DaVita Labs Reviews | Glassdoor

"Great place!"

Current Employee - Laboratory Support
    Current Employee - Laboratory Support

I have been working at DaVita Labs full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The best job that I have ever had! I love this place and the people. We get birthday cakes every month, donut days and more. It's awesome!

Cons

You stay busy and stress can be high at times. There are usually key people who will help and pitch in. You just have to voice the need.

Advice to Management

Be as visible as you can. The teammates love to see and interact with you.

2. "AWESOME COMPANY"

Current Employee - Postdoctoral Fellow in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Postdoctoral Fellow in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at DaVita Labs full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

GROWTH!!! This company provide tools and resources for each teammate to growth perfessionally and personally.

Cons

Continue to encourage and support non fit teammates.

Advice to Management

Appreciate your RN

"Accessioning Deparment"

Current Employee - Specimen Processor I in De Land, FL
    Current Employee - Specimen Processor I in De Land, FL

I have been working at DaVita Labs full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Teammates
    Commitment
    Benefits
    Fun days while working
    Opportunities to give back to the community

Cons

Pay
    Favoritism
    Bullying from supervisors
    Long 10-14 hour days with only one shift
    Some people don't care about the patient care

Advice to Management

Supervisors need to be around on the floor more, they get to have a work/life balance but not us. There should be less talking and turning around, and more focus on scanning and unloading the truck. Too much standing around when the truck is being unloaded. Many teammates take 20-25 min breaks everyday. The training program needs A LOT of work. New teammates are not learning all they need to know and believe they can goof off when they want, because they see their preceptor being able to do it. Many teammates who have been there for years never have received a raise, even if they say they qualify for one. People discuss their hourly pay with others, so, many of us know that there people starting off with higher wages doing the same job as us. Some have started as low as $9 and as high as $12+. I believe we all should be making the same pay. Knowing some of your team makes dollars more, doing the same job, is discouraging and displays the idea you are not as important. There are teammates that are so discouraged all they talk about is wanting to get out.

5. "A Shell of Its Former Self"

I have been working at DaVita Labs full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work-life balance, desk job, set schedule

Cons

Extremely clicky. Absolutely NO career advancement unless you're in with the management click. Low morale from teammates. Mind games and politics are in full force. Very unstable and anxious work environment. Pay is well below average and promotions do not guarantee a pay increase. Why would anyone want a promotion just to do more work without pay?! Bonuses that were promised to new hires are now a thing of the past as they will be gone in 2018 with the new 401k program. Management is sneaky and hides in their offices. Programs used are WAY behind on the times and server space practically non-existent. Not a day goes by that something is not working. No one takes responsibility for issues when they arise. Training is horrible, "quantity over quality" work is enforced resulting in no resolution of department issues. Management is rarely available and when they are, their disconnected and extremely defensive.

Advice to Management

This had been said repeatedly in town hall boxes, management meetings, and huddles..listen to the teammates who actually do the work on a daily. Management says they want to hear from us to make things better but when our feedback is given, we get nothing but push back and then decisions are made without talking to teammates. This organization will never get better with management making decisions based on spreadsheets and data as the data is manipulated. Don't make decisions on things you clearly don't understand. Promote teammates from within who have the knowledge and skill set to lead. Treat your teammates with respect and they will have it for you. Open your eyes and realize things haven't changed for a reason, because you haven't cleaned house. If you're able to gain the trust of teammates back, they will tell you exactly who and what the problems are. Unfortunately, People Services has a rep of discussing confidential information so that door has been closed by many teammates. We need new, qualified leadership to take over. Again, I say LEADERSHIP, not managers. We need people to lead, not sit in offices and run reports all day.

"Fantastic work environment"

Current Employee - Instructional Designer in Deland, FL
    Current Employee - Instructional Designer in Deland, FL

I have been working at DaVita Labs full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I love going into work everyday and interacting with other teammates. It is personally rewarding to work on projects that are designed to streamline teammate processes. If you are involved and engaged at work, there are many opportunities at DaVita.

Cons

It's hard to find any cons with a company that you enjoy working for so much and that treats you with respect.

Advice to Management

Keep up manager engagement and teammate coaching.

"Could be great if it wasn't for Dirty HR / PS practices"

Current Employee - Medical Technologist III in Deland, FL
    Current Employee - Medical Technologist III in Deland, FL

I have been working at DaVita Labs full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

DaVita is a great company with a great culture.

Cons

The great culture only partially permeates down to the Labs.
    The HR / PS department is a group of people that basically decide your fate. If you are part of their click, then you're good, but if you're not, your out. They influence senior leadership to seal your fate and you get "Managed Out". That's right, with them it's a popularity contest and if you don't make the cut, you're dog food. What's more interesting is that the department is basically unnecessary, HR has been centralized and having several HR / PS people in the Labs is just paying salary for nothing. They do some employee development training... well, the Labs have a training department that can handle that no problem.

Advice to Management

Get rid of HR / PS. You'll see your teammate satisfaction numbers go through the roof. They are viewed as bullies and people are literally scarred of them. Some people defend them out of fear of retaliation. Read the reviews here... there is a common theme. HR / PS are the problem in Deland and Fort Lauderdale. Be smart get rid of them all.

"Dynamic Work Enviorment"

Former Employee - Lab Customer Support Supervisor in Plantation, FL
    Former Employee - Lab Customer Support Supervisor in Plantation, FL

I worked at DaVita Labs (More than 3 years)

Pros

Core Values that are practiced by employees, Village mentality, Career roadmaps for teammates who want to purse employment within the company. Human Resources listens to your concerns and responds to your request. Competitive salaries, quarterly bonuses. Leadership training programs.Teamwork with other departments and facilities. Leadership listens to teammates and responds. Fun environment!

Cons

High volume of work tasks can sometimes be frustrating for new teammates who are still in the learning phase.

Advice to Management

Continue to improve on technology, you have the solid strategy in place to groom success.

"Not about the cake"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Deland, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Deland, FL

I have been working at DaVita Labs full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

This lab and the services we provide are amazing. This used to be OUR lab and it felt like home.

Cons

It's not about the cake and parties. It's about how the teammates are no longer important to upper management. We're treated like nuisances and the resentment and frustration builds daily.

Advice to Management

Everyone is 'in the weeds' but let's not degrade those that truly care about this lab and are doing their best every single day.

"Executive Administration"

Former Employee - Lab Tech in Deland, FL
    Former Employee - Lab Tech in Deland, FL

I worked at DaVita Labs full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Teammates to work with

Cons

Awful HR especially those in upper management. Very unprofessional, disrespectful... Not very helpful and mostly arrogant... Avoids interacting with teammates, and always works from home. Lack of experience. Sadly, does not represent Davita's core values and does not deserve to represent this firm.

Advice to Management

Replace your HR and bring some quality friendly HR staff...

"Great Company... Labs, not so much"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Deland, FL

Pros

Parent Company and Core Values are phenomenal!
    HQ is great!

Cons

Leadership is the worst. Everyone hides behind HR or "People Sevices". They are way too involved in decision making. It's worse than High School. Clicky and riddled with gossip. Completely different experience than HQ. Youre just a number and if they don't like you or don't think you're good enough, they won't help make you better... Just talk about you behind your back. Not much of a team of you ask me.

Advice to Management

Stop hiding behind HR.
    Live up Core Values, not just make it look good on paper
    Especially Acountability.. leadership should really revisit the meaning of this word