- strong global presence
- full service i bank
- structuring issues
- deal flow and other things
I worked at Daiwa Securities Japan full-time
Name value in Japan. Better work-life balance compared to other companies in the industry.
Not much name value outside Japan. Very conservative and hierarchical. Employees generally not motivated. Most of the hard-working and smart juniors left within 3 years or so as they saw no future.
I have been working at Daiwa Securities Japan full-time (More than 5 years)
They work professionally and behave right according to the law. Social welfare is good.
The working environment is not competitive enough and the culture is too conservative without trying new things. Even the salary is very low compared to other companies, they still can't make satisfactory profit. This is because they don't fire inefficient employees and pay higher for efficient ones.
I worked at Daiwa Securities Japan full-time (More than 5 years)
- Good to work as an undergraduate to gain domestic Japanese market experience
- Fairly good work life balance (depends on the department though)
- Very little risk of getting fired
- Too much bureaucracy
- Not many foreigners working there in Tokyo office. People lack cultural understanding. So this is one of the hardest places to work for a foreigner.
- Compensation is very low if you are hired in Tokyo.
- No career growth. Basically I would advice to move on after 3 years.
- Totally illogical and stupid internal rotation policy
- Management has old fashioned mentality.
Advice to Management
- Please promote more younger people without discriminating based on age.
- Hire foreigners as executives and board members if you are serious about being a global player.
This will replace the current featured review for targeted profile. Are you sure you want to replace it?
Are you sure you want to remove this review from being featured for targeted profile?