DaVita PCT Reviews | Glassdoor

2.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
DaVita Chairman and CEO Kent J. Thiry
Kent J. Thiry

Pros
  • Company values home/work life balance, and supports teammates in maintaining that healthy balance (in 56 reviews)

• Living the Core Values of DaVita is put into reality as they intentionally make decisions in alignment with each of them (in 99 reviews)

1. "PCT"

Former Employee - Reuse/PCT in Johnson City, TN
    Former Employee - Reuse/PCT in Johnson City, TN

I worked at DaVita part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits, the people, the travel and the patients

Cons

not really going to move up in the company based off of hard work.

"PCT"

Former Employee - Pct in Country Club Hills, IL
    Former Employee - Pct in Country Club Hills, IL

I worked at DaVita full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay is good, you have set hours and days. Once you've been there for six months you are able to float to other sites to work in addition to your regular shift to do overtime. That's if you wanted to make extra money.

Cons

It is a fast paced environment and some of the patients can be difficult to deal with at times. They don't allow downtime in between shifts so that the employees can get a break to get water, use the restroom, and take their time with their patients.

Advice to Management

Please allow downtime in between shifts so that the employees can get a break to get water, use the restroom, and take their time with the patients and don't treat it like a fast food restaurant. Schedule the patients accordingly so that it's transparent to them.

"Fast paced and rewarding if you go to work looking for more than a paycheck"

Current Employee - Pct in Panama City, FL
    Current Employee - Pct in Panama City, FL

I have been working at DaVita full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I enjoy treating the patients, the company benefits that help further education, and the availability to promote within company. I

Cons

Long hours, budgeting always seems to clash with clinical needs (i.e. Staffing). If staffing is adequate, the patient care increases exponentially

Advice to Management

Be more involved with clinical staff and making patient care truly a priority

"PCT / LPN"

Former Employee - PCT/Licensed Practical Nurse in Winter Haven, FL
    Former Employee - PCT/Licensed Practical Nurse in Winter Haven, FL

I worked at DaVita (More than 3 years)

Pros

most of the floor staff was fun! The patients were great and fun! the social worker and dietitian did a lot of fun stuff for the patients every month! I LOVE DOING THIS JOB!! I really wish i could have stayed, and the benefits were very good!

Cons

The group FA was a bully, they only ever gave a 2% raise unless you were in good with the boss. higher raises were promised and had to be fought for and bonus were promised for going above and beyond but never received. Things were subject to change on a whim and the good people that stood up for themselves and others were gotten rid of and the bad ones were praised for not causing any "problems". The only recognition recieved was a davita card with why someone else thought you were special!

Advice to Management

somethings need to be looked into with out someone causing problems after being let go. there was a manager that was putting people up just to drag them down!! And instead of doing the right thing and getting rid of them that manager was transferred to another department!

6. "PCT"

Current Employee - Pct in Woburn, MA
    Current Employee - Pct in Woburn, MA

Pros

Coworkers are great to work with and really work as a team to get the job done.

Cons

Management decision can be questionable sometimes and feel like their employees are not the focus.

Advice to Management

Listen to your people and pay them better for the long hours we put in.

"Dialysis tech"

Current Employee - Pct
    Current Employee - Pct

I have been working at DaVita full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Depending on what location you get assigned to the environment could be very fun in regards to patient interaction.

Cons

You don't get to pick where you want to go. You don't know where you're going to be assigned to work until after you're hired and gone through the training process. The money you get paid is not a lot. They keep saying that it will increase quickly but it's highly stressful. You're on your feet practically the whole time. Management is very political in nature so when you have a grievance you get the runaround

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. And pay them more starting out if you want them to stay for the amount of stress and work you are requiring

8. "PCT"

Current Employee - Pct II
    Current Employee - Pct II

I have been working at DaVita full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Meet a lot of good workers and patients that you built relationships with. Company tries to creat a family feeling or a team feeling. All for one and one for all!

Cons

Company doesn't care about employees or patients. Makes us seem wanted at times but in the end we aren't given the right time and tools to provide perfect patient care. As a result we lose a lot of patients. All for one and none for all.

Advice to Management

My FA is amazing but there is only so much she can do. She's always on a budget. Advice to the company? Listen to your employees. Don't let patients suffer because you want more money.

9. "PCT"

Current Employee - Pct in Denver, CO

I have been working at DaVita full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Patients are very nice and grateful for what you do.

Cons

Under paid for all the work a PCT does!!!!!!

"PCT and Inventory Specialist"

Current Employee - Pct in Russellville, AR
    Current Employee - Pct in Russellville, AR

I have been working at DaVita full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent company to work for! They pay for travels and encourage fun in the workplace. The benefits are amazing, and I never feel unappreciated.

Cons

There are not a lot of cons with this company. The work hours are long. The work schedule varies every week.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Continue to improve the workplace for teammates, and keep stressing the importance of our values and health!

11. "pct"

I have been working at DaVita full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I love my patient and taking care of them

Cons

boss do not work with me and m doc, and the pts are to close together for being safe for he pts and team.