DaVita Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
DaVita Chairman and CEO Kent J. Thiry
Kent J. Thiry

1,722 Employee Reviews

Pros
  • Company values home/work life balance, and supports teammates in maintaining that healthy balance (in 56 reviews)

• live the core values and believe in the company's mission (in 107 reviews)

Cons
  • Demanding environment and hard to maintain work-life balance (in 81 reviews)

• No 401k match, no consistency in RN hours per center (in 77 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brownsville, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brownsville, TX

I have been working at DaVita full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company really believes in investing in it's "teammates". The company itself truly believes in it's core values which is difficult to find in corporate America these days. As in any large corporation (DaVita is a Fortune 200 company), it is up to the leadership at the facility level to really create an environment where the team also feels those core values at play. Professional development is taken very seriously, and there are so many training curriculums and growth opportunities to help equip teammates at every level to do their job well and create opportunity for advancement--most of which include traveling which is a plus for many people (myself included) I've made really good professional connections at several trainings I have attended, many that have turned into friendships that I believe will follow me.

Cons

The company considers itself the gold standard of the dialysis industry. With that said, there are challenges for any role. There are metrics to meet and policies to adhere to. This may be a con to some people who are just looking to collect a check. In my opinion, being challenged is a positive, especially when the company does try to provide you with the tools and resources to be successful.

"Awesome place with awesome perks"

Current Employee - Deskside Tech in Brentwood, TN
    Current Employee - Deskside Tech in Brentwood, TN

Pros

Davita is a awsome place because most people do not talk down to you. The pay is very nice and the people are awesome

Cons

None so far. I like the place.

Advice to Management

Nothing. They already go well out of their way to thank us for our work.

"DaVita is a GREAT place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Berwyn, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Berwyn, PA

Pros

I have never worked at a company who supports the personal and professional growth of it's teammates so passionately. It offers fantastic opportunities for leadership development, clinical skills training and all of the management that I have worked with have been personally supportive of my career at DaVita.

Cons

Compensation is lower than where I would like to see it. The benefits are adequate but not great.

Advice to Management

Continue to be as committed to developing and caring for your patients and teammates as you are now. Never lose sight of our Mission and Values. They are as much a living and breathing part of the Village as our teammates. As long as we continue to make decisions with our Mission and Values in mind we will continue to be successful.

"Great company with lots of growth opportunities."

Former Employee - Biomedical Technician in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Biomedical Technician in Denver, CO

Pros

DaVita truly embraces the team concept.
    There are many opportunities for growth.
    Benefits package is among the best in the industry.

Cons

The only bad experiences that I had with DaVita were related to individual Facility Administrators that were from strictly clinical backgrounds and had no idea how to manage people effectively.

Advice to Management

Ensure that middle and lower level managers embrace the team concept and treat their employees with the respect that they all deserve. I think it is very important to try to find Facility Administrators that have a foundation of clinical experience AND formal, college level management training. Some administrators seem to embrace the leadership training that they receive from DaVita while others couldn't care less.

5. "Excellent Employee Development"

Current Employee - Help Desk Supervisor in Brentwood, TN
    Current Employee - Help Desk Supervisor in Brentwood, TN

Pros

DaVita invests a lot into it's employees in the way of growth. From my experience, all employees are given the opportunity to excel and grow in their career.

Cons

This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but the culture is quite different at DaVita. If you're not an extrovert you'll definitely be taken out of your comfort zone at first, but you get used to it and it's a great way to help you grow in the area of "coming out of your shell" if you struggle with it.

Advice to Management

Pay a little more attention to the service quality of each business support department as it relates to serving other departments (not only field Teammates and Patients).

"Davita is a Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, TN

Pros

I think DaVita is a great company to work for. I have been here for 5 years and have nothing but good things to say

Cons

Benefits could be more competitive, but that's about it. No other real complaints or concerns to share.

Advice to Management

Continue to be open and honest with those you support. As always, the lines f communication are improtant for all members of the company.

"Excellent training"

Current Employee - Pct in El Paso, TX

Pros

Experienced personnel, friendly staff, nice patients

Cons

salary low, rough hours, distance

Advice to Management

Raise salary for pct's

8. "A very very good place to grow in many ways.!!"

Current Employee - Pct in El Paso, TX

Pros

Um first a shout to feli(mongiz), manny(best trainer ever),ursula(very good tech).. Everygood enviorment to be in, very fast and stressing but everything can be done with personal will.

Cons

Um the RN can be hard to deal with.!!!!!!!

Advice to Management

Um first a shout to Feli(mongiz), Manny(best trainer ever),Ursula(very good tech), Nicole P(best FA to be known)... best training ever...

"Its great"

Current Employee - Dialysis Technician in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Dialysis Technician in San Diego, CA

Pros

Room to move up, team work

Cons

informatiom at times is hard to come by

Advice to Management

if the job says as don't ask for ba

"The Best Place To Work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Pros

Great leadership! The patients Need us! Drink the Davita Kool-aide and you will not regret it!

Cons

The health care plan isn't the greatest! But who does
    Have a great one. No 401k match!

Advice to Management

Visit the clinics again...make a tour to clinics around the country!

Showing 1,722 of 1,760 reviews