Dakno Marketing Reviews | Glassdoor

Dakno Marketing CEO Brad Carroll
Brad Carroll
  1. It Absolutely Is What You Make Of It

I have been working at Dakno Marketing full-time

Pros

This gig is a good one. The amount of knowledge to be learned is huge. The people who work here are great. Plus, there are good strides being made in moving the company towards a structured one with departments and management more defined than in the past. You won't be micromanaged and you'll have fun in an amazing space.

Cons

Is this job perfect? Probably not, but is it a good, solid gig? Yes, absolutely. There are a couple of grouchy employees in the mix, but they're by far the minority, and if you know how people work, and what makes people tick, you can easily figure out how to best approach everyone who works here in an appropriate manner.

Advice to Management

Keep moving forward with your business, customers and employees in mind.

Really stressful with no reward

I worked at Dakno Marketing

Pros

I think the new office they have is cool and the employees are good people. Overall it’s a good atmosphere for recent grads or entry level who are looking for a stepping stone to a real job.

Cons

There’s really high turnover because of poor management and leadership, low salaries, difficult clients, I was stressed all the time. I put in a lot of hours with little reward and got paid very little. The clients can be really difficult and you don’t get the support you need from leaders.

Get Out!

I worked at Dakno Marketing full-time

Pros

Alright, let's get this out of the way. I learned a lot being there and really enjoyed the free snacks. Although I didn't have enough money to buy enough groceries for my family, at least I had a few snacks I could take home with me. The employees are AMAZING, except those who've been there over 5 years. I can truly say that I gained the most meaningful professional relationships.

Cons

*deep sigh* Ok, aside from the high amount of disrespectful clientele, there is absolutely no room for consequential growth. Titles change as frequent as you wash your dishes. Sincerely, I think the CEO has a little ounce of care...the rest of the ounces are for himself and his family. All of the clients only want to speak with him and of course he's not at the office often enough to make it to any calls. The clients...

Advice to Management

Take a little more time to consider your employees. Don't take advantage of the millennials, especially since we're not as nieve as you think we are. Forget the benefits, just pay your employees enough to take care of themselves and their families. The same way you're taking care of your family, believe it or not, we would like to do the same thing. Just keep that in mind.

One of the worst places I have worked

Former Employee - Account Manager in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Dakno Marketing full-time for more than a year

Pros

Snacks and drinks are provided. Some of the staff is nice. Learn a lot & quickly.

Cons

1) CEO only cares about himself and his money. 2) no room for growth 3) pay is well below industry standards 4) no health insurance 5) you'll feel taken advantage of daily 6) high turnover rate 7) you'll be thrown to the wolves

Advice to Management

Pay your people better & offer healthcare. Take into consideration work load and hire additional staff to help. Don't just hire when people quit.

It's what you make of it

I worked at Dakno Marketing full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Good culture. Great people to work with. Lots of opportunity to pick up good marketing knowledge from peers and CEO.

Cons

Overworked. Underpaid. No benefits. Little to no training. Will be thrown into work asap and when you slip up you will be thrown under the bus at first opportunity. Agents are their own kind of people. Little to no appreciation. Most all they do is yell and complain til they get their way. CEO is smart but is in control of everything. Thus getting answers from him, help, or any kind of assistance is near impossible.

Advice to Management

Need benefits. Better pay. Better understanding of employee workload. Hire proactively instead of reactively. Either choose to run the company or be the marketing expert. When doing both, you don't succeed at either.

Top 10 Reasons Dakno Marketing is a Horrible Company to Work for

I worked at Dakno Marketing full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Casual dress code, relatively flexible hours, free snacks, young coworkers.

Cons

1. The CEO is selfish and unreliable. He only cares about two things: money and himself. 2. The Clients are miserable to work with. 3. The Pay is insufficient and below industry average. 4. The Benefits are lacking; no health insurance. 5. The Workload is unmanageable and the company is constantly under-staffed - See #9. 6. The Stress is overwhelming. 7. The Leadership is non-existent, everyone has to fight for...

Advice to Management

Care about your employees and listen to their feedback.

• Decent first job

I worked at Dakno Marketing for more than 2 years

Pros

The company has a good company culture. Everyone is laid back, hours are flexible hours, and dress code is casual. Staff has a lot of autonomy.

Cons

The company is lean. Employees fill multiple roles due to insufficient staffing. Hiring is very reactive. Despite being lean, hiring only occurs when someone leaves. Turnover is often insufficient with new employees being thrown to the wolves. Pay is below average. Benefits are negligible.

Sweat Shop

I worked at Dakno Marketing full-time

Pros

Not a whole lot other than the casual dress was nice and the location was convenient. Understand they are moving to Clayton, so happy to be out of here.

Cons

Plentiful! I never felt supported in this job. The workload was ridiculous for one person and had to take work home with me on most nights. No health insurance, low pay, no overtime, screaming clients because one person can only do so much in a day, All in all this was a horrible experience. The turnover rate here is high.

Advice to Management

Support and respect your employees. Give employees flex time off when they work the weekends.

• Fun Place to Work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Dakno Marketing full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Dakno is a fun place to work however it is very fast-paced and somewhat lean...you wear many hats here. Free snacks in the break room and casual dress code. Flexibility to choose your hours within a set core of hours.

Cons

The communication between management and employees is not always the best. The pay is a little lower than other companies with similar positions. No health insurance is offered.

Found 9 reviews