Daktronics Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Daktronics CEO Reece A. Kurtenbach
Reece A. Kurtenbach

Pros
  • Daktronics generally promotes a collaborative work environment that encourages employees to work together to help our customers (in 15 reviews)

• Management does a good job letting employees have a good work/life balance (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Low pay starting if you do not have many credits (get paid more per credit completed with an A or B (in 10 reviews)

• Hard to continue to advance within the company due to upper management having a lot of seniority and not retiring any time soon (in 7 reviews)

1. "Field service engineer"

Current Employee - Field Service Engineer in Great Lakes, IL
    Current Employee - Field Service Engineer in Great Lakes, IL

I have been working at Daktronics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexibility and learning experience. Decent pay and benefits. Great job for sports lovers.

Cons

Expensive medical insurance benefit. High insurance premium and coverage is limited for the price.

Advice to Management

None

2. "I like it"

Current Employee - Senior Human Resources Representative in Brookings, SD
    Current Employee - Senior Human Resources Representative in Brookings, SD

I have been working at Daktronics full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I think they truly care about their employees. They have flexibility (hours, location), make an excellent product for cool customers (NFL, McDonalds) and there are great coworkers.

Cons

Though I feel overall Daktronics is an excellent employer, it's really all about one's supervisor. If you a current employee and you don't like your supervisor, your not going to like Daktronics. Not all supervisors here are great but many are.

"Daktronics"

Former Employee - Commercial Sales Representative/Live Events Help Desk Tech in Columbus, OH

I worked at Daktronics (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company to work for and great upper management. I was in a remote sales position covering Ohio and Southern Michigan. For the final 1 1/2 years I switched roles to work out of my home as a Help Desk Tech. One of my favorite things about the company was you really felt like management listened to you and took your thoughts on the business into consideration. Truly nothing bad to say about this company.

Cons

Only a couple cons and they aren't really Daktronics specific but more related to the nature of the roles I held. As a salesperson covering Ohio, I did find myself on the road from 50-75% of the time. After a few years it can start to wear on you. On the opposite end of the spectrum, as an in-house help desk tech, I did find myself chained to the desk for long hours and there were many days where you worked well past your shift helping a customer who's call you took right before end-of-shift. Again, not a criticism of Daktronics. Goes with the territory.

Advice to Management

None. Very good open-door policy.

4. "Sales and Marketing Intern"

Former Intern - Sales and Marketing Intern in Brookings, SD
    Former Intern - Sales and Marketing Intern in Brookings, SD

I worked at Daktronics as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun and easy to work with staff.
    Relaxed work atmosphere.
    As a sales and marketing intern you get to travel A LOT!
    Working with the best LED video technology and realizing how it affects everyday life.

Cons

You definitely have to be prepared to travel at the last minute.
    This position is not for the weak hearted, they expect you to travel when needed and work in corporate when needed. Must be very flexible.
    Not a lot of "Sales" or "Marketing" experience provided. Most of the time you will be in a truck driving across the country.

Advice to Management

Attempt to make the internship more focused on Sales and Marketing experience rather than just driving and setting up products.

"An awesome learning experience!"

Current Intern - Lean Intern in Brookings, SD
    Current Intern - Lean Intern in Brookings, SD

I have been working at Daktronics as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

-Great coworkers
    -Awesome on-boarding and training
    -Treated like a real person (not an intern)
    -Lots of responsibility
    -I was assigned a couple mentors to help me out with problems
    -The structure for the internship is well defined

Cons

-lower than average pay for a ME, that's really it!
    -I did live in brookings which is a smaller town than I am used to. Not a ton to do but really not that big of a complaint,

Advice to Management

Keep it up with the internship program! This experience has given me a great view of industry and has made me a better person and engineer!

6. "Excellent student opportunities available"

Former Employee - Materials Buyer/Planner Student in Brookings, SD
    Former Employee - Materials Buyer/Planner Student in Brookings, SD

I worked at Daktronics part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Daktronics allows for autonomy in the workplace. There are friendly and respectful coworkers. Student employees are treated like full-time employees rather than just seen as students.

Cons

The one con is that I would have liked to see more of the upper management, even if it was just a quick trip around the plant on an afternoon to wave at employees.

Advice to Management

Continue promoting student employment. It offers a great place to work for students and gives real opportunities to learn real-world knowledge. Hopefully enough students transition to full-time upon graduation that the investment is worth it.

7. "Great Place to Learn and Grow"

Current Employee - Engineer in Brookings, SD
    Current Employee - Engineer in Brookings, SD

I have been working at Daktronics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great People, healthy work environment, people want to do well, enormous amount of trust (good people do good things)

Cons

Structure can be confusing especially comparing different factories and areas. Job security should go into the Pros section, but they have taken it too far (fire people that can not do the job!) Pay top performers top $ or they will be gone. High School and College GPA based hiring?

Advice to Management

More direction and involvement

8. "Student Tech"

Current Employee - Student Tech in Brookings, SD
    Current Employee - Student Tech in Brookings, SD

I have been working at Daktronics part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

lots of opportunities for diverse experiences.

Cons

When the snow falls it does not stay on the ground. One day of snow could turn into a week long blizzard.. If you move here buy a truck.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

9. "Excellent production company to work for"

Current Contractor - Production Assistant in Harrisonburg, VA
    Current Contractor - Production Assistant in Harrisonburg, VA

I have been working at Daktronics as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Fair pay for contract work. Some training provided for entry-level sports production positions. Producer is excellent at team-building and very patient. Duties are well-defined.

Cons

Online software for submitting events for pay is awkward and confusing to use. Pay is only distributed on a monthly basis.

Advice to Management

Replace the Certify software.

10. "Initial entry"

Current Employee - Applications Integration Engineer - Computer Specialist in Brookings, SD

I have been working at Daktronics full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Friendly supportive work environment with support and encouragement for personal development and education.

Cons

None from my point of view