DaVita Reviews | Glassdoor

DaVita Chairman and CEO Kent J. Thiry
Kent J. Thiry

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Demanding environment and hard to maintain work-life balance (in 85 reviews)

• No 401k match, no consistency in RN hours per center (in 77 reviews)

"Worst place I have ever worked!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at DaVita full-time

Pros

Coffee styrofoam cups and Oreos

Cons

Let's start with the words lies and scam!

Advice to Management

Get a job at subway! There IS no management. Training is a disorganized nightmare! Too short staffed to train so the new
    Person has to figure it out on his own. 12-16 hours per shift! For less than McDonalds pays! DO NOT WORK HERE!

2. "Ina Ghetto DaVita"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

I worked at DaVita full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are no pros or benefits.

Cons

What a rat race! Poverty wages. Benefits are mediocre to bad. Warehoused in a cube farm. They treat contractors like garbage. The sheeple working there appear to be blissfully ignorant and content. Management style includes lies and insults. Bye Felicia!

Advice to Management

You're hopeless!

"nurse"

Former Employee - Nurse in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Nurse in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at DaVita full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There are no pros as far as I'm concerned.

Cons

Worst company I've ever worked for. They treat their employees horrible. All DaVita cares about is making money. Period.

Advice to Management

Hire managers who have a medical background and are professional.

4. "Worst pharmacy company"

I have been working at DaVita (More than a year)

Pros

No pros that I can think of

Cons

No one here knows what's going on. Management constantly lies, backtracks and contradicts each other. The software they use here is antiquated. The majority of employees you find here are incompetent and lazy. That includes pharmacists and higher ups. This company lies to their patients and tries to suck up not only their money but tax payer money. Avoid this place, it will not help you advance your career nor your personal development.

"What is was like being a female employee in the Brentwood Office"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, TN

I worked at DaVita full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The dress code and parking

Cons

My male boss has a habit of coming over to my very open cube and just stares at me for approxinately a minute. He frowns, shakes his head and storms off. An hour of so later he reprimands me by saying so and so noticed. I sit directly in front of him and have from day one. He watches when I go to the bathroom and come and go. If I change my schedule, he changes his to the same schedule. If I leave the building, I am supposed to tell him where I am going and when I will be back. I am not allowed to work from home or use my cell phone for any reason during working hours including emergencies. I was disciplined for making a personal call, reading training materials, not using the company headset or second monitor and not speaking up in a meeting when they were talking about processes that made no sense. He threatened to fire me before my vacation, pulls me into conference rooms where he reprimands me for things that no normal person would, talks down to me, yells and attacks me, talks about me to everyone, expects me to work 10 hour days without a break and assigned me the task of a scribe on a project only to kick me off three months later. I am not sure why I was ever hired in the first place. The atmosphere there is terrible. No one goes to lunch and only interacts with each other when management isn't around. If you are a female, don't go work here. They will stick you with this supervisor who clearly hates women. Also, they have no concept of software development. They are too hung up on processes, extreme micromanagement and harassment instead of actually getting work done. You actually get graded on your work and are given very unreasonable instructions on how to do it.

Advice to Management

Stop the insanity. This is guy is in clear violation of the sexual harassment laws. Do something about it. Quit wasting time developing processes that do not work and let the people you hired to do the job do it. The companies that treat their people well have the best innovation and success.

DaVita Response

Oct 9, 2017 – Project Manager, Employment Strategy

I am sorry to hear about your experience and we have zero tolerance for any type of harassment in the workplace. We encourage you to call our teammate relations department so you can share your... More

"Davita core values are for executive only"

Former Employee - Facilities Manager in Tacoma, WA
    Former Employee - Facilities Manager in Tacoma, WA

I worked at DaVita full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Patient outcomes are good. Good clinical programs

Cons

Over worked underpaid always short staffed front like employees qualify for food stamps

Advice to Management

Pay front line folks fairly

"IT organization is AWFUL!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at DaVita full-time

Pros

I hear that the team work at the clinics are great....

Cons

Worst IT department I have ever worked for. Leadership is lacking, whining teammate engineers who are lack luster at their jobs (they would have been fired a long time ago at other companies), consultant/contracter heavy, offshore supplier provides horrible resources that can barely do their jobs, projects that are run in the most inefficent manner and deadlines that are impossible to meet and does not produce quality applications. A lot of wasted money on inefficent projects and not coming up to modernized applications and automation. Pushback from leadership to move to public cloud solution and way behind on the times when it comes to some of the technology. Offshore supplier supplies HORRIBLE resources who do are tier 1 at best and they are consider senior level and/or SMEs.

Advice to Management

Stop butting your noses in things you don't have a clue about. Support your teams and don't attempt to bring them down like you do. Be more transparent within the organization. Stop lying to people or doing things behind their backs that is morally wrong! Have better work/life balance for both the Teammates and GTM's. Quit treating us all like we are dispensable and start hiring quality instead of quanity of engineers.

8. "Division Finance Manager"

Former Employee - Division Finance Manager in Tacoma, WA
    Former Employee - Division Finance Manager in Tacoma, WA

I worked at DaVita full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun holiday parties and lots of free stuff (t-shirts, etc.)

Cons

sweat-shop; low retention of team members; Directors and VPs learning how to manage people on the job without experience; promote from within non-existent; no 360 degree feedback on personal review as well as your boss; Directors and above manage up well but kick down harder; trust on teams big issue - annual reviews are full of surprises; pass the salt.

Advice to Management

Elect a new mayor.

9. "Very Long hours and Understaffed"

I worked at DaVita full-time

Pros

There is a lot of teamwork

Cons

Very long hours and Understaffed

Advice to Management

They worry about the Dollar instead of the Patients

"RN"

Former Employee - RN Staff Nurse in Waukesha, WI
    Former Employee - RN Staff Nurse in Waukesha, WI

I worked at DaVita full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Initially all about team support, free food, and fun! Not so much once in the door. All smiles are gone and rudeness shows.

Cons

All about the money and protecting their image. Do not care about the floor staff or patients. Do not care about proper staffing, just overwork everyone else. Numerous DaVita Teams to protect themselves and their image. Many teaching videos you do outside work time hours and get signed off at a required fast pace, this protects them, not you, from lawsuits stating you were educated and signed off. They will project image of spoiling staff with food or free lunch but behind doors you are invaluable. Rude interview process for Janesville area with a very condescending Facility Administrator. They need to focus on keeping the quality staff instead of lazy ones that just fall in line and are robots never questioning if things are done safely or correctly. I guess they get more bang for their buck with those since lower paid and less experience.

Advice to Management

Keep quality staff not unqualified just because they are cheaper and follow in line like a robot or do not ask questions or point things out.

Showing 284 of 1,932 reviews