Daimler Trucks North America Truck Assembler Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 18 reviews

3.5
Daimler Trucks North America CEO Roger Nielsen
Roger Nielsen
  1. "A good place to work"

Truck Assembler in Mount Holly, NC

I worked at Daimler Trucks North America for more than a year

Pros

Good pay, friendly coworkers, paid lunch, paid holidays and overtime

Cons

Lay offs, unstable, sometimes to fast of pace

Daimler Trucks North America2017-01-23
  2. "Good pay and benefits but worry over layoffs, although work has been steady recently"

Current Employee - Truck Assembler in Mount Holly, NC

I have been working at Daimler Trucks North America full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The pay is good, as well as benefits. Depending on your view of unions, it can be seen as a good thing in certain instances.

Cons

Again, depending on your views, Union can be good or bad, and it really is both here. Layoffs can be a worry, although work has been steady recently.

Advice to Management

Hold people accountable, but also be understanding of good employees' circumstances.

Daimler Trucks North America2017-12-27

"Good Job with amazing benefits and generous with paid time off"

Former Employee - Truck Assembler in Mount Holly, NC

I worked at Daimler Trucks North America full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Most affordable health insurance I've ever had. -total of 3 weeks paid time off every year after your probation period is over -2 week paid Christmas vacation - 8 hr shifts with shift diff for 2nd or 3rd - they try to move you around on the line from time to time so you arn't always doing the exact same thing but for the most part you will be doing the same thing just about every day. - unionized

Cons

If you are thinking of applying or just got hired be prepared to be laid off at some point. I relocated and moved my family because I got this job. Little did I know they are known for laying off. My orientation class asked HR in front of everyone what the likely hood of being laid off was and they flat out lied. They said it was very unlikely and that they had so many orders that they couldn't get the trucks out... fast enough. They also told us that the last time they laid off was the recession of 2008 then called everyone back. LIES! I didn't even work there for 4 months before the lay off rumors started. When I was there for 7 months they announced they would be laying off. Thankfully I knew someone that was hiring and I got a new job just in time. I was offered the job back a little over a year later but did not take it. I just couldn't continue to have a job that I'm not sure how long it's going to last especially when I am the sole provider for my family. If they didn't do so much hiring and laying off it really would be the perfect job, even though it can be a very repetitive job which was difficult for me because I get bored easily.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring so many people just to fill your big orders then leave them high and dry in a year.

Daimler Trucks North America2017-08-02

"Awesome Benefits horrible work environment management not so smart."

Current Employee - Truck Assembler in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Daimler Trucks North America full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The benefits and the pay and the bonuses! I mean you can make 40k here in about 2-3 years and 1600$ cash bonuses a year just for showing up to work on time. Insurance is unbeatable because they get the insurance out of state so it's better prices than NC. 175$ a month for a family and full coverage with 20$ co-pays. Hours are great 3:00pm-11:30 pm.

Cons

Sometimes you wish you didn't come in because the company decides to punish you for people not showing up. The work is not easy it's challenging and rough as heck you will come home feeling like a stiff turd for the first month of work depending on what location your in. You may get lucky and get a girls job and have it made. Or you may get stuck in a position that sucks for 5 years and no hope of moving till they... post jobs on internal board. Also everyone here is a redneck and hateful most people will try to make you feel like a turd just for some entertainment because they hate their job.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring young men who have no assembly line or manufacturing experience just because they are young. And stop hiring golden boys for management who look like they never did a days work in their life all you're doing is hiring angry immature men who have something to prove and make the people who build your product and made you number one in North America work themselves to death. In five years I have seen 3... heart attacks 4 cases of exposures to chemicals an more knee surgeries than I can count in your workforce. You are pushing people too hard.

Daimler Trucks North America2017-01-03
  5. "Assembler"

Current Employee - Truck Assembler in Cleveland, NC

I have been working at Daimler Trucks North America full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good pay and benefits when working. Fast paced work. Feel pride at the site of finished products driving down the road.

Cons

Lay offs are frequent. I'm heading into my seventh lay off from this employer in less than 14 years. Basically, you will rotate between working at least 50 hours a week (often more) and getting laid off; sometimes just long enough to start job searching, others may be for years.

Advice to Management

Value employees more. T-shirts don't mean a lot if you keep getting laid off every time you think you have some stability.

Daimler Trucks North America2016-09-15
  6. "Truck assembler"

Former Employee - Truck Assembler in Cleveland, NC

I worked at Daimler Trucks North America full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good paid time off such as vacation, pto, sick and okay money

Cons

Too many lay offs, they use you till they get what they what then kick you to the side when there done .

Daimler Trucks North America2016-06-03

"Too many layoffs"

Former Employee - Truck Assembler in Cleveland, NC

I worked at Daimler Trucks North America full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay is okay, even though they have a two tier pay system - meaning the person doing the smae job as you may make 8 to 10 dollars more for the same job. Benefits and time off was the best part.

Cons

Too many layoffs. Some folks were hired in November of 2015 and then the company had a big layoff in January of 2016. Seems like poor planning.

Advice to Management

Reduce layoffs.

Daimler Trucks North America2016-05-19
  8. "Good company if you don;t get laid off"

Truck Assembler in Mount Holly, NC

I worked at Daimler Trucks North America

Pros

Enjoyed working there. Got laid off after only eight months. Kinda disappointing.

Cons

Layoffs often. Benefits worth it through. Hope to be called back soon.

Daimler Trucks North America2016-04-19
  9. "great company to work for"

Current Employee - Truck Assembler in Mount Holly, NC

I have been working at Daimler Trucks North America full-time for less than a year

Pros

-union based company -great people to work with -take care of employees

Cons

-very fast paced (if you cant keep up then its not a job for you)

Daimler Trucks North America2016-02-23

"Organized Chaos"

Current Employee - Truck Assembler in Mount Holly, NC

I have been working at Daimler Trucks North America full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Some good people to work with

Cons

Leadership's only concern is their bonus and out of touch with day to day operations. Good luck finding a parking spot and punching in on time unless you are 30 minutes early.

Advice to Management

Retire

Daimler Trucks North America2015-11-16