DaVita Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated April 28, 2017
1,656 reviews

Full-time Part-time

1,656 Employee Reviews

Pros
  • Company values home/work life balance, and supports teammates in maintaining that healthy balance (in 56 reviews)

• Strong culture - lives mission & core values (in 102 reviews)

"Could be better"

Current Employee - Patient Care Technician in Silver Spring, MD
    Current Employee - Patient Care Technician in Silver Spring, MD

I have been working at DaVita full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Loads of extra benefits, the company works with my schedule for school

Cons

Long days, takes up most of the day. Low pay

Advice to Management

Respect your techs. They hold your clinic together.

"Registered Nurse"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at DaVita full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Above-average pay rate, for which you are overworked and end up spending on healthcare costs because benefits copays and deductibles deplete this. Hope you are healthy and remain healthy.

Cons

Benefits are poor with high deductibles and out of pocket costs in the $7,000 per year range. That's astonishing

High stress, fast paced with complete lack of accountability

Facility Administrators are not required to be clinical and cannot help out on the floor

Many call offs and high turnover

Patients and Patient care technicians many times run the clinic, instead of absent admin

Accountability absent, workers act out and process to rid them is too long or nonexistent

Flexing people off and sending them home when over on hours. How is work getting done?

Promotions should be considered for high performers. Instead it is a popularity contest and who knows who.

Advice to Management

Most upper management do not appreciate a strong and consistent manager who holds employees to standards and follows the rules. Rules are set for a reason.

"Team leader"

Former Employee - Team Lead in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Team Lead in Orlando, FL

I worked at DaVita full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They instill a feeling of community

Cons

The commute, and the knowing my duties could be completed as a work from home job.

"Don't Do It... RUN the other way"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at DaVita full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A good amount of my peers were good people and fun to work with. The location and eco-pass is a great perk.

Cons

Davita is extremely behind the times, especially in terms of software development. They claim they've adopted Agile methodologies but the size of the company inhibits any fast development or releases.
    The Leadership in the IT spaces are completely clueless of what their teams are accomplishing. They fail to deliver clear objectives and strategy, do not provide any metrics to measure success and use the squishy core values to fall back on when evaluating performance.
    If you are applying to a "Product" position, I suggest you reframe it in your mind as a glorified user story writer. There is minimal importance placed on discovery, less on validation and there is a major gap in any user feedback loop. When it comes to making major decisions about products, your expert knowledge is quickly overlooked unless you have someone higher on the food chain on your side, regardless of valuable data you bring to the table. Decisions are usually made with a very pie-in-the-sky motivation or short-termed thinking.
    There is a great emphasis placed on "executive presence." Essentially, if can and want to play in politics, then you should get by just fine.

Advice to Management

Get a clue

6. "DaVita Acutes"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at DaVita full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I currently work with DaVita acutes in New Orleans. I love working with an excellent team. In the acutes the day is always different and you get to see a wide range of patients. It's good to work in a setting where you can see a direct impact on the patients.

Cons

The only con for acutes is having to take call but it's balanced by the fact that you are included in a specialized team of nurses and only you have the skills and knowledge to provide this treatment to a patient in trouble.

"Acute Rn"

Former Employee - Acute Dialysis RN in Ocala, FL
    Former Employee - Acute Dialysis RN in Ocala, FL

I worked at DaVita full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Furtune 500 company so growth and job security is very good. Opportunities for advancement is very good. Can be a long term career.

Cons

No 401k. Pay is not up to market standards. Constant pressure to work faster from Administration while QA is always looking for mistakes. They do not listen to your recommendations it's the Davita Way ONLY. When poor planning happens from coordinating it's always an emergency for you, and if you don't put your life 2nd then your pressured as a problem employee. Benefits are very expensive for a family while the company is constantly giving to the needy. They promise a lot of chances for "triple Crown" bonuses/ profit Sharping etc. however it never happens smoke and mirrors. When you need time off or vacations your made feel guilty - your leaving your team in a bind and your not a team player. Coordinators pick favorites and dump on "non-team players". If your looking for clear cut rules and understandable requirements. If your looking for a job that stays out of your personal/family obligations. Would not recommend! If your single and looking to join a VIllage and commit everything to them there is definitely opportunity.

Advice to Management

In interviews please be honest about money, and job requirements.

"A good place to get your foot in the door."

Current Employee - Service Desk Professional in Brentwood, TN
    Current Employee - Service Desk Professional in Brentwood, TN

I have been working at DaVita part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The work environment and experience is the main reasons to stay within the per diem program. The pay is good while in school.

Cons

The quality assurance team is the reason why the turnover rate is so high. The metrics is also relatively high to maintain. Another downfall is there is no growth while in the per diem program.

Advice to Management

If you want to reduce the turnover rate and make your employees very happy, give them opportunities like shadowing other teams and reduce the metrics to reduce the stress of the work environment. Also changing the QA system.

"Not a very nice company to work for"

Former Employee - Home Dialysis RN in Weymouth, MA
    Former Employee - Home Dialysis RN in Weymouth, MA

I worked at DaVita full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I honestly can't find a good reason to work there. I was there for over 3 years and it was constant, ridiculous changes being made to everything to the point where not one person really knew what they were doing. Then if you weren't up to date with all the changes you were penalized. They penalize people a lot for things that are really not their responsibility. I worked as an RN in their home program and if a patient didn't reach a goal our bonuses were taken away. I felt so many times that I was more of a salesman that a nurse.

Cons

No profit sharing. Poor management. Horrible HR. I called several times to complain about certain problems that I was having and even though they state that they are for the employee, they are not....they never called me back, never emailed me back.

Advice to Management

Consider making it more about the patient than the bottom line. When I started there, I started with 4 other nurses. All 4 left within the first 6 months of being employed there for lack of support. No preceptors, no follow up, just being thrown into a position and expected to do everything the Davita way. Stop spending so much money on your parties, hire more people to do the job right and stop working people to death or right out the door. You would have less people walking out the door at a moment's notice. Stop talking the talk and walk the walk.

10. "Amazing Company"

Current Employee - Renal Dietitian II in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Renal Dietitian II in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at DaVita full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company culture, benefits, compensation, co workers, growth potential is endless

Cons

If you are not team player or type A go getter with an amazing personality then may not be for you

"Bye Felicia."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

I worked at DaVita full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are no pros or benefits.

Cons

What a rat race! Poverty wages. Benefits are mediocre to bad. Warehoused in a cube farm. They treat contractors like garbage. The sheeple working there appear to be blissfully ignorant and content. Management style includes lies and insults. Is this the new normal?

Advice to Management

You're hopeless!

Showing 1,656 of 1,692 reviews