DaVita Reviews | Glassdoor

2.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
DaVita Chairman and CEO Kent J. Thiry
Kent J. Thiry

Pros
  • Company values home/work life balance, and supports teammates in maintaining that healthy balance (in 56 reviews)

• Living the Core Values of DaVita is put into reality as they intentionally make decisions in alignment with each of them (in 99 reviews)

1. "Biomed"

Former Employee - Biomedical Equipment Technician in Wadesboro, NC
    Former Employee - Biomedical Equipment Technician in Wadesboro, NC

I worked at DaVita full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

You have plenty of work... Buy a new car you need it

Cons

You're on call 24-7 they will tell you no but, you'll have calls all the time.management only care about the the bonuses they get.you can do better than work for this company.they wanted to get me top pay after 21 yrs But why did I have to leave to get it..Had enough of the back stabbing.

Advice to Management

You can not keep good working people...Note you have a serious problem and it you..

"A good place to get your foot in the door."

Current Employee - Service Desk Professional in Brentwood, TN
    Current Employee - Service Desk Professional in Brentwood, TN

I have been working at DaVita part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The work environment and experience is the main reasons to stay within the per diem program. The pay is good while in school.

Cons

The quality assurance team is the reason why the turnover rate is so high. The metrics is also relatively high to maintain. Another downfall is there is no growth while in the per diem program.

Advice to Management

If you want to reduce the turnover rate and make your employees very happy, give them opportunities like shadowing other teams and reduce the metrics to reduce the stress of the work environment. Also changing the QA system.

"Acute Rn"

Former Employee - Acute Dialysis RN in Ocala, FL
    Former Employee - Acute Dialysis RN in Ocala, FL

I worked at DaVita full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Furtune 500 company so growth and job security is very good. Opportunities for advancement is very good. Can be a long term career.

Cons

No 401k. Pay is not up to market standards. Constant pressure to work faster from Administration while QA is always looking for mistakes. They do not listen to your recommendations it's the Davita Way ONLY. When poor planning happens from coordinating it's always an emergency for you, and if you don't put your life 2nd then your pressured as a problem employee. Benefits are very expensive for a family while the company is constantly giving to the needy. They promise a lot of chances for "triple Crown" bonuses/ profit Sharping etc. however it never happens smoke and mirrors. When you need time off or vacations your made feel guilty - your leaving your team in a bind and your not a team player. Coordinators pick favorites and dump on "non-team players". If your looking for clear cut rules and understandable requirements. If your looking for a job that stays out of your personal/family obligations. Would not recommend! If your single and looking to join a VIllage and commit everything to them there is definitely opportunity.

Advice to Management

In interviews please be honest about money, and job requirements.

"Not a very nice company to work for"

Former Employee - Home Dialysis RN in Weymouth, MA
    Former Employee - Home Dialysis RN in Weymouth, MA

I worked at DaVita full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I honestly can't find a good reason to work there. I was there for over 3 years and it was constant, ridiculous changes being made to everything to the point where not one person really knew what they were doing. Then if you weren't up to date with all the changes you were penalized. They penalize people a lot for things that are really not their responsibility. I worked as an RN in their home program and if a patient didn't reach a goal our bonuses were taken away. I felt so many times that I was more of a salesman that a nurse.

Cons

No profit sharing. Poor management. Horrible HR. I called several times to complain about certain problems that I was having and even though they state that they are for the employee, they are not....they never called me back, never emailed me back.

Advice to Management

Consider making it more about the patient than the bottom line. When I started there, I started with 4 other nurses. All 4 left within the first 6 months of being employed there for lack of support. No preceptors, no follow up, just being thrown into a position and expected to do everything the Davita way. Stop spending so much money on your parties, hire more people to do the job right and stop working people to death or right out the door. You would have less people walking out the door at a moment's notice. Stop talking the talk and walk the walk.

"Profit oriented, not patient centered."

Current Employee - Dialysis Technician in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Dialysis Technician in Dayton, OH

I have been working at DaVita full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The nurses and the techs in the trenches are some of the most hardworking and caring people I've ever worked with. The pts range from almost intolerable to the sweetest people you'll ever care for.

Cons

Extremely top-heavy management. Cost cutting at expense of quality of care to patients while funding alcohol-fueled retreats for management. Upper tiers create unreasonable initiatives for staff to implement. These upper tiers have never worked, or have forgotten what it's like to work, on a treatment floor. Clinics are expected to retroactively account for labor hours lost when pts do not show up as scheduled.

Advice to Management

Cut the excessive bonuses you reward yourselves with and invest in better clinics. Quit buying dialysis machines from our biggest competitor. Accept responsibility for goals not met. If our clinic didn't meet triple crown criteria, then neither did Davita... one for all and all for one.

"PAS"

Former Employee - PAs in Tacoma Junction, WA
    Former Employee - PAs in Tacoma Junction, WA

I worked at DaVita full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Coworkers are great to work with, we were like one big family and the training is great. Lots of opportunities for training to be better at the systems they have at DaVita

Cons

New people coming in at higher pay then the devoted workers that of been there for years. Pay raises are horrible only pennies on the dollar. You are not compensated for your very hard and dedicated work

Advice to Management

Get up-to-date with the pay salary scale and treat your teammates that of been there for a while better

"I would not recommend"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

I have been working at DaVita full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun at times. Benefits are decent.

Cons

Cliques, exclusion, they do not pay you what you are worth. They will over work you.
    Tons of favoritism.

Advice to Management

Your employees are people not robots. When you get a new employee no matter the age, weight or their statute don't judge them and make them feel like an outsider.
    Just because you have a title does not make you better than those who work for you.
    The CEO should be more involved with the employees besides the videos that come out monthly. He claims it's a Village, but he does not visit his village very often if ever.
    The managers here believe that all the compensation should go to the executives and those working hardest should be paid minimal. If it wasn't for the ants the grasshoppers would starve.

"It has potential, most are poorly ran"

Current Employee - Dialysis Tech in Huntsville, TX
    Current Employee - Dialysis Tech in Huntsville, TX

I have been working at DaVita full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The patients. My former supervisor was amazing but some people did not care for her, banned together, and had her fired. If the culture was implemented as it is presented in theory it would be amazing

Cons

The unpredictable hours. They can range from 3am-10pm. The pay is terrible for pet's considering they run the place

Advice to Management

The pay of $13/hour for certified dialysis Technicians is ridiculous compared to an lvn who does the EXACT same job but gets paid over $22 an hour. Also for the clinics only opened MWF or TTS please consider a second shift, maybe let some employees work from 3am-12pm and a second shift from 12pm-closing. The turnover rate at my clinic was ridiculous and those are the top 2 reasons why. Also the fact that we lost our FA because a few of the slackers in administration banned together and got her fired mysteriously. Now, they are running the clinic.

"Better from the outside looking in."

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Denver, CO

I worked at DaVita full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

DaVita is a well respected company with a big presence in Denver and is rapidly growing. But if I'm being honest the cafeteria and office space are the two best things about this place.

Cons

Leadership tries to cultivate a unique/fun culture, however this gets completely undermined by the actions of management and how employees are treated. Directors and others in leadership roles are often lacking in professionalism and tact. Some prefer passive aggressiveness, while others prefer to berate their reports in front of others for no reason other than to test them. They have a lack luster compensation/benefits package and a strong inclination to hire from the outside rather than promote from within. Unless you have an ivy league MBA and meet the arbitrary threshold for "VP potential" be prepared to churn and burn until you see yourself to the door.

Advice to Management

Focus on your people and align formal and informal systems. You can't paint the words 'teamwork' and 'fulfillment' on the walls when the actual experience is 'every man for himself' and 'please do the same mind numbing tasks over and over with a smile on your face'. Protect your investment in your people by empowering them to grow with the company rather than the current MO of burn out, replace, repeat.

"Worst management staff ever!"

Former Employee - A/R Specialist in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - A/R Specialist in Tempe, AZ

I worked at DaVita full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None that I can think of. From day one the office was completely dysfunctional. It's very sad when you have to train your supervisor on how the A/R system works. Very unprofessional.

Cons

Management is a joke! If you're her best friend then you get a cubicle, office equipment and supplies to do your job. If you're not in with the supervisor good luck in ever getting your job done and beware in your weekly meeting your poor job performance will be brought to your attention even if you didn't have the supplies and office equipment available to you to get your job done.

Advice to Management

Upper management: Please only hire management with experience and professionalism. Your office will run much more smoother and your collection goals will be reached much quicker.

Showing 278 of 1,644 reviews