Daegis Reviews | Glassdoor

Tim Bacci

1. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I have been working at Daegis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Honestly, I'm writing this review because I saw all the negative ones and I must say I do not echo their sentiments. I've been working for Daegis for about a year and have really enjoyed my time here. We are a small, growing company so there is a lot of work to be done. The senior leadership team is very strong and has us all moving in the right direction.

Cons

I read another review that says the office looks like a call center. Yes, it could use some sprucing up but the break room is bright and the 15th floor views are nice.

Advice to Management

Have more of us fill out Glassdoor reviews. I was shocked when a friend told me he looked up Daegis and saw all of the negative reviews.

2. "Executive Admin Assistant / Office Manager"

Former Employee - Executive Administrative/Office Manager in Cedar Hill, TX
    Former Employee - Executive Administrative/Office Manager in Cedar Hill, TX

I worked at Daegis (Less than a year)

Pros

Small technology company with excellent diverse staff , products & benefits.

Cons

This small software company had excellent products and was acquired by a very large Canadian technology company which led to many layoffs in our corporate & worldwide locations.

3. "A creative company with high-growth spirit"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Pros

Daegis offers a lot of flexibility for its employees to plan and conduct their work to achieve the expected results. It's a creative environment where new ideas are encouraged. I get great support from management and good feedback on the work I produce. Many employees have been a long time with the company which create a good knowledge base and experience to build on while at the same time new recruitment enables a strategy of growth.

Cons

Daegis is a 140-people company globally which means everyone has to wear many hats which adds to the workload. Outside of the US the brand name is not well-known which sometimes makes it more difficult to get visibility or appointments with large customers and partners.

Advice to Management

Maintain a flat organization and the opportunity for us in the field to try new things as we expand the business. Help build more awareness of the company in the market.

4. "Positive Turnaround and Transformation"

I have been working at Daegis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you want to work at a company that puts the customer and innovation first, this is it. This focus drives a fast paced innovative environment where everyone gets to have an impact. You get to have input into creating new offerings, business models and pushing the company toward the high demand sectors of the IT market. They just signed strategic deals with Cisco and Oracle and are right in the middle of the big data and SaaS buzz! It's very rewarding to see the direct impact you can have on the business.

Cons

The company has changed strategic direction in the last year and employees that were tied to the old business were impacted. Good people were lost but the company had to move to where the demand was in the market and away from technologies that were getting commoditized. If you could demonstrate the ability to re-invent yourself and be of value in the new model they worked hard to keep these individuals. Lots of long timers here with 10-20 years of tenure who have done so.

Advice to Management

I think the leadership team has made the right hard choices. It is never easy to say good bye to good people and friends (they're talented people so will land well). Some of the pain felt by employees in the past was related to not making these hard decisions faster and played out as death by a thousand cuts. The leadership team is past this period and looking toward new growth going forward.

5. "Product Manager, Legal Case Management, eDiscovery"

I worked at Daegis full-time

Pros

Great software, good co-workers. Very customer focused.

Cons

Company was having financial difficulties. Now that it was acquired by OpenText, no longer an issue

6. "Potential for greatness"

Former Employee - Software Engineer
    Former Employee - Software Engineer

Pros

Lots of changes and cutting edge development tools are tested and implemented when possible.

Cons

If you struggle with anything you have no help, so you must succeed on your own.

Advice to Management

Not everyone is an instant superstar and some people need guidance.

7. "Work is interesting, however constant reorganizations and layoffs make the work environment extremely tense."

I worked at Daegis full-time

Pros

Interesting Work, good pay, good benefits, get to work with variety of clients in many industries and in different countries. Exposure to different technologies and applications.

Cons

Downturn in revenue and profit has led to constant reorganization and layoffs. Tend to hire management based on past friendships as opposed to actual skill and capabilities.

Advice to Management

Treat employees with respect and try to be more pro-active in understanding skills and value of employees to the organization.

"Not the company it used to be"

I have been working at Daegis full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Somewhat flexible work hours or work from home if needed.

Cons

Raises do not exist. No bonuses. If you want more pay, work more overtime.

Advice to Management

Be more visible and engaged with employees.

9. "Daegis"

Former Employee - Director of Global Archive Support in Rutherford, NJ
    Former Employee - Director of Global Archive Support in Rutherford, NJ

I worked at Daegis (More than 8 years)

Pros

Wonderful customers, employees and products made it great place to work and was what kept me plugging away through the good and bad times.

Cons

Management's constantly shifting priorities made it very difficult to stay focused. Being acquired by Open Text was needed to keep us there for the customers.

Advice to Management

Need to understand the essential relationship between the customers and the crew supporting the product and provide tools and resources needed to continually build that relationship.

10. "Uneventful"

Former Employee - Functional Consultant
    Former Employee - Functional Consultant

Pros

Co-workers were respectful and educated.

Cons

Mixed leadership messages between various departments.

Advice to Management

Hold people in leadership positions accountable