Daily Transcription Reviews | Glassdoor

Daily Transcription Reviews

3.4
Jason Reeves

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great company for contract transcription"

Former Contractor - Transcription in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Contractor - Transcription in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Daily Transcription as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Interesting work; different assignments; pay rises as you prove your abilities

Cons

If anything, pay could be higher

Feb 13, 2018 – human resource assistant

Thank you for your kind words. It would be nice to increase the pay as we know our transcribers work hard. We pay according to what we are paid for the files. And our pay rate is well within the... More

"A good job (if low-paying) for the introverted"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Daily Transcription as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Very quick and easy hiring process, only had to take a transcription test. Work your own hours. All communication handled all over email (great for more introverted people, and the company is quick to respond to any concerns). Though deadlines are strict, employer very understanding of mistakes or personal emergencies if you communicate honestly and quickly.

Cons

The amount of time it takes to do the work well is usually not worth the payout. All projects have varying rates based on how long the media is. While that is probably for the best for a remote job, the time spent with said rates always ends up paying out less than minimum wage, and it can be incredibly difficult work for the impatient. No benefits either, but that was expected.

"You'll work over-time for under minimum wage."

Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer
    Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer

Pros

1.) Work at Home

2.) "Watch" shows before everyone else does

3.) Seemed to be enough work to choose from, I never had to wait around or have a lapse in assignments.

Cons

1.) You're held hostage at home.
    (You accept a job and must have it completed ASAP, granted they claim to have the assignment submitted within 24 hours. Even two hours after accepting the assignment, management will start spamming e-mails about if you're finished yet.)

2.) Management expects you to perfectly caption the worst quality voicemails of thick accented people talking about specific professional terminology. I would even search up the possible terms, but the audio quality was so horrifyingly bad. "Just go back and fill out more." They say. THIS assignment took 3 entire days to do. When it's only under a dollar per minute you transcribe (and the total file was maybe 5 minutes), you can understand when I say you'll put in over-time hours and get crap pay in return.

This is a last resort job. I'm quick at typing and fluent with English, but a paycheck for me was still $17.00 for an entire week of work.

Advice to Management

If a worker accepts an assignment and has 24 hours to submit it, dear god, don't hound them every hour about them working on it. They are working and busy and not checking their e-mail.

Also, understand when to reject horrible audio quality and don't hound your workers to magically understand it all, especially when management would admit that they couldn't do a better job.

Mar 19, 2018 – human resource assistant

In reference to your review above:

1) It would never be our intention that someone feels held hostage. Daily Transcription provides the ability for IC's to make their own schedules and work from... More

"Transcriptionist"

Current Contractor - Transcriptionist
    Current Contractor - Transcriptionist

I have been working at Daily Transcription as a contractor

Pros

Pick your own yours, can quickly learn the job without experience if you can follow directions, and good response time and friendliness from management

Cons

Not gauranteed work, transcribing is tedious, the pay is awful and without benefits as an independent contracter, and if you're on the east coast the time difference from CA means you won't get your assignments until the day is half over

Advice to Management

Better pay

Feb 13, 2018 – human resource assistant

Our clients' needs are what dictate the needs of our company. It is like that at any transcription company. When it rains it pours and then sometimes there can be a drought.

Contractors are... More

"Consistent, great to work for company"

Current Freelancer - Independent Contractor
    Current Freelancer - Independent Contractor

I have been working at Daily Transcription (More than 3 years)

Pros

One of the most consistent transcription companies I have had the pleasure to work for. Work is steady, staff is helpful, assignments are usually interesting.

Cons

When they say they demand accuracy, they mean it. Meeting tight deadlines and having the ability to be flexible is a must working for Daily Transcription.

Feb 13, 2018 – human resource assistant

Thank you for your kind words and encouragement. We maintain a 98% accuracy with our clients and they expect it so we do expect it from our transcribers and QC Department. If not we will not keep... More

"Friendly, convenient company"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Daily Transcription as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

I like working at home and being here for my family. Work is challenging at times. Staff is very friendly.

Cons

Pay is a little low, however working remotely saves on gas and maintenance. Work can be tedious and boring at times. No room for promotions.

Advice to Management

Increase pay and/or benefits.

Feb 13, 2018 – human resource assistant

Thank you for your kind response. We love giving the ability to work from home.

For successful transcribers, there is room for development and moving forward. We much rather train our fruitful... More

"Great, responsive company"

Current Freelancer - Freelance Transcriber in Olympia, WA
    Current Freelancer - Freelance Transcriber in Olympia, WA

I have been working at Daily Transcription (More than 3 years)

Pros

The best company to work for if you're a new transcriber, you choose how much and how often you work, very responsive and quick reply time on emails, consistent year-round work, plenty of variations in assignments, friendly people to work with

Cons

Deadlines and the expected high accuracy of your work may be stressful to some - personally it helps me stay focused

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, I really appreciate the amount of communication that exists between everyone at DT and the freelance contractors

Feb 13, 2018 – human resource assistant

We are always striving to move forward and improve our processes. We hope to continue to move forward in a positive direction.

"Great work-at-home job!"

Current Freelancer - Independent Contractor in Coral Springs, FL
    Current Freelancer - Independent Contractor in Coral Springs, FL

I have been working at Daily Transcription (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work from the comfort of your home, take time off whenever you need it, reliable source of income, pays weekly, ability to take on as much work as desired during busy season. The management team is consistent, hard-working, knowledgeable and friendly. Truly a great place to work. I would definitely recommend Daily Transcription!

Cons

No direct deposit, no traditional full-time benefits (because of IC status, and to that point, end-of-year taxes are brutal,) limited work available during slow season, no raises or bonuses (since rate is based on project and does not, or rarely, increase over time) and there is little opportunity to get to know your "coworkers" due to the nature of the industry.

Advice to Management

Consider offering direct deposit or a web-based pay option such as PayPal or ClearXchange.

Feb 13, 2018 – human resource assistant

We very much would like to offer a web-based pay option or direct deposit. Maybe it will be on the horizon at a later date. It is not feasible at this time.

"Working for Daily Transcription"

Current Contractor - Independent Contractor in Germantown, KY
    Current Contractor - Independent Contractor in Germantown, KY

I have been working at Daily Transcription as a contractor (More than 8 years)

Pros

Pretty continuous workflow. Set your own schedule. Questions get answered pretty quickly. Great company to work for!

Cons

I have worked for this company for 9 years now and I have nothing but good to say about this company. :)

Feb 13, 2018 – human resource assistant

Thank you. We all strive to make DT a great place to work.

"Transcriber"

Current Contractor - Contract Transcriber in Springfield, IL
    Current Contractor - Contract Transcriber in Springfield, IL

I have been working at Daily Transcription as a contractor (More than 5 years)

Pros

I am a stay at home mom and have been working with DT for almost 7 years. I think this is a great company to work with. I have always found the staff to be extremely accommodating and helpful with any questions/issues I may have had. I love the ease of signing up for work on the schedule and the ability it gives me to earn money from home while fitting it into my crazy hectic schedule. I like the fact that I can always increase my earnings by signing up for more work. Additionally, over the years, I have received assignments and then had personal issues come up and been unable to accept the assignment. The staff has ALWAYS worked with me and shown compassion and understanding for my situation. I would highly recommend them for anyone wanting to work from home.

Cons

For me personally there aren't any cons. However, if you are not a self-starter and motivated person, this may not be the right fit for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! My one suggestion might be that if/when you update the Transcriber Guide, it would be helpful for you to make us aware that you have done so.

Feb 13, 2018 – human resource assistant

It is awesome to be able to provide a productive means for anyone who wishes to work from the comfort of their home while still providing for their family.