DaVita Reviews | Glassdoor

1,089 Ratings

1,997 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Demanding environment and hard to maintain work-life balance (in 86 reviews)

• No 401k match, no consistency in RN hours per center (in 77 reviews)

1. "Facility Administrator"

I worked at DaVita full-time

Pros

Their culture is embedded throughout the company.

Cons

Very clique'ish. Poor teamwork and support from management.

Advice to Management

Be open to feedback and don't make excuses.

2. "Good company with lofty goals."

I have been working at DaVita full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

DaVita has some amazing, smart people that work there. It is awesome when you get to interact with them. There are also a lot of really fun projects and opportunities to improve yourself.

Cons

Really hard work and overwhelming amounts. Everything has to be done yesterday. Some people are not great to work with and they seem to stay. If you are not one of the really smart people you are treated like you don't exist.

3. "Pct"

Former Employee - PC Technician
    Former Employee - PC Technician

I worked at DaVita full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Provided food
    Some friendly coworkers

Cons

Pay, Training ,Management,sick leave just a horrible place to work but the patients are amazing wish better management and staff

Advice to Management

Don't talk to your employees how ever you please and actually train them the right way instead of sitting them on a computer giving them the wrong reading and learning material and never check on them

4. "Just boarding"

I have been working at DaVita full-time

Pros

Easy hiring process, people seem friendly.

Cons

A bit unorganized--contact information was not given and had to find other ways to get manager information, Follow up is a bit slow when I have questions but when I am messaged they expect immediate response.

"You're making a difference - no matter your role"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at DaVita full-time

Pros

At DaVita you can leave work every day knowing you are making in a difference in someones life whether you are a clinical or corporate teammate.

The best perks of working for DaVita is they really care for your well-being; both personally and professionally. I've seen some amazing teammates come together to provide support for those who are going through really tough times, and also celebrate those who have accomplished their goals.

You'll work alongside some very driven and smart people. That can be great to aid you in your career but you also need to remember to be on your A-game.

Cons

DaVita leaders expect a lot, so expect to give 100% in return. Ask a lot of questions and be an advocate for yourself. Sometimes life-alignment can be a challenge but that looks different for each individual.

6. "Facility administrator"

Current Employee - Facility Administrator in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Current Employee - Facility Administrator in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I have been working at DaVita full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Fun atmosphere. Davita cares about its teammates.

Cons

A lot of tasks put on each teammate

7. "It was a supportive and positive workplace."

Former Employee - Social Worker III in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Social Worker III in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at DaVita full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

You really get to know your patients and form nice relationships with your team. Working with dialysis patients was highly rewarding for me because of the relationships I formed. I also happened to work with a team that was really committed to patient care most of the time. The management was receptive to my concerns. I so appreciated that, and they were very much interested in promoting me. There is a company culture which I found to be very supportive of people who want to grow or change their skill set within the company.

Cons

I sought support for the caseload I had and it was very hard to get the help. It seemed like some of the management believed we needed smaller caseloads, but the company was just beginning to take it seriously when I left. This is an area that could improve, and likely is improving.

Advice to Management

I think paying attention to the clerical demands of the social workers and providing clerical support or reducing caseloads would greatly improve social worker morale and patient satisfaction.

"Great patients. Great coworkers. Okay schedule. Okay benefits."

Current Employee - Pct in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Pct in Southfield, MI

I have been working at DaVita full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Caring for and getting to know your patients gives you a sense of worth. You have these patients lives in your hand. They depend on you.

Cons

They pay should be way more for techs. You have patients lives in your hand. There is no way a phlebotomist at the plasma center should make the same amount as a pct. The pay is despicable starting off.

Advice to Management

Fight for better pay for your techs. Don’t always allow patients to get away with everything.

9. "It's a tough job, has its rewarding moments and would be worth it if not for the measly pay for how hard you work"

Current Employee - Dialysis Technician in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Dialysis Technician in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at DaVita full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1) 401k match up to 3%
    2) Flexible scheduling
    3) Paid training
    4) Financial aid/scholarships for continuing education in the medical field

Cons

1) Long & stressful shifts
    2) Rude patients
    3) Shift begins at 5 am and usually ends around 3-4 pm depending on when your last patient ends, sometimes as late as 7 pm if you close
    4) Awful wage to work ratio; the job is NOT financially rewarding at all for how hard you work and literally having somebody's life in your hands. Some coworkers have been working as dialysis techs for over 2 decades and make barely $5 more than me per hour.

Advice to Management

Workers need to be paid more..some techs have been working for over 2 decades and are still paid less than $20/hr

10. "Admissions Specialist Overview"

Current Employee - Admissions Specialist in Centennial, CO
    Current Employee - Admissions Specialist in Centennial, CO

I have been working at DaVita full-time (More than a year)

Pros

good insurance benefits, good core values, good experience, good food- cool Christmas parties and other annual events, opportunity for growth, encouraged new process and idea application, sustainable practices encouraged, sustainable resources provided, transportation services provided (free light rail pass), ethical community/team

Cons

micro management, high stress, poor disciplinary action, training is minimal and could use development, overly corporate, unclear rules, high expectations, favoritism, politics

Advice to Management

opportunities for growth include: disciplinary action, financial reward to those that excel

Showing 1,997 of 2,044 reviews