DaVita Labs Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.1
Jason Cline

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Community First, Company Second!"

Current Employee - Lab Professional in Deland, FL
    Current Employee - Lab Professional in Deland, FL

I have been working at DaVita Labs full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This lab is filled with so many hard working and warm people!

Cons

There are a few negative folks out there that think the "grass is greener" elsewhere. It would be nice if they would kindly move on and not try to bring others down with them.

Advice to Management

Thanks for all of the opportunities you offer for career growth and development. This truly is an amazing place.

2. "DaVita Labs"

I have been working at DaVita Labs full-time

Pros

Mostly hardworking & loyal people in the trenches

Cons

Management turnover makes it tough to build rapport, trust, common vision. Not as much loyalty to long time employees as there used to be.

Advice to Management

Remember who helped get us to where we are. Remain loyal to those who remained loyal to the company, regardless of constant management turnstile activity.

"#DaVitaLabsRocks"

Current Employee - Patient Accounting Manager in Deland, FL
    Current Employee - Patient Accounting Manager in Deland, FL

I have been working at DaVita Labs full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

*Great company that invests both personally and professionally in their staff.
    *Opportunities for advancement and learning new tasks to allow growth.
    *Pay for Performance allows higher performers to earn more money.
    *Community First and a Company Second. Community service is at the forefront of this company. (Proud sponsor of Freedom Playground, ME Strong, & Duvall Home)

Cons

None. Great Company! Come join an amazing team. We will build the greatest Healthcare Company the World has ever seen!

"Lab"

I worked at DaVita Labs full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are a lot of awesome people that work at DaVita.

Cons

Upper Management and Human Resources are awful. If you are not part of the clique, you are out the door. Core Values are not exemplified by this group. There is zero integrity and accountability for their actions. I witnessed a supervisor belittling and bullying employees on a daily basis.

Advice to Management

Start living the core values and be a true example to your employees.

"Core values"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Deland, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Deland, FL

I worked at DaVita Labs full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The lab employees are great and alot is done for them. However they can never fill positions.

Cons

The core values are not represented at this Lab. Executive management is being fooled

Advice to Management

Really dig deep into your team players

"Accessioning Deparment"

Current Employee - Specimen Processor I in De Land, FL
    Current Employee - Specimen Processor I in De Land, FL

I have been working at DaVita Labs full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Teammates
    Commitment
    Benefits
    Fun days while working
    Opportunities to give back to the community

Cons

Pay
    Favoritism
    Bullying from supervisors
    Long 10-14 hour days with only one shift
    Some people don't care about the patient care

Advice to Management

Supervisors need to be around on the floor more, they get to have a work/life balance but not us. There should be less talking and turning around, and more focus on scanning and unloading the truck. Too much standing around when the truck is being unloaded. Many teammates take 20-25 min breaks everyday. The training program needs A LOT of work. New teammates are not learning all they need to know and believe they can goof off when they want, because they see their preceptor being able to do it. Many teammates who have been there for years never have received a raise, even if they say they qualify for one. People discuss their hourly pay with others, so, many of us know that there people starting off with higher wages doing the same job as us. Some have started as low as $9 and as high as $12+. I believe we all should be making the same pay. Knowing some of your team makes dollars more, doing the same job, is discouraging and displays the idea you are not as important. There are teammates that are so discouraged all they talk about is wanting to get out.

"A Shell of Its Former Self"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Deland, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Deland, FL

I have been working at DaVita Labs full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work-life balance, desk job, set schedule

Cons

Extremely clicky. Absolutely NO career advancement unless you're in with the management click. Low morale from teammates. Mind games and politics are in full force. Very unstable and anxious work environment. Pay is well below average and promotions do not guarantee a pay increase. Why would anyone want a promotion just to do more work without pay?! Bonuses that were promised to new hires are now a thing of the past as they will be gone in 2018 with the new 401k program. Management is sneaky and hides in their offices. Programs used are WAY behind on the times and server space practically non-existent. Not a day goes by that something is not working. No one takes responsibility for issues when they arise. Training is horrible, "quantity over quality" work is enforced resulting in no resolution of department issues. Management is rarely available and when they are, their disconnected and extremely defensive.

Advice to Management

This had been said repeatedly in town hall boxes, management meetings, and huddles..listen to the teammates who actually do the work on a daily. Management says they want to hear from us to make things better but when our feedback is given, we get nothing but push back and then decisions are made without talking to teammates. This organization will never get better with management making decisions based on spreadsheets and data as the data is manipulated. Don't make decisions on things you clearly don't understand. Promote teammates from within who have the knowledge and skill set to lead. Treat your teammates with respect and they will have it for you. Open your eyes and realize things haven't changed for a reason, because you haven't cleaned house. If you're able to gain the trust of teammates back, they will tell you exactly who and what the problems are. Unfortunately, People Services has a rep of discussing confidential information so that door has been closed by many teammates. We need new, qualified leadership to take over. Again, I say LEADERSHIP, not managers. We need people to lead, not sit in offices and run reports all day.

8. "AWESOME COMPANY"

Current Employee - Postdoctoral Fellow in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Postdoctoral Fellow in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at DaVita Labs full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

GROWTH!!! This company provide tools and resources for each teammate to growth perfessionally and personally.

Cons

Continue to encourage and support non fit teammates.

Advice to Management

Appreciate your RN

"Facilities operation maintenance manager"

Former Employee - Facilities Manager
    Former Employee - Facilities Manager

I worked at DaVita Labs full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

some nice people to work with

Cons

upper management are the good old boys

"Not bad"

I have been working at DaVita Labs (More than 5 years)

Pros

Local, small group not very big, great benefits.

Cons

Management uses teammates against each other, encourages to tell on each other which creates resentment and low morale. Pay is low and at annual reviews raise is almost next to nothing. It's a cliquish environment better to smile and try to pretend you're part of it to keep your job

Advice to Management

Award hard work with a team hourly wage with real annual increase