the most senior level.